Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »
Donut reminds me alot of Big Pac map back in AWFR. We had that map for years, there was no other map, it was great. If you wanted to furball there was fightertown. If you wanted to play the land-grab game you could do that too. Fightertown is a great place to warm-up, work on alternate planes you want some trigger-time in, and a great place to work on your SA. It affords opportunities that might only randomly happen to occur in the normal course of another map once a month for an hour or less.

The other great part of Fightertown is for those who fly off-hours when arena numbers are relatively low. THe HUGE maps are generally a HUGE YAWN most times outside of US prime-time evenings, not so with Donut map. There's an around the clock fight to be had at Fightertown.

The only negative aspect of Fightertown is the 'griefer syndrome' that is people who are what I call 'fun vampires'. They lack the talent or skill to have any true adrenalin filled fun of their own so instead suck the fun away from others via porking FT, vulching FT, capturing FT etc. There is really nothing that can be done about them except intercept them, get in an Ostwind and shoot them down and generally ostrasize them for the pathetic turdlets they are, and especially have fun in spite of their best efforts. What these pathetic people really want is the negative attention derived from successfully pissing in another's cornflakes, deny them that satisfaction and they will stop inevitably.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 05:42:42 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
doughnut
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 07:49:45 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
The only negative aspect of Fightertown is the 'griefer syndrome' that is people who are what I call 'fun vampires'. They lack the talent or skill to have any true adrenalin filled fun of their own so instead suck the fun away from others via porking FT, vulching FT, capturing FT etc. There is really nothing that can be done about them except intercept them, get in an Ostwind and shoot them down and generally ostrasize them for the pathetic turdlets they are, and especially have fun in spite of their best efforts. What these pathetic people really want is the negative attention derived from successfully pissing in another's cornflakes, deny them that satisfaction and they will stop inevitably.

Well put...VERY...add 15K ElGays and Ponies to your list though.

Maybe we can create a thread and post films and screenshots of the offenders just to prove what a sad worthless little child who was weaned too early each one of these greifers is. Let it be known to the entire AH community WHO they are. HTC probably would not appreciate that on these boards, but we do have Furball Underground. It would be nice to provide a list. I have some film of a few rooks vulching FT bases, some in 262s. Made our whole squad switch sides to bish just to combat the vulchers, I got a couple with a field gun, you want their names?

LOL

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2005, 08:05:57 AM »
EVERY map has its contingency of folks who like or dislike it. I happen to like donut.

My two cents~

DmdMax

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2005, 10:10:30 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
wn.

is people who are what I call 'fun vampires'. They lack the talent or skill to have any true adrenalin filled fun of their own so instead suck the fun away from others via porking FT, vulching FT, capturing FT etc.
Zazen

Those "fun vampires", are rooks, most of them.
FT seems to be dominated by rooks, maybe quality but for sure quantity. Last evening were 4-5 bish there and maybe 10 times more rooks . We were lucky to have BKs switching bish to keep balance in FT .:)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 10:19:23 AM by ghi »

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2005, 10:31:25 AM »
Fighter Town in the BigPac map we had in AW was a little different than what we have in the doughnut map here. (or maybe it was just used as intended there, and not a vulch fest like it is here).

The location of Fightertown on the doughnut map is in the wrong location in my opinion. It needs to be moved to the edge of the map, surrounded by water, and a far enough flight away from the rest of the action on the map to provide it some isolation.

Much like BigPac, make it a circle of 3 islands. As it stands now, it is isolated by only a circle of VH's (which don't belong anywhere near fightertown), and provides opportunty to the "fun police".

I think fightertown is a good thing, but lets get it isolated and more usable to those who wish to just furball.

Just my $0.02

Cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
doughnut
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2005, 11:05:35 AM »
Originally posted by ghi
FT seems to be dominated by rooks, maybe quality but for sure quantity. Last evening were 4-5 bish there and maybe 10 times more rooks . We were lucky to have BKs switching bish to keep balance in FT .:)

Hmm, read this the first time and thought you were talking about 4-5 knits. I was up for about 5 hours last night. At no time did I see more than 4 or 5 knits up. Every time I looked at the field, it was being vulched by, at least, 3 to 5 enemy planes (sorry, don't know which country).

The major difference between this and AW's FT seems to be numbers. I never remember seeing 50+ planes in the AW FT on a regular basis.

Tried to fly, gave up after 1 ride.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2005, 11:39:31 AM »
Originally posted by Edbert

Maybe we can create a thread and post films and screenshots of the offenders just to prove what a sad worthless little child who was weaned too early each one of these greifers is. Let it be known to the entire AH community WHO they are. HTC probably would not appreciate that on these boards, but we do have Furball Underground. It would be nice to provide a list. I have some film of a few rooks vulching FT bases, some in 262s. Made our whole squad switch sides to bish just to combat the vulchers, I got a couple with a field gun, you want their names?

LOL

Post it, a little peer pressure might work on some, ostrasize them and perhaps they'll change their ways. I'd personally like to know just so I make sure to never clear their sixes.

Zazen

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2005, 11:43:26 AM »
Originally posted by ghi

The problem is far more Rooks just want to furball than Bish or Knights. There were exactly the same number on for every country all night in the arena, so every country could have had an equal number in FT and retained arena-wide balance, but three times as many Rooks just wanted to play at Fightertown. Can't really blame Rooks for that. I know I would rather have an even furball than a gang bang. If an equal number of Bish and Knights interested in playing at Fightertown it would not be a Rook gangbang. Rooks just have alot less 'land-grab' types and alot more fighter jock types than the other two countries, makes for a rough time at FT for the fighter jocks Bish and Knights do have. (incidentally Bish and Knits were milkrunning the crap out of Rooks all night vs. undefended fields rather than playing at FT)

What I do blame Rooks for is abusing the this fact to vulch FT, that in my opinion is unsportsmanlike and inexcusable. I never vulch anywhere under any circumstances for the same reasons and make no excuses for Rooks who vulch at FT, any I see doing it get put on my "never clear their six" list permanently.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 12:07:41 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
doughnut
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2005, 11:50:12 AM »
The new map restores some of the fun in this game. If the game gets too much more "realistic" then the boredom level will reach new, "realistic" levels. It is very refreshing to be able to log into the *game* and get some adrenaline going in the furball. In fact, the fightertown area will surely sharpen your SA!

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2005, 11:59:19 AM »
Originally posted by bockko
The new map restores some of the fun in this game. If the game gets too much more "realistic" then the boredom level will reach new, "realistic" levels. It is very refreshing to be able to log into the *game* and get some adrenaline going in the furball. In fact, the fightertown area will surely sharpen your SA!

You got that right. In fact, you can tell who has bad SA by the amount of their whine-age you see on 200. You get more SA honing experience at FT in one hour than you would in an entire camp normally. This will, over time, make for much better fighter pilots in the MA.

Zazen

Offline Leayme

• Copper Member
doughnut
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2005, 12:33:10 PM »
I put in some time in FT on donut them I visited a GV base and helped the Rook defenders smash an enemy encroachment then went to FT for awhile then back out to participate in another base defense in a ground attacker role aiding the Gv defenders.

The way I see it the map can be what you make it, if you want to play with the whirling dervishes in the center of the map, then there you are if you want to roll in gvs and take bases you can, if you want to make it a combined arms battle then there is that option too.

The Vulching in FT should not happen, but what may instigate it, other than lack of enemy numbers is those certain people who up bombers to try and level the Rook fighter hangers, sorry, if you want to do that then I have no sympathy if  the net effect is to draw the Rook attackers on to your base to stop it from happening.

If you want to irritate a furballer, try and take away his/her/thier fun and then don't be surprised if they decide to return it in some fashion.

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
doughnut
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2005, 03:52:30 PM »
never EVER has ther been 80% on in FT......... mostly fighter town has become , who ever gets vulch on first other two reams leave or dwindle to 2 or 3 guys.......... want to make it real FT. make it only early war planes. put Carrier 5" guns at bases  that can't be killed and then you guy fighter town. fights would have to be in center or 5 " guns manned by whels and others eat you alive.  AT most like toady its 380 people on   10 nits ft i see 20 bishops mostly 10  and maybe 20 rooks / nits being vulched by rooks and us hittting both.............

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2005, 05:49:22 PM »
Originally posted by rod367th
never EVER has ther been 80% on in FT......... mostly fighter town has become , who ever gets vulch on first other two reams leave or dwindle to 2 or 3 guys.......... want to make it real FT. make it only early war planes. put Carrier 5" guns at bases  that can't be killed and then you guy fighter town. fights would have to be in center or 5 " guns manned by whels and others eat you alive.  AT most like toady its 380 people on   10 nits ft i see 20 bishops mostly 10  and maybe 20 rooks / nits being vulched by rooks and us hittting both.............

Have another beer rod ...  ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
doughnut
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2005, 09:43:38 PM »
thats what I get for being in hurry was in poker tourney and typing sorry i do better mommy/....

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2005, 10:01:18 PM »
LOL 5 inch carrier guns at a base would kick ass!!! No more vulching tards in FT.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.