Author Topic: Air combat gambling  (Read 478 times)

Offline yuto

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.americanairport.us/class_c/yuto/album/photo1a.html
Air combat gambling
« on: January 24, 2006, 11:54:35 AM »
Not sure if this is legal, but still a cool ideal nontheless

Is it possible to have an arena that accounts for kills/deaths via crediting/deducting a fixed amount of money from the accounts of the parties involved?  So basically, if A shoots down B, then a predetermined amount of money (based on a perk system or something) will be transferred from B's account to A's.  Incidental deaths will result in a deduction as well, with the amount be dispersed to say, all the members in the arena at the time.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Air combat gambling
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 12:04:38 PM »
lolz
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Air combat gambling
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 12:06:37 PM »
There are way too many people taking this game much too serious by now. I dont think to fly in this sort of arena would be any fun. Just think of the discussions & accusations "you warped way too much", "you cheated me!" and such we do have now in the main. Now throw in some money and wait what will happen.. :huh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Air combat gambling
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 12:19:22 PM »
ummmm ... nevermind
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Air combat gambling
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 12:27:41 PM »
I wonder how much fun a poker game would be if you had to play
against 6 other guys who could pool their money and hands every
draw? :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Air combat gambling
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 12:49:11 PM »
I think there should be a real o-club we can goto and hangout. Have it setup so a player can listen to music, and play cards with other players in between missions.

~AoM~

Offline Sable

• Copper Member
Air combat gambling
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 01:12:16 PM »
If I had a dollar for every kill I've scored ....  :D

Edit - just did the math for kicks.  If you got $1 for every kill and lost one for every death, with my current stats "working" 8 hours a day 7 days a week, I'd still only be making about $23k a year before taxes.  Better stick to my day job. :lol
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 01:22:16 PM by Sable »

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Re: Air combat gambling
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 04:02:31 PM »
Originally posted by yuto
Not sure if this is legal, but still a cool ideal nontheless

Is it possible to have an arena that accounts for kills/deaths via crediting/deducting a fixed amount of money from the accounts of the parties involved?  So basically, if A shoots down B, then a predetermined amount of money (based on a perk system or something) will be transferred from B's account to A's.  Incidental deaths will result in a deduction as well, with the amount be dispersed to say, all the members in the arena at the time.

Take this idea 1 farther: Vegas betting.

There are thousands of addicted gamblers out there just waiting to bet on something new, it's the American way to take full advantage of others diseases for fun & profit.... let them bet on us as we play... of course we get a cut.

If someone wants to pay me to sit home and jerk my twisty, ha!, I'll never leave!