Author Topic: doughnut  (Read 7028 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2005, 10:13:10 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
LOL 5 inch carrier guns at a base would kick ass!!! No more vulching tards in FT.

yeah, and you'd have dweebs manning the guns lobbing rounds out into the middle of glory hole.

you know it.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
doughnut
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2005, 10:36:15 PM »
make the guns away from the hole with a restricted field of fire. Like a shore battery. Pass into the field of fire and into no mans land.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
doughnut
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2005, 08:08:31 AM »
years ago I had suggested that a fighter town like area be restricted to early war of slow planes.  That would be good here if possible..

zazen..as for "more rooks just like to furball"... I don't think so.. I think that rooks simply look for anywhere that they can dominate with numbers... if they liked to furball then they would have switched sides in order to even up the numbers like some of the guys who really do like to furball..  fester switched for instance.

I really don't know what the attraction is for fighting for scraps... When I was rook in the fighter town area... It was a contest to see which of us six or 10 guys on one or two bish could get him first...  luckily... most rooks are so timid or in such monster fast planes that I could allmost allways steal it from them... but... it isn't fun... rather go bish and fight against 5 v 1 odds than be a rook and fight for scraps.

That being said.. we need a dougnut area in every map..  and.. selector just needs to have his mom pay people to play with him.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
doughnut
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2005, 08:59:38 AM »
LOL Realism - Please.

Read anything about the Real War and you will find most pilots will say it was hours of Boredom with a few seconds of terror.  Now I am sure some of you would actually like this, most would not and HTC would be broke.

FT on Donut is the best thing to happen to this game since I have been here, circa 2000  I think.

Get a grip Selector the map will change soon then you will have a place to hide in the hordes again.:rolleyes:

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2005, 10:03:29 AM »
Map Rocks
Think It Should Stay
End Of Story

PS I am a toolshedder with a furball complex....

:aok

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: doughnut
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2005, 10:47:49 AM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
well its been rotated a couple of times and i still don't like it. sorry..
to me its a step backwards in the HTC idea of makeing a game as realistic as possible...80% of players in the SH'THOLe in the centre of the map..
its buggy and arcadish and dosn't belong in ma..
I admire people who can make maps and the same is for this one, but its not an ma map.. put it up in the training arena or dueling arena...not ma..

So, your argument is that since 80% of people/customers like it and like being in the center, HT should take it away because you don't think that should be doing that a couple of times per month.

HT is moving towards reallism?  Really?  Are they working on a different game?  There is nothing real about this one.

However, there is a way you can achieve realism in your own home using this game.  First, buy a gun.  Then, when you get a PW, shoot yourself in the head.  Make sure you get some blode on the screen and there you go!  As real as it can get :D :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
doughnut
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2005, 10:59:51 AM »
Originally posted by mars01
Read anything about the Real War and you will find most pilots will say it was hours of Boredom with a few seconds of terror.  Now I am sure some of you would actually like this, most would not and HTC would be broke.

That is a pretty good description of the large scenarios. Personally I love them, 30-45 minutes of nothing then 5-10 minutes of mayhem. But there's no way I'd like that more than a couple of times a year, the MA is all about a quick adrenaline fix for me, that is why I love the donut map so much.

The other maps you have a choice of flying on one side of the 10v1 or the other, neither is fun in my opinion. If you do try and resist the horde and have any luck at all they move to find a different undefended base to attack.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
doughnut
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2005, 11:11:47 AM »
Originally posted by mussie
Map Rocks
Think It Should Stay
End Of Story

PS I am a toolshedder with a furball complex....

:aok

Agreed.  Best map in the rotation.  Something for everyone.  

Solar10
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
doughnut
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2005, 11:13:37 AM »
Hehe..those aren't vulchers, those are 13 year old "fighter pilots" dominating your airspace.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2005, 11:19:21 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
zazen..as for "more rooks just like to furball"... I don't think so.. I think that rooks simply look for anywhere that they can dominate with numbers... if they liked to furball then they would have switched sides in order to even up the numbers like some of the guys who really do like to furball..  fester switched for instance.

lazs

First of all most Rooks don't like to switch, that's an established fact. Second of all MA numbers have been quite equal with the exception of a few hours last night. I know between 11pm-1am Bish had more numbers than Rooks in the arena but still only 1/3 the # of people as Rooks at FT (the majority of those few Bish at FT were actually just you BK's not REAL Bish), Knights had equal numbers in the arena but almost noone at fightertown. Both knights and Bishops were however milking Rooks relatively undefended bases elsewhere on the map with great enthusiasm. They could have just as enthusiastically made FT an even furball if they chose to devote a proportional number to it, nothing prevented them from doing so, they chose not to, they chose instead to land-grab Rook fields with their equal arena numbers. This is not Rooks' fault.

I would like to know why you think with 75 Rooks; 75 Bish; 75 Knights playing, for example, Rooks send 20 to FT, Bish send 5 and Knights send 3? The only logical conclusion is Rooks enjoy the idea of FT, furballing, and pure Fightering for its own sake more than Bish or Knights, generally speaking. If you have another theory as to why Bish and Knits are milkrunning fields rather than evening up the fight at fightertown with their equal arena numbers I'd love to hear it.

So, what you would like is for Knights and Bishops to use the vast majority of their forces to milkrun the map instead of using those equal #'s to even up the furballing at FT. Then you would like Rooks to send them even more forces to even up the fight at Fightertown for them so Bishop and Knight egg toting candy tulips  can continue to land-grab lightly defended Rook bases instead of establishing furballing parity with Rooks at FT?!?!

I don't think so amigo! Lay down the crack pipe and Get a Clue Please!!! :huh

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 01:06:10 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
doughnut
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2005, 01:40:45 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13

I would like to know why you think with 75 Rooks; 75 Bish; 75 Knights playing, for example, Rooks send 20 to FT, Bish send 5 and Knights send 3? The only logical conclusion is Rooks enjoy the idea of FT, furballing, and pure Fightering for its own sake more than Bish or Knights, generally speaking. If you have another theory as to why Bish and Knits are milkrunning fields rather than evening up the fight at fightertown with their equal arena numbers I'd love to hear it.

I don't think so amigo! Lay down the crack pipe and Get a Clue Please!!! :huh

Zazen

Hmm, using your logic..... Of the 20 Rooks, 5 are at each enemy field, killing ack and vulching anything that moves. That leaves 10 that are actually there for a fight. The 10 Rook vulch monkeys could be helping to save their fields from the mean and nasty old milkrunning Bish and Knits. But, they chose to try and piss in the FT pool instead.

As for clues...., you seem to be a truck load short  of the answer. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 01:49:37 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Hmm, using your logic..... Of the 20 Rooks, 5 are at each enemy field, killing ack and vulching anything that moves. That leaves 10 that are actually there for a fight. The 10 Rook vulch monkeys could be helping to save their fields from the mean and nasty old milkrunning Bish and Knits. But, they chose to try and piss in the FT pool instead.

As for clues...., you seem to be a truck load short  of the answer. :)

I was just pulling arbitrary numbers for illustration purposes. The point is the Rooks at FT would like to furball. They are there because they are sick and tired of the land-grab crap. Asking Rooks to leave their country and friends to subsidize Bish and Knight milkrunning of Rook fields is rediculous. As for what Rooks do at FT when they get bored stiff because no Bish and Knights want to lay down their eggs and come furball with them I don't know or care, I usually just log-off and check back later for fights and would never vulch or pork a FT field (or any other field for that matter) myself.

We don't particularly care that Knights and Bish are milkrunning our fields per se. What we do care about is the fact that they would rather do that than play at FT and make it an even furball. Saying Rooks should leave FT to go chase down egg toting candy tulips instead of potentially furballing just because Knights and Bish lack the brass to up at FT defeats the unique fun of the Donut map. We get to chase down egg toting candy tulips on every other map, we like Donut for the potential FT furballs, it's just sad most Bish and Knits do not feel the same way.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:14:36 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
doughnut
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2005, 02:14:20 PM »
zazen... you don't get it even when nobaddy explained it to you... that being the case you probly never will...

Please explain to me what you would do in FT as a rook if you like to furball?  having 5 v 1 odds is nothing like a furball... it is simply the same kind of gamey stuff you do in the rest of the ma with shorter distances..

How do you stand to be in that group?  I was rook and changed to bish because I DO like to furball... what my fellow rooks were doing was a joke...  6 or seven guys all on one poor bish or nit.... even some of the more timid rooks would come down from their cherry pick perch to take a little timid kick and then run away.... even in spits the rooks tend to hit and run and rely on numbers.   I only fly as a rook in the ma.......

so I won't have to fight em.   They are no fun to fight.

lazs

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
doughnut
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2005, 02:20:54 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
zazen... you don't get it even when nobaddy explained it to you... that being the case you probly never will...

Please explain to me what you would do in FT as a rook if you like to furball?  having 5 v 1 odds is nothing like a furball... it is simply the same kind of gamey stuff you do in the rest of the ma with shorter distances..

How do you stand to be in that group?  I was rook and changed to bish because I DO like to furball... what my fellow rooks were doing was a joke...  6 or seven guys all on one poor bish or nit.... even some of the more timid rooks would come down from their cherry pick perch to take a little timid kick and then run away.... even in spits the rooks tend to hit and run and rely on numbers.   I only fly as a rook in the ma.......

so I won't have to fight em.   They are no fun to fight.

lazs

The absolute only reason FT fights tend to be as you describe is because MORE ROOKS WANT TO FURBALL. If an equal number of Knights and Bish WANTED TO FURBALL  INSTEAD OF MILKRUN AND LAND-GRAB there would be just as many Knights and Bish there as Rooks and the fights WOULD NOT BE AS YOU DESCRIBE they would be FURBALLS like EVERY ROOK AT FT CRAVES. What part of this do you not comprehend?

You are spinning this like Rooks want it to be 5 vs 1, Trust me this is not the case, we would much rather have  A REAL FURBALL. But of course this would require an equal number of Bish and Knights to lay down their eggs and FURBALL with us, they do not choose to do so. Instead they choose TO MILKRUN AND LAND-GRAB. Asking Rooks to leave Rookland to subsidize Knights and Bishops MILKRUNNING AND LAND-GRABBING Rook fields for the sake of making up for their weak bellybutton numbers at FT is rediculous.

Whatever you think of me personally, my flying style or that of Rooks, I/We would much, much, much, much, much, much, much, MUCH rather have an even numbered furball than a 5 vs 1, fight over the same chicken bone, turkey shoot. I can get twice or three times the kills per unit time in an even furball as a 5 vs 1 turkey shoot and it's five times as fun, it's the same for everyone. All we need is alot more Bish and Knights to give the milkrunning and land grabbing a rest when we're on Donut map and come play with us and it'll be Utopia.

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:36:08 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
doughnut
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2005, 02:39:45 PM »
Zazen...the clue rake is still available if you want it. :)

I NEVER said anyone SHOULD leave to fight milkrunners. I said COULD. Instead, they CHOOSE to stay in FT and vulch the opposing fields. As for me not fighting in FT, as I said waaaay earlier in this thread, I CHOOSE not to be vulched on takeoff.

I do find your statement about Rooks being tired of land grab just a bit humorous. Since they were milkin' the crap out of undefended Knit fields for the last 2 nights. To be fair, I also saw Knits doing the same to Rook fields and neither group made any effort to oppose the other. It is silly, but it is also the "realistic" way to "win" the war. Unfortunately for the only map with an FT, the same "tactics" are used in FT.

BTW, I'm not pointing at the Rooks, because I am not foolish or inexperienced enough to think that they are the only people that would play this way. The real point (for me) is to bring the flaws in the set-up to the fore, in hopes that they will someday be addressed.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."