Author Topic: Deep Thought Question of the Week...  (Read 405 times)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Deep Thought Question of the Week...
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:49:19 AM »
I usually come up with these for my home forum, but that's been down for nearly a month.  Anyway, here it is:

You are out for a walk out in the woods somewhere.  Suddenly bigfoot pops out, sees you, and runs away.  You now have two options.

The first option is to tell everyone you know about this.  You reveal to the public that you have seen Bigfoot and that you believe it is real.  But the problem is that you would come under constant criticism, and be thought crazy, and never be taken seriously again ever.  But you know what you saw.

The second option would be to keep it entirely to yourself.  You would never tell anyone what you saw.

What would you do and why?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 09:53:54 AM »
why would i want to tell anyone i saw bigfoot?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 09:56:20 AM »
Option 3. I carry a sidearm when walking in the woods. I'd shout so that it turned its head, then shoot it in the head and be a millionaire.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 09:59:38 AM »
well right after I changed my clothes, ;)  I would tell everybody, dont care if they think I was crazy or not, but I wouldnt tell them where I saw it.
Of course most of the people that know me consider me a major BS artist but they also know when I'm being serious.  
Also I would make sure I recorded the location I saw bigfoot and take a  couple weeks off from work with some friends and try and track it to get verifiable prove of bigfoot.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 10:03:11 AM »
I'd snap a fuzzy picture with my camera phone, write a book about my experience (heavily embellished), and start speaking at conspiracy theory, ufo, and paranomal conventions to collect the check. Somebody out there will believe you... and pay to hear it. God bless America. :noid

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 11:09:56 AM »
Whats more important to yah? Certain personal knowledge without tangible proof or Certain disbelief of your knowledge and the usual hit your credibility takes when relaying your knowledge?

Me, I'd keep my trap shut and stay the hell outta that neck of the woods untill I had firepower, help with more firepower and even more help with a camera. I'd shoot the gun in self-defense, and the camera to be a millionaire.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 11:17:30 AM »
thinking rationally...

if i stayed right there, yelled for help, and someone "rescued" me, i'd be at the spot where bigfoot was.

if he really did run off, and was no threat to me, i would be able to show tracks, and hopefully more proof of his existance. maybe he scuffed a tree and some fur can be found.

either way, unless i was in danger i would not leave the spot until it was documented, and someone else saw the proof, footprints or whatever.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 11:22:01 AM »
I'd go with option 3, as I always have my pistol or something with me in the woods. A 9mm through his running lights would settle the debate. It would be an honor to have a gentle creature of the forest stuffed and mounted in my den.

Or I would chase him down, tackle him and beat him silly
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
I'd probably start worrying about those mushrooms I had with lunch and start looking for a hospital.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 01:48:53 PM »
Ok Lasersailor, when exactly did you see Bigfoot?

Sorry, I always work on the presupposition that hypotheticals never really are...

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 03:01:18 PM »
No, just wondering about what I would do if I was in that situation.

Btw all of you gun nuts, I was going to post a Part B to the question in which you are hunting, and suddenly Bigfoot is in your sights.  Would you take the shot?

But you freaks have already said you wouldn't be caught without a gun and Bigfoot wouldn't even have time to realize he was dead.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 03:17:51 PM »
The people who know me, know that I dont believe in bigfoot, UFO, Nessie,ghosts, or the Yeti. They know if I ever seriously said I saw one, that I would be telling the truth.

~AoM~

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »
I'd run to my computer and post it here.... I'm sure you all would believe me.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 03:29:34 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184

But you freaks have already said you wouldn't be caught without a gun and Bigfoot wouldn't even have time to realize he was dead.
But he was coming right at me.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Enigma

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 11:23:26 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Option 3. I carry a sidearm when walking in the woods. I'd shout so that it turned its head, then shoot it in the head and be a millionaire.

Shooting Bigfoot would not make you rich and famous.  It would make you poor and infamous.  But more likely the case would be that you walk up to your vanquished hominid and discover it was a guy in a gorilla suit.  Oops! :o