Author Topic: 2005 Tournament Of Champions.  (Read 3335 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
2005 Tournament Of Champions.
« on: November 21, 2005, 11:28:54 AM »
It's that time of the year to find out who's the best of the best, at least of those who attend KOTHs.

The date of this years TOC is 10 December and tentatively scheduled for 6pm, GMT-5.

This time is NOT definate yet. It may shift a little earlier or later to accomodate the List of Invitees.
You will be invited if you have won either a Euro/FriKOTH or a US/SatKOTH this year. To help fill out the field any two match winners or 'Wabbits' will also be included. Decembers KOTHs are your last chance to qualify and get an invitation.

Including November's results here is the present list of people who are invited to fly in it:
[list=1]
  • 1olo
  • Asmodai
  • BadBoy
  • Balsy
  • BigMax
  • BluKitty
  • BuLLZ
  • Cavalear
  • DrkBlue
  • Flyboy
  • GooseCH
  • Jish65
  • ManeTMP
  • Nuke33
  • pellik
  • piterkO
  • SkyChimp
  • Stang
  • tartew
  • TC
  • Vlkyrie1
  • Wadke
  • Wilbuz
  • WindX
  • WMLute
  • YUCCA
  • [/list=1]

December's winners and wabbits will be included.

Remember, only those invited will be allowed to fly in the event.
However, anyone is welcome to come and watch the matches through CMEye mode.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Jish102

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 02:09:53 PM »
Can't wait, shaping up to be a great event looking at the invitees:cool:
MA: Irish
71 Sqn

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 06:24:10 PM »
Originally posted by Jish102
Can't wait, shaping up to be a great event looking at the invitees:cool:

Arrg windx hehe ^-^

w00t i made list lol.

Im gunna make it

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 08:51:23 PM »
any way I can get an exemption this year..i been way busy ..not been able to make mnay koths this year.

I did quailify for 2004?...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 12:15:46 AM »
It has been brought to my attention that I am in fact human and made a mistake.
Murdr has been added and gets an invitation.

BGBMAW, you still have December to make the list. I didn't even make the list and won't be flying.
If we start with one exception where will it end? That's a Pandora's Box I surely do not want to open.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 03:50:30 AM »
ok...ill do my best to make it...cherry/gang pick..and skirt the outsides to secure a 2 victory ; )

I wasnt sure if you gusy had such a huge turn out that alowing past two time winners  would make it "too full"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 11:10:20 AM »
Going through the monthly results I found one more error.

Moonear gets an invitation.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: 2005 Tournament Of Champions.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 08:22:54 PM »
Originally posted by fuzeman

The date of this years TOC is 10 December and tentatively scheduled for 6pm, GMT-5.

Hope to make it, was just informed, Company Employee Christmas Party/Dinner is on this date at wouldn't you guess it, 6pm EST ( dang it all ) :mad:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 08:48:50 PM »
is there a good reason why past 2 tiem winners are not allowed?

Seems like there is not problem with "too many"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 11:08:07 PM »
This years TOC will be slightly different than last years. Last year was the first time we ran it so all previous KOTHs were included. This is the first year of the more normal procedure we're going to use and only results of this year will be used to determine who's invited.
KOTH winners will be included. The Wabbits, seeing we treat them so nicely as we mercilessly hunt them down during KOTHs, are invited.

The time is tentative. The reason I choose 6pm is it's right between 3pm and 9pm our usual start times. If there is enough input the time can certainly swing one way or another. At this time there are no other events that day so we do have some leeway. If a majority of players had difficulty with the time we'd certainly adjust to accomodate that majority.

Offline blue308

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 08:47:14 AM »
Actually Fuzeman, it would be great if the event could start a tad earlier... as 6pm is midnight in Poland... From my previous experience with SatKOTH, which starts at 3 am in Poland, I am a zombie after just a few rounds. Would be nice not to have to fight final rounds in such state of body/mind at 3-4 am. ;)

Offline blue308

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 08:49:16 AM »
also, Piterk and Lolo who are invited, live in Poland as well. I have more free time but those guys have families and probably won't make it if it starts that late. You think it would be possible ?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 09:36:11 AM »
From the view of the list, I see this thing lasting at least a minimum of around 3 1/2 to 4 hours...............:cool:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline blue308

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 11:33:16 AM »
thats what im afraid of TC :) (and hoping for at the same time hehe)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 12:19:33 PM »
With this response it looks like a time change might be necessary.

To me, it seems an shift earlier would be best. That allows the Euro contingent to fly before they fall asleep and it will allow US fliers to attend without haveing it interfere with diner.

Keep the info coming.  How does the normal FriKOTH timeslot of 3pm, GMT-5, work out? There are some Saturday afternoon events occasionally scheduled but as I mentioned we have the complete day so far.

We have restarted the KOTH mailing list so if you don't read the boards often you can sign up for that. Use my 'Profile' to send me an e-mail and I will include that address on it or another if you specify which you want to receive these on.