Author Topic: AVI trouble  (Read 405 times)

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
AVI trouble
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:22:29 PM »
Every time I try to make an AVI, it is just a black screen. Any ideas?

Thanks
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
Re: AVI trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 04:21:54 PM »
Originally posted by Target2
Every time I try to make an AVI, it is just a black screen. Any ideas?

Thanks

yes, dont record AVI's with AH film viewer. it either doesnt work or noone knows how to use it. go to fraps.com and DL the free software. once you install it it should be self explanatory on how yo use it, just set a hotkey for video record, and minimise it, so it runs as little icon in the system tray. open up your film, set up the angles and shot that you want, give about 10 seconds lead into the bit you want, and press play. click full screen button on the right, wait for the film and scenery to render itself, then once it gets to your scene press your fraps hotkey, and record. the freeware version of fraps records for a max of 30 secs, so take you clips in go's. once you have all your clips set up, import them into a movie making program, and edit. after a little tinkering, voila, a film :)

hope that helped:aok

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
AVI trouble
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 05:04:01 PM »
Thanks Pooface, will do.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Bushwack

• Nickel Member
AVI trouble
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 08:14:59 AM »
I didn't find any problems using Film Viewers Save as AVI. You can check my work from here.

As you can see, i have used Fraps also.

Film Viewer are those last two frames in my films. Just before finishing still pictures.

I used MPEG-4 compres here. Have done it with XviD also.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
AVI trouble
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:03:38 AM »
how do you do it with film viewer then?? all i ever got wasa  spazzed single frame

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
AVI trouble
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 01:00:07 PM »
You need to select a start point and then an end point. From there you need to select the "save as avi"... then it get's fun.  Frame by frame you have to do your views :rolleyes: so you have to make sure you get it down the right way the first time.  I would usually practice it a few times and so I could get the views down on the keypad for the views.  It is okay to do but I have the full version of Fraps as it is ALOT quicker to use that.
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~