Author Topic: CH Pro Throttle & Pedals  (Read 510 times)

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
CH Pro Throttle & Pedals
« on: November 18, 2005, 01:12:24 PM »
Just bought Ch Throddle and Pedals.  Looking for some assistance (instructions ;) ) on how to make everything work together.  Right now new toys are making great paper wgts.  Stick is not a Ch product,  it's a Saitek EVO......does this matter??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rokit

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
CH Pro Throttle & Pedals
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »
No it does not matter that you have an EVO for a stick.

Question:
Does the throttle and pedals show up in Windows came controller app in control panel?

If not you have a bigger problem. Let's assume they do.

You can just assign them within AH as it supports multiple controllers. You have to go into Setup->controls->Joystick->Joystick Selection and assign the axis to the proper function. i.e.

Throttle 1->CH Pro Throttle->Z axiz (I think)

Assign rudder and toe brakes to the pedals.
If you don't see your throttle and pedals in here you have a bigger problem.

Then in Stick Mappings assign any buttons and hats on the throttle you want to use.

Unless you want to assign a Shift function to a button on the throttle to double the other inputs capabilities I don't think its worth creating a Control Manager map.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
CH Pro Throttle & Pedals
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 01:29:47 PM »
your stick shouldn't matter, I just went into my stick settings in AH2 and they were already recognized by AH2, all I had to do was set the different X axis, Y axis, and rudder inputs to and all my buttons, I didn't mess with any of the sliders... I'm running a Saitek X45, stick and throttle combo, with CH pro pedals, I bought a CH pro stick, but I like my modified X45 better, I switched springs out on it so its allot easier to use... I read a few posts in the past that spoke about NOT installing the CH or Saitek software that comes with it so I never did, it was all plug and play, I'm not sure if it messes anything up or not, I just know I read it somewhere in here...

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
CH Pro Throttle & Pedals
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 01:41:56 PM »
Yea everything shows up in windows & Setup.  I did load all sofware.  Will try setting controls again and see what happens.  If no go.....I'll uninstall software and try again.

Thanks for the assist Gents.

Rokit

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
CH Pro Throttle & Pedals
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 01:45:37 PM »
Im not sure if the software thing is a BIG deal or not, I just know about 3 months ago when I got my pedals I read on here about NOT installing the software unless you absolutely didn't have to, I'm sorry I don't remember what the consequences were or the circumstances that prompted the post. I would sugest you do it just like you said and if everything works I wouldn't worry bout it bro

Offline heatedpitot

• Zinc Member
CH Pro Throttle & Pedals
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 09:06:51 AM »
Cliffra;

Check your PM please

SS10
in the Great Dismal Swamp in the Great state of North Carolina!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
CH Pro Throttle & Pedals
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 02:44:34 PM »
I bought a CH pedal setup recently.  I did not install any software.  I just plugged it in and then started up Aces High.  If you go to Setup->controls->Joystick->Joystick Selection
Then select rudder on the left by just clicking on the word rudder.
Then Select the CH Pro Pedals Joystick and I think you may have to select the Z axis on the right.  Move the pedals around with your feet and see if the numbers in parenthesis change for 0 to a huge number.  If it doesn't, try to click on the button below the list to the far right.  Then click apply and go to the settings option to check if it worked.  That should get your rudder to work.  As far as getting your throttle to work, do the same thing I believe.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline heatedpitot

• Zinc Member
Appreciate it !!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 03:29:01 PM »
I thank you muchly Kermit, that was very kind of you.  I'll surely do that.

SS10
in the Great Dismal Swamp in the Great state of North Carolina!