Author Topic: 38G or Spit 5?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
38G or Spit 5?
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2006, 01:39:23 PM »
Originally posted by storch
can't claim the credit OM.  the allied planes are generally so overmodelled that a mediocre attack platform can compete with arguably one of the best turners in aviation history.  It was fun though.

Any time I have encountered an A-20 in something fast enough to catch it the A-20 died easily.  I didn't matter if I was flying Axis or Allied.

Also the C.202 certainly was not one of the best turners in aviation history.  If that is the kind of stuff you are expecting no wonder you are always disappointed and though out garbage about an anti-Axis (anti-Luftwaffe really as the Italian and Japanese rides are quite nice) conspiracy.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

storch

38G or Spit 5?
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2006, 02:33:58 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Any time I have encountered an A-20 in something fast enough to catch it the A-20 died easily.  I didn't matter if I was flying Axis or Allied.

Also the C.202 certainly was not one of the best turners in aviation history.  If that is the kind of stuff you are expecting no wonder you are always disappointed and though out garbage about an anti-Axis (anti-Luftwaffe really as the Italian and Japanese rides are quite nice) conspiracy.
it's time for you to find a girlfriend and let go of this unhealthy obsession you have with storch.  it looks bad, really.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
38G or Spit 5?
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2006, 02:39:09 PM »
can't claim the credit OM.  the allied planes are generally so overmodelled that a mediocre attack platform can compete with arguably one of the best turners in aviation history.  It was fun though.

LOL...that horse you're beating is dead Storch. The A-20 is close to the weight and power of a P-38, why should it not perform decently? Just because it outperforms your expectations of how it should perform doesnt mean its overmodeled.

Originally posted by Yeager
I am curious if there was ever an A2A kill recorded for the A20 series....

Yes, they were used as night fighters by the RAF in the ETO and also by the USAAF in the PTO before the P-61 got operational.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
38G or Spit 5?
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2006, 03:01:27 PM »

ah, an opinion from the resident expert on modelling. Always a valued read. We really should sticky that thread where you backed up all your claims with hard facts and finally silenced the nonbelievers.

More Kool-Aid please!!!!!:noid

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
38G or Spit 5?
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2006, 03:52:38 PM »
it's time for you to find a girlfriend and let go of this unhealthy obsession you have with storch.  it looks bad, really.

:rofl
Neat idea of "obsession".  I have over 8000 posts (over 11,000 if you count the 3,000 I lost when they deleted a bunch of the old posts) and I have replied to you what? 10 time?  15 times?

If you think that is obsession you're deluding yourself.  Man, I must really have a thing foor poor 'ole banned Kurfurst in that case.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
38G or Spit 5?
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2006, 04:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak

Heh.  Well, you're just one of the hundreds of pilots who are better than me is all, Karnak.  No glory there!  You really should have seen Storch throw that thing around though, it was pretty amazing.

- oldman