Author Topic: Remember when....?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Remember when....?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2005, 01:33:22 PM »
What's this furball thing?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2005, 02:27:19 PM »
Naw westy, i didn't see this thread as a yearning for AW, I saw it as a reflection upon the past, reminisicing as it were. nor did i see anything that inferred "AH should be like AW."

there's nothing wrong with taking a look back. however, you jump on every chance you find to denigrate AW and those who played the game.

btw did you ever find your "next best sim" yet?  you even still maintaining an account for HTC or did you withdraw your support because you didn't get the eye candy and micro-management you so crave? :cry
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2005, 02:46:34 PM »
Try something fresh and of substance if your aim it to get a rise out of me. You're pseudo analytical jibber-jabber that always comes in response to my posts are as predictable as is having to wipe ones Oopsy after taking a Shane.  
 About as lame as your MA whiney outbursts are citing the other players having had to resort to the use of  warps/collisions/ramming/gangbanging/headon/etc/etc to "shoot" you down.

p.s.  should I be flattered you've this odd obsession or hang up with me?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 02:51:37 PM by Westy »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »
do you even play AH anymore? i remember back when you used ot be a lot more easy-going.  I guess you've gotten more fragile over the years.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2005, 03:00:18 PM »
Why Im as effervescent and amicable as ever.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2005, 06:58:50 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
Naw westy, i didn't see this thread as a yearning for AW, I saw it as a reflection upon the past, reminisicing as it were. nor did i see anything that inferred "AH should be like AW."

Thank you Shane. That is exatly what it was.

And if I remember correctly the only thing I said I missed the most was the honor amongst the players there once was.
I see it here now and again. But even here not to the extent that it was when I first came to this game
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2005, 07:01:35 PM »
As far as AW is concerned
I also said there were some things I missed and some things I didnt.

Hardly what I'd call "Rose colored glasses"

AW was another time another place.
Do I want it back? Naaaa

At this point it wouldnt be the same. That "Magic" was broken long ago

But there are a few aspects I wouldnt mind seeing incorperated here that would make this game more complete.
Meaningful strat targets being the primary.
I dont think we woud find too many people arguing against specific plane factories like say P51,La, 109, B-17, Lancaster that actually effected gameplay but not to the extent that the game was unplayable.
Such targets would I beleive aleviate some of the complaints about the toolshedders because it would give the toolshedders something meaningful to do other then just pork bases or milkrun meaningless strat targets.

Think about it. other then the HQ.
 What other reason does anyone have ot try to shoot down bombers hitting a strat target other then because he's there?
None
And what reason do bombers have to even bomb strat targets other then to get the easy perk points and artificially improve their ranking?
None

but give strat targets a real meaning and not only do the bombers have something meaningful to go after but the defenders have a reason to try and stop them without totally disrupting the gameplay
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2005, 07:14:23 PM »
I liked the in-game o'club that everyone passed thru on their way to wherever.  

other than the various technical differences, AH *is* AW *is* WB in terms of gameplay and the various types of pie-lets/styles.

bottom line is that the majority of us have a fondness for ww2 aviation - is that looking back through "deeply rose-colored glasses?"  friggin' A it is.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2005, 07:29:45 PM »
RIP Ch1 :cry
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Remember when....?
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2005, 09:16:01 PM »
I liked the in-game o'club that everyone passed thru on their way to wherever.

THAT is one feature i miss from AW, me and a couple of squaddies where just talking about that the other day. It was cool to hang out and talk about what was going on in-game. The briefing room was also a nice feature .   38

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2005, 05:47:55 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

Heck, even I understood the post for what it was. Not college edjicated or nothin'. Just have good reading comprehenison I guess. :p

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2005, 05:54:06 PM »
My post was an add-on to Sandmans post which was quoting DREDIOCKs post.    Not the whole topic itself. Just the 'back in AW we were all so chivalrous and honorable.  Adorned with white scarves we'd carry on with a bit of "tally ho, hip hip & whut!"  before radioing for permission to engage the enemy. Only one-on-one of course!"

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2005, 06:25:01 PM »
I agree with DREDIOCK's post. Remembering the good points of AW is nostalgic. And there's nothing wrong with hoping to see the good things come back to AH.

But to move on, remember when:

You drove a GV over a white rock on Pizza and your Panzer would blow up, and there were thousands of white rocks in all directions.

You drove your Tiger into a demolished town, barely touch a roof shingle laying on the ground .

An Osty could destroy a Panzer faster than a Panzer could fight an Osty.

A single B-17 could drop all the FHs at 25K with laser precision guided bombs.

Rooks were chronically the underdogs, so in response the Rook squads formed up for Rook Joint Operations nights (RJO), and once a month were unstoppable for a few hours.

A single Mossie could take down an entire town. ( the Towns used to be much smaller).

People attacked the Fuel supplies at a base to stop an onslaught.

And many more.....

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2005, 06:30:16 PM »
Remember when the rooks worked as a team instead they are furbal kings

2 years ago rooks were rooks and all they basicly did was fly fighters and furball. Always out numbered, always getting reset, always in the fight.

Now, 1 country is no different from the other. But rooks do love their alt more than others now.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Remember when....?
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2005, 07:06:30 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
My post was an add-on to Sandmans post which was quoting DREDIOCKs post.    Not the whole topic itself. Just the 'back in AW we were all so chivalrous and honorable.  Adorned with white scarves we'd carry on with a bit of "tally ho, hip hip & whut!"  before radioing for permission to engage the enemy. Only one-on-one of course!"

I wouldnt go that far. but there was a hell of alot more chivalry and honor then. Then there is now
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty