Author Topic: wanna learn fighter finaly  (Read 908 times)

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
wanna learn fighter finaly
« on: November 30, 2005, 01:35:32 PM »
Well since 999000 is knight and i rook i figure it as good as any time to learn the fighters a little better is there a volunteer out  there who is willing to spend a hour or so tpo help a brother out.Ive been in this game for 4 years and i think its high time i learn the furbal stuff;)
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: wanna learn fighter finaly
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 01:38:32 PM »
Originally posted by tatertot
Well since 999000 is knight and i rook i figure it as good as any time to learn the fighters a little better is there a volunteer out  there who is willing to spend a hour or so tpo help a brother out.Ive been in this game for 4 years and i think its high time i learn the furbal stuff;)

Fightering is easy:

1) Pick out a Spit, Hurricane or Fm2.

2) Wait for him to get fixated on a friendly.

3) Once he blows all of his E to stallfight  dive in on him and unceremoniously send him back to tower.

4) Tune 200 to hear the squeals.  

5) Chuckle with delight.  

6) Rinse and repeat. ;)

End of Lesson.

:aok

Zazen
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 02:09:38 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 01:38:43 PM »
Nope :)

Of course tater!  I'm taking a "break" from a rather large paper due today which I also started today (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...?) but this week would be good for me.  I had a rather large wrench thrown into my deer season plans so I'm heading back in the woods on Saturday/Sunday.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Re: Re: wanna learn fighter finaly
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 02:00:47 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Fightering is easy:

1) Pick out a Spit, Hurricane or Fm2.

3) Once he blows all of his E to stallfight  Dive in on him and unceremoniously send him back to tower.

5) Chuckle with delight.  

6) Rinse and repeat. ;)

End of Lesson.

Zazen

And if you cant do this, position yourself far enough back in the horde so as not to be in jepordy but close enough that a few dummies are upping when you arrive at the capped base and VULCH like hell.

Make sure that you have zoom set to max so you can see if they have thier wheels up, they must be up to claim a righteous air to air kill.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »
the biggest problem is my gunning cant figure were to shoot ive tried the target but still its alot different than buff guns in those i aim high as the bullets will fall sorta each buff is dif so it seems in a fighter bullets dont angle is that true and whats the best gunsight to counter act this

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 02:37:56 PM »
the biggest problem is my gunning cant figure were to shoot ive tried the target but still its alot different than buff guns in those i aim high as the bullets will fall sorta each buff is dif so it seems in a fighter bullets dont angle is that true and whats the best gunsight to counter act this

best gunsight to counter it is an experienced eye. just get a little practise. a few days in the TA and lead should come pretty natural to you, seeing as you already know how to shoot right with buffs. just dont get to serious. get in a spit or something with some cannons with good ballistics (hispanos) and go out in the MA and have a laugh. best way to learn anything is to have fun doing it

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 02:55:35 PM »
another issue i have is i use up my ammo to fast  i fly the 190a5 and do ok as long as i stay fast still in need alot of ammo lol guess we all do but ill try the spitty  how about the a6m and or the tei one i like those because they turn well just not any good at them yet .HEY gOLFER hows the back shame i missed you guys for the reunion smack Trek for me he forgot to call

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: wanna learn fighter finaly
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 03:08:25 PM »
Fightering is easy:

1) Get in a Typhoon or a Tempest.

3) Once he blows all of his E to stallfight  dive in on him and unceremoniously send him back to tower.

5) Chuckle with delight.  

6) Rinse and repeat. ;)

End of Lesson.

SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Casper1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 03:11:29 PM »
tater - I am by no means an elite BK fighter, but I can provide this on running out of ammo:

1.  Dont think about shooting till you are within 600 of an enemy.  400 and less is my preferred shooting distance, but 600 and even more seems to work well for the experienced ballistics guys.

2.  Fire 1-2 second bursts at a time, and dont shoot unless you know you have a spittin' chance at hitting your enemy.  What I mean is, if you are trailing an enemy who is turning the dickens out of you, wait till you have a good lead angle on him before bursting your guns.

I usually never run out of ammo unless I am buff hunting or am vulching alot at a base the knits are trying to take.  (yes, I vulch to keep the bad guys outta the air when i want to land grab).

good luck, and dont get frustrated, it takes alot of practice till 'it clicks' for you

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 03:16:49 PM »
tatertot, just practice. you'll find yourself needing less and less ammo for a kill. just get close, a lot of bomber guys fire from 800 yrds, which works because of the closing distances and uber 50 cals. in fighters, get under 300 yrds before you fire, and let em rip, in short bursts. practise is the key

edit: keep at it, it takes learning and brain cells doh!:furious and don't forget, chicks dig fighter jocks!! :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 03:19:01 PM by Pooface »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 03:26:51 PM »
Im certainly no gunnery expert, but heres a few things you can try...

- get up close and personal: i usually only open fire at d200 (d400 if im desperate), dont forget to set your convergence, depending on your usual 'shooting distance'

- small bursts only. Aim, then shoot. Do not 'walk' your tracers onto the target

- go offline (enable lead computed gunsight in SETUP>ARENA SETUP>ENVIROMENT>ArenaSettings, choose FlightModeFlags from list, click change, make sure the LCG is checked, then click OK), now disable friendly lock with Ctrl TAB, by hitting TAB in fligh you can now mark the drones when they are in icon range, itll give you a cross - point you need to aim at to hit the cockpit of the plane, try to get a 'gun eye' - memorize the picture when having a gun solution

- if you run out of ammo too fast offline, change the ammo multiplier to 100000... thatll give you unlimited ammo to practice

- dont fire different gun types at the same time (ie canon and 303) as they have very different ballistics and you probably wont hit with both unless youre really close (d50)
21 is only half the truth.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: wanna learn fighter finaly
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 03:38:06 PM »

Tatertot, bro, anytime and for as long as you want I will go DA and help as much as possible.  I have a few tricks that work well and some new ones I'm working on myself.  Just give me a ch200 shout bro!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 04:00:12 PM »
Go offline ... then in the arena settings (hopefully some can point you to the right one) turn the ammo multiplier up to its max.

Take the plane you want to start with ... Spit Variant would be good ... and then shoot down the drones until you run out of ammo. Then do it again and again and again.

Fly at every possible angle to the drones and start letting the lead lose.

You WILL miss alot at the beginning, but as you progress thru the exercise and angles, you will then begin to "see" the lead shot.

For me ... the dead 6 is the hardest shot ... YMMV.

Take up the other offers for instruction, but going offline and shooting alot of bullets really does help.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 04:22:15 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
- small bursts only. Aim, then shoot. Do not 'walk' your tracers onto the target

In fact, turn the damn tracers off. It makes your targets squirm when they see 'em. :)
sand

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 04:24:25 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
For me ... the dead 6 is the hardest shot ... YMMV.

true, i find that too. strangely, i would prefer a 90 degree snapshot to a  dead six, i just find it far easier, because of the profile size.

lol, iv'e been known to waste 50 cannon rounds on a dead 6 shot at 200 yrds lol, while i can sometimes get really nice, 600yrd 90 deg snapshots, using like 5 rounds lol:lol