Author Topic: I'm a flying target  (Read 557 times)

Offline JeffA

• Zinc Member
I'm a flying target
« on: February 02, 2006, 07:14:33 PM »
I am seeking a tutor to help me improve my dogfighting skills.  I have been playing AHII for well over a year and I just SUCK!!!

Any advice, from the truly skilled veterans of this game, would be MOST welcome.  I am also seeking a trainer, if someone has the time to spare for me.

Thanks!!!

Offline KgB

• Silver Member
I'm a flying target
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 07:30:35 PM »
Trust me dude,you cant be worse than i am
"It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal."-Aristotle

Offline JeffA

• Zinc Member
Not really the point
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:56:27 PM »
Well, I just get SOOOOOOO sick of being the first guy shot down in a group of 20 planes.  I just really want to get competitive and at least be able to evade somebody chasing me.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
I'm a flying target
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 07:57:14 PM »
are you able to go online now for an hour?
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
I'm a flying target
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 07:59:08 PM »
Just practice, it's not really something you can read and you can only watch film up to a point. In the end you just have to get out there and do it. Just go to the TA and the DA and ask to fight with some of the better sticks. You're going to stall, you're going to crash you're going to die....a lot. And most importantly, it'll take time, it won't change right away. But anyone who really wants to get better has to go through it. Many try, get tired of being beatin and give up. But those that put the time in have a lot of fun messing around low and slow in the furballs.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
I'm a flying target
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 08:03:44 PM »
ok dude, here is the deal, im gunna log into the DA (dueling arena) and i will be on Knights country, field a43.

come find me within the next 15 mins and i might be able to help, if not im going to find schatzi, beat her up, then go to bed :)

see ya there hopefully.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
I'm a flying target
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 08:52:52 PM »
well, im still there being beaten up by flufffy.

find me if you want, but i wont be on for more than another 30 mins

Offline slimey_J

• Zinc Member
I'm a flying target
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 11:09:20 PM »
Hey man -

I don't meet your requirement of being a "truly skilled veteran"; not even close. But, I did find something that helped me push my K/D ratio from abysmal to a little above abysmal...

I picked a plane (Ki-84) and tried to learn it as best I could. Just pick a plane or two, and learn their strengths and weaknesses. I took the -84 into the TA and got a lot of help and direction from the friendly folks in there. Then, I spent some time in slow flight (well under 100mph) to get a feel for the low speed handling and the stall. Then I took it up and tried to spin it again and again. Just try to get as comfortable as possible in the aircraft. That way, in the MA, you'll know for sure if you can maintain that slow spiral climb, or just how much airspeed you're going to pick up by diving two thousand feet to catch a bad guy.

Cheers and good luck.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
I'm a flying target
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 01:47:40 AM »
Almost all has been said. TA and DA the place to go, fight the better sticks and ask them questions. 95% they are very willing to help. If you see me online, dont hesitate to PM me and ask me to TA.

Also, you can set up a "date" with one of the trainers. Just write them at trainers@hitechcreations.com with your wishes/expectations from a trainings session. Theyll get back to you.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
I'm a flying target
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 07:06:31 AM »
What really really helped me was the film viewer.
There are 2 uses for it:
1. record your own fights and then watch and ask yourself "why did I die", "how did he beat me".
2. watch posted films of good sticks and learn new tricks.

Training and flying alot help, you'll eventually get it, but debriefing your errors and successes will get you there much quicker.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs