Author Topic: wanna learn fighter finaly  (Read 907 times)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
wanna learn fighter finaly
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 04:35:32 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
In fact, turn the damn tracers off. It makes your targets squirm when they see 'em. :)

Actually i think for starters the tracers are good, since you can actually *see* if you pull too little (very probable) or too much lead.

PS: I have tracers off. (Turning them back on a few weeks ago made my hit% drop to 1-2%.......needless to say theyre off for good now :))
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 04:38:07 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Actually i think for starters the tracers are good, since you can actually *see* if you pull too little (very probable) or too much lead.

PS: I have tracers off. (Turning them back on a few weeks ago made my hit% drop to 1-2%.......needless to say theyre off for good now :))

I've tried them on and off. My gunnery is about the same either way. The thing is you kind of want the guy to turn, a turning plane is a much higher profile target than one that isn't. Tracers are also great for making runners break.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 10:47:08 PM »
Well since 999000 is knight and i rook i figure it as good as any time to learn the fighters a little better is there a volunteer out there who is willing to spend a hour or so tpo help a brother out.Ive been in this game for 4 years and i think its high time i learn the furbal stuff
Whhooo hooo - that means less hangers down.  Welcome to the darkside tater :D.

Good luck.

It's all thrust vextors and gun solutions :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 10:54:57 PM by mars01 »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 01:02:49 AM »
Do what Slapshot but also turn tracers off and set your convergence at the range you normally start scoring hits at.

Tracers ONLY help someone when you are trying to scare an enemy off their 6, they do nothing for you. If you've been shooting from buffs this long, you don't need them.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 01:42:29 AM »
Uh,

This is a troll right?
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: wanna learn fighter finaly
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 07:59:44 AM »
Originally posted by tatertot
Well since 999000 is knight and i rook i figure it as good as any time to learn the fighters a little better is there a volunteer out  there who is willing to spend a hour or so tpo help a brother out.Ive been in this game for 4 years and i think its high time i learn the furbal stuff;)

TATER:eek:

ehhe wouldn't mind seeing u in fighter.

I think u would be good in ki84 or 38g

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 09:17:51 AM »
ok so last night i did the offline stuff dif angles dif planes as i stated earlier i tend to like the axis planes alittle better not sure why i just do .i used the spits,190s kis and the 38 and typh.But offline is alot dif than ma lol dah but i think just with a couple of hrs i have a better idea of the bursts i need now if i just get the idea when to judge someones turn i might be ok.i didnt even try online as i wanted to get the burst down first next up is some good old schooling by you guys.i look forward to the lessons and thanks for the imput never can get enough of it as to it will make me get better     LOOK OUT IFV I CAN FIGURE THIS OUT MUHAHAHAHAHAH  by the way think i =can get ht to give me a rear gun (just a 45 will do) just in case
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 03:50:33 PM »
...judge someones turn i might be ok.i didnt even try online as i wanted to get the burst down first next up is some good old schooling by you guys.i look forward to the lessons and thanks for the imput never can get enough of it as to it will make me get better LOOK OUT IFV I CAN FIGURE THIS OUT MUHAHAHAHAHAH by the way think i =can get ht to give me a rear gun (just a 45 will do) just in case

LOL Tater,

When judgeing the turn, you want to be able to read the other guys projected thrust vector (JIC - his path thru the air).  From that you want to read the where his spinner is pointing to see his probable bullet path.  You want to tay just inside, or outside of that all the time manuevering for that no shot position, while trying to stay close to him so you can manuever into a kill position.

I can't wait see you down in the weeds.  If you want the fastest way in, look for the biggest enemy dar bar and fly out at about 3 or 4 k.  Don't concentrate on getting kills the first few times, concentrate on staying alive.  This will help with target fixation.  In that environment if you have to take a second shot, there is probably now someone starting to dive on you LOL.

When you have had enough bobing and weaving and your heart is about to pop out of you chest, climb up on a pearch and do some cherry picking to practice your gunnery and slow things down and get a good feel for the plane.

Number 1 rule, don't ever climb to an enemy, unless you know you have an e advantage.  Rope a Dope stings cause you know better LOLH.

Anyway, ramblings from an average stick.  :aok

Now you just gotta bring 999 down with yah.  FI - 999 takes up the Art of Fur and turns into Shane in every what LOL :D

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 03:58:39 PM »
try taking a ride in sombodys fighter. had several people i was training tell me that helps a lot.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline tatertot

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2005, 01:52:55 PM »
ok first night got 2 kills 2 assists wait that still suxs lol
THE NAME TATERTOT IS NOT FROM MY FAV FOOD !!!!!!

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Re: Re: wanna learn fighter finaly
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2005, 02:02:23 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Fightering is easy:

1) Pick out a Spit, Hurricane or Fm2.

2) Wait for him to get fixated on a friendly.

3) Once he blows all of his E to stallfight  dive in on him and unceremoniously send him back to tower.

4) Tune 200 to hear the squeals.  

5) Chuckle with delight.  

6) Rinse and repeat. ;)

End of Lesson.

:aok

Zazen

He said he wanted to fight not admit he was ghey. Now go back to your leg waxing... :p

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: wanna learn fighter finaly
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 02:06:27 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
He said he wanted to fight not admit he was ghey. Now go back to your leg waxing... :p

Yes! Sir!

:aok

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc