Author Topic: My Minor Wishlist  (Read 1240 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
My Minor Wishlist
« on: December 29, 2005, 10:10:21 PM »
My humble wish list for minor items.  (By minor I mean non-important, I don’t mean to imply they are easy to implement).

1) Churches.  Could you remove the necessity of destruction of churches for base capture criteria.  I am an atheist but even I think it’s creepy to have to blow up churches to take a town.  This might be an easy change- just make churches have the same attribute as that hard to destroy factory in town that doesn’t need to be down for capture.

2) More Terrain Textures.  All flight sims run up against some arbitrary limit on the number of terrain textures which leads to repetition within terrains like blocky periodic shorelines, repeating farm fields, etc.  I know increasing textures increases the download size, but many people have broadband nowadays and perhaps HTC could sell one-off burned CDRs for a nominal fee to those without broadband?  More textures would give designers more latitude in creating visually interesting terrains.

3) Eaves.  In current AH town buildings the roof comes right to the edge of walls.  In real buildings the roof almost always extends slightly beyond walls, creating eaves.  Would it be an easy change to extend the roof polygons slightly beyond walls for better appearance?

4) Farm Buildings.  As I understand it these are automatically generated per terrain texture to some limiting local slope.  Could the limiting slope be reduced?  Barns built as parallelograms on the sides of hills look kind of strange.  Also, could you include some farm buildings that aren’t damaged for more variety and less of a scorched earth policy look?

5) More effects.  (As already covered by others)

6) Road Maintenance.  Could the algorithm that plants bushes and trees keep them off roads?  Normally I would have thought this might be difficult but AH used to have clean roads in the past.

7) Ammo Bunkers.  AH used to have relatively realistic looking ammo bunkers (i.e. sort of truncated pyramids).  The current rectangular ammo bunkers strike me as strange: I’ve been in my share of ammo bunkers and none had windows.  Also, none, except the small research material ones I had cog over, would have been even slightly phased by 50 cal or even 20 mm hits: they were all very thick wall concrete additionally protected by earth berms.

8) BR-350P.  Could the T-34/76 please have the BR-350P round instead of the BR-350A.  This sabot AP round could penetrate 92mm of armor at 500m (vs 70mm for the BR-350A).  Perhaps then the T-34 could at least scratch the paint on Tigers instead of being entirely useless.  Or could we have the T-34/85 so an allied tank could at least try to take on a Tiger?   (OK… so that one wasn’t quite minor.)

This topic area was called “WishList” so please don’t jump on me for actually having some wishes ;)

Respectfully, 715

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 10:26:16 PM »
No, keep the churches in.  It's fun to blow them up.  Add orphanages and hospitals so we can blow those up as well.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 10:37:30 PM »
say AKAK what if you submit pictures of your home an HTC can put it in place of the churches. It'll be fun.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 10:49:45 PM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:00:11 PM »
I'd rather have trees removed from runway glide paths LONG before anything is done about roads. They have a nasty habit of jumping out from nowhere at you in dawn/dusk when you've got oil smeared all over your canopy while deadstick gliding on final approach. :P
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:42:21 PM »
Originally posted by bagrat
say AKAK what if you submit pictures of your home an HTC can put it in place of the churches. It'll be fun.

I'd think that would be cool if I could get one of the residential houses in the town to look like my house.  I'd like it sandwiched between the church and orphanage.  Would be fun to blow up my own house along with the church and bunch of little kiddies.

ack-ack

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 12:09:55 AM »
Originally posted by bagrat

A double-wide up on cinder blocks would look out of place wouldnt it?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 12:22:58 AM »
:rofl

Don't forget the pink flamingoes and plastic deer. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 04:23:36 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
A double-wide up on cinder blocks would look out of place wouldnt it?

Wrong Raider, DS613 lives in the double-wide with his sister/fiancee.  

ack-ack

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 09:29:54 AM »
Oh, keep the churches as they are, I agree wholeheartedly with Ack-Ack here.

Sunday is the best time to hit the town. Most of the God fear'in folk are all rounded up for you.

And yep, we need a school and an orphanage too!

And sheep pens, we need sheep pens.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 11:07:32 PM »
sorry akak, I couldnt resist the opportunity :D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 11:30:24 PM »
Originally posted by 715
My humble wish list for minor items.  (By minor I mean non-important, I don’t mean to imply they are easy to implement).

1) Churches.  Could you remove the necessity of destruction of churches for base capture criteria.  I am an atheist but even I think it’s creepy to have to blow up churches to take a town.  This might be an easy change- just make churches have the same attribute as that hard to destroy factory in town that doesn’t need to be down for capture.

This topic area was called “WishList” so please don’t jump on me for actually having some wishes ;)

Respectfully, 715

I'm Catcholic, this is a GAME, move along now.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 12:49:25 AM »
What's this obsession with sheep around here? Where are we, Arkansas? :D

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2005, 03:24:46 AM »
Someone post a old pic of AH with the little fluff balls for this poor man.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2005, 06:11:49 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
What's this obsession with sheep around here? Where are we, Arkansas? :D

Don't let your mouth OVERLOAD your tail section there BOY!  :mad:

Being from Missouri you HAVEN'T GOT ANYTHING to say about others and sheep! Besides, everyone knows it's RAZORBACKS here in Arkansas you Goober! Geeze!  :rolleyes:

P.S.  The Cardinals SUCK!  :D
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
My Minor Wishlist
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2006, 01:43:52 AM »
We don't have all that many sheep in Missouri. A surprisingly high number of very fine looking women, tho (who are all frelling taken :mad: ).

What are you, a Cubs fan?