Author Topic: Went shooting today...  (Read 796 times)

Offline *NDM*JohnnyX

• Copper Member
Went shooting today...
« on: January 22, 2006, 05:35:46 PM »

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 05:40:08 PM »
Couple of hours shooting followed by all night cleaning the guns.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 05:57:09 PM »
All night cleaning is about right.  

Do you own all those weapons?  I count 11.  If so, sell a few and buy an M14 type rifle (like an M1A).
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline *NDM*JohnnyX

• Copper Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 06:38:41 PM »
No there was 5 of us. Mine are the SKS second from left, and the .303 En all the way on the right, with the scope.

Heres a vid with my SKS...

http://www.aborman.com/huntingcamp/100_0198.MOV
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 06:41:07 PM by *NDM*JohnnyX »

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 07:10:10 PM »
SKS is a fun rifle to shoot, but not in my sights right how.  Gotta love a weapon that comes with it's own bayonet.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline *NDM*JohnnyX

• Copper Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 07:24:53 PM »
Don't forget its own grenade launcher!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 08:30:16 AM »
what... no handguns?

lazs

Offline *NDM*JohnnyX

• Copper Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »
Nah, I live in NY and haven't gone through the hassle of getting my permit yet. I'm not really a huge fan of them anyway, I like the long guns mainly. I may bring my brother in law up and shoot his .40 next time though. Right now I'm more concerned with getting a Dragunov stock for my SKS.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 10:10:14 AM »
yup. same boat... The hoops for handgun ownership here are flat out restrictive to the point of futility. *sigh*

Leaves lots more money for long guns tho... and I'm scooping 'em up as fast as I can earmark the cash.

Here's my most recent aquistion:

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 10:26:29 AM »
What chambering Hang?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 10:59:39 AM »
Springfield is bringing out an XD-45, in .45 ACP.

I have no experience with the XD's. Anyone have one that would like to comment.

I am a bit kinky for .45's and this one should be easily affordable.

(Yeah, Laz, I want a Kimber too. That's on the list. ;) )
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 11:36:58 AM »
Originally posted by Maverick
What chambering Hang?

7.62x54r... commie martyr surplus, about 50 buck per 1000 delivered.

Muahahahhahhahhahhahhaa!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
Went shooting today...
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 12:26:01 PM »
Shot my first Mauser (Yugo 24/47) this week. Dang accurate and the loading from clips and bolt action are a lot smoother than my Mosins. I really enjoyed firing it. Used 1950's era Yugo 8mm amm, accurate and cheap. The wifey shot the Mauser twice, then said it jarred her brain so she went back to the SKS.

Hangtime, how much did that SVT-40 set you back? Would love to get one of those also.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 03:18:03 PM »
The SVT40 was $675.00 shipped. I got a very good deal. Been hunting for one for months, tuff to get in good condition. Usually pretty pricey when compared to a M1... (most SVT's sell in the 800-1100 range these days) till you put a coupla thousand rounds thru it. I shoot an awful lot, and that was a big motivator for me. Plus, I'm not so much of a fan of pistol grip rifles. The damn thing shoulders beautifuly on my big frame and is mighty light for such a big rifle.

Whats freaky is the incredible accuracy.. the thing can really USE a scope. The ones the Germans captured were usually given to Snipers.  ;)

I'm trying to get an Argentine .308 FN-49 next.. that and my .308 Garand will complete my 1st thru 3rd generation semi-auto battle rifle collection, with only the SVT being in another caliber than .308

Note: if yer looking for a 'fast' boltie, can't top an Enfield. I've got a couple of Isophore 2A's that are blistering quick.. almost double the rate of fire my M-39 can achieve.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 03:20:14 PM by Hangtime »

...at home, or abroad.

Offline *NDM*JohnnyX

• Copper Member
Went shooting today...
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 05:42:41 PM »
My En was my grandfathers. 3rd generation to have it the way it sits now. It's stamped 1908, and let me tell you, the thing shoots butter smooth.