Author Topic: The competition never ends  (Read 782 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
The competition never ends
« on: December 26, 2005, 01:31:43 PM »
In response to the super uber Spit16 with clipped wings, HTC has decided to super-turbo-uber-charge the Fw190 to balance things out a bit. They calculated that (IF clipped wings = uber, THEN clipping more wings = MORE uber), and calculated the exact amount of wing clipping needed to boost the Dora performance.

On top of that they are installing a 14-gear supercharger on the dora. This means performance never falls off, at any alt, ever. Unfortunately the entire system is horribly complex and 2 of the 14 gears are malfunctioning in this secret classified confidential photo.

Many Bothans died to bring us this.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 01:56:30 PM »
ewww that skin suck.:D
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
wtf? That's my fav dora skin! It's the only one I ever use!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 02:53:49 PM »
Naw I dont like it. Look at the left wing I forgot the "walk here" lines:lol
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 03:02:37 PM »
Yes, I noticed... Much like Van Gogh's missing ear I thought it lent --- nah, I thought it was horrible!! :lol

You still have the files? Just resubmit it as a correction, HTC takes those kinds of submissions, you know!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 03:15:02 PM »
Yea I have all my files, but I dont have the email that I used anymore so I dont have the ref. numbers. I want to redo my niki skin because that was the second skin I ever did and I didnt know what I was doing with the rivets if you look at it the rivets are all over the place and looks like crap. But I dont have the ref. number for that one eather.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 03:19:53 PM »
Well send HTC an e-mail, ask Pyro if he can look them up for you and send the ref #'s to the e-mail of your choice.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 03:22:34 PM »
naw I dont want to put them through all that looking for a few emails dating back about a year.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 03:27:13 PM »
They no doubt keep a database so that they can associate any given number with any given skin. All they would have to do is search the database, and associate it with whatever comments/remarks go with that skin. I'm sure if you supply the description in the object.txt file they can find it easily enough.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: The competition never ends
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 02:55:39 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
In response to the super uber Spit16 with clipped wings, HTC has decided to super-turbo-uber-charge the Fw190 to balance things out a bit. They calculated that (IF clipped wings = uber, THEN clipping more wings = MORE uber), and calculated the exact amount of wing clipping needed to boost the Dora performance.

On top of that they are installing a 14-gear supercharger on the dora. This means performance never falls off, at any alt, ever. Unfortunately the entire system is horribly complex and 2 of the 14 gears are malfunctioning in this secret classified confidential photo.

I want that DORA skin:)

does anyone have a copy of that skin?

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 02:39:07 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty

:lol Great one, Krusty!

IK3, that skin is in the skin pack you can download from this site, but you cannot use it in H2H, unless you put it in your terrain, you know, don't you? :)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 07:20:33 PM »
Technically you can, but only you will see it (not other players) and it's a pain.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2005, 02:23:41 AM »
How? Only if you host? I tried to select a skin in the hangar, back in the H2H days, but it always shows only the default... only way I know to have other skins is include them in the terrain file...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 10:35:25 AM »
No, you can play around with your cache files. I did this for a while, but every time anything happens and resets your cache it is really annoying to re-do it all.

You basically replace your default skin with the skin files you want. It's a lot of trial and error, as you don't know which skin numbers are associated with which skin.

I gave up on it, but for a while I had my favorite skins in HTH rooms. Only I could see them, but that was enough.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2005, 11:12:46 AM »
Cc thank you.