Author Topic: One Ping deaths - Tiger Tank  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
One Ping deaths - Tiger Tank
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 10:30:32 PM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
Must have been somebodys lucky day. I've killed Tigers with an Osti but it took alot of hits to do it.

But, then again, I get kill messages without firing a shot. What is more messed up?

When your sitting in the tower and get kill messages! :D

Yeah, when I lose a Tiger I just shrug my shoulders and get the :huh face on! No biggy to me.... it makes me wonder on those 'God Mode Flaks' though.... :noid
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 03:14:36 PM »
Originally posted by ChristCAF
When your sitting in the tower and get kill messages! :D

Yeah, when I lose a Tiger I just shrug my shoulders and get the :huh face on! No biggy to me.... it makes me wonder on those 'God Mode Flaks' though.... :noid

I usually have tracers off. Sometimes they have a hard time locating you before you can damage, then kill them. I generally can't see the tracers shortly after they leave the muzzel anyway.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 11:24:08 AM »
Originally posted by Lye-El
I usually have tracers off. Sometimes they have a hard time locating you before you can damage, then kill them. I generally can't see the tracers shortly after they leave the muzzel anyway.

So this works in GV's too! I have never tried it that way.  ALot of times I will have tracers off while flying, that why if you get into a situation where some guy point shis nose at you and 'they' try and HO you.... well, you get the upper hand! :D   Will have to try this.... maybe I will be able to kill something now! :rofl
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 06:28:58 PM »
The tracers are off of the "regular" guns. The AA guns and pintle and such have no tracers, but the main guns still do.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline burnup

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2006, 12:02:46 PM »
The only setting you sould touch in a GV is your sound setting so you can hear the enemy.ive been side by side with some of the top GV guys in the game...awsomo, dr7, AApache, LTARkilz ,JMFJ...its all about your placement you must be able to hide well and range shoot....ive watch them guys do their thing and do it well....and i picked up from them...that made me one of the top GV guys in the game....so what im saying is you must be able to hide and ambush and adjust your gv setting to where you an hear them before they hear you....i hope ive told ya something good....burnup

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2006, 01:19:29 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
The AA guns and pintle and such have no tracers, but the main guns still do.

37mm Field gun? It has tracers on my front end if I turn them on.:D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »
I was gonna say I thought I saw those pretty lights ripping through my wings!! :rofl
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline USHilDvl

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »
To my knowledge, there are no "special" settings.  Nor does a green skin do anything more than help you survive by remaining unseen (highly recommended, considering the manueverability of a tank)  (stay away from the bright orange default skin, BTW)

One hit kills will happen...good angles, good range and good luck = poof goes the Tiger.  If you know the six weak spots to shoot for, set up properly, get a good angle, and hold fire until ready...you'll eat a lot of Tiger Perkies for breakfast.

I''ll tell you how I kill Tigers:  Never, ever in open field combat.  Do not square off nose to nose.  If he starts shootin at you, and has any kind of aim...it's time to scoot to a new position.  I'll either a) look for a flanking approach from range, or b) lay in ambush along a favorite travel route, usually on a reverse angle, to make myself very hard to locate.  Patience will be key.

Also, if you find yourself a good spot, don't shoot every target at the same relative position.  You'll be found.  Toy with 'em a bit...let 'em pass by the spot you blasted 'em last time and they'll think they got away.  THAT's when you ventilate 'em for maximum customer satisfaction!  :aok

Best of Luck!  

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 03:44:48 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

I guess there is allot I need to learn in regards to GVs and their weak points.

S!

Offline BGKiller

• Zinc Member
      • http://bgkiller.com
Tank settings ???
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 08:25:28 AM »
well howdy every one, this is BGSAM (JR)   , im finaly getting my system back up and i have noticed a few indefrinces with the game , ok bout the tanks ,, its not a skin or internet thats gonna help ya, ive done some serious testing h2h with my dad  now what i found is my tans are less vurnable then his and the only difference in our systems and settings is our video card, hes running the latest  MSI ATI 9550SE 256mb, and im runnin a old MSI-StarForce  G4-440MX 64mb, we could switch comps and my system would die that easy, he even tried 6 runs with a stuka on me and nothin.. i thought id post my input and se what you guys come up with.......

Offline TWA500

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »
Killing Tigers in one shot is fairly easy to do if you are close enough and hit the right spot, two hit kills are more common.

I have never killed a Tiger with a T34, has anyone?

Patience is a good thing to have when stalking a Tiger with a Panzer.

Offline BGKiller

• Zinc Member
      • http://bgkiller.com
replying to what tw500 asked
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »
Well mainly i play under my dads system and name BGSam, and i never have but under mine i have killed a tiger with a t34, i strongly belive its the video that process where ur hitting how lethal a hit is and overall acuracy, if you take a t34 with a slower more stable video card, mind the fps, hit the tiger from a slight incline and hit the top of the turret aprox 1.2 out and ull take his turret out and kill him.. but if ur loking for a level shot forget it, u might get lucky if you can find the sweet sop (fuel TAnk left rear on the tiger) its inside behind the tracks aprox , of course by the time u get a shot u must make it count and be close or ur dead lol

Offline gnubee

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 04:35:45 PM »
I have to agree that the Tiger model seems like it was constructed while HiTech was under the influence :rolleyes:  (Just kidding oh great one)

But it is odd to be sure... I've dropped 8K of ord on a parked spawn camping tiger and nothing happened to it (4 trips in a hvy f4u) it just sat there in the middle of my bomb craters, killing friendlies as happy as a clam.

Another time however... I was in a Tiger and was killed...get this, by 1 rocket from an f6f.  One, Uno, ein...however you want to say it...1 rocket.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  :D

This is where the mantra "It's only a game...It's only a game...It's only a game...It's only a game..." comes in really handy.

Offline EzzyDuzIt

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 11:50:33 PM »
i saw a panzer get hit by me (i was in a tiger!!!!) 3 times. hit atleast 3 more times by a panzer, and meanwhile being saturated by bombs and didn't die for a while.:mad:  i'm sittin there watchin this and can't believe it:huh  the panzer also managed to kill me in one hit.