Author Topic: Thanks Widewing  (Read 268 times)

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
Thanks Widewing
« on: February 03, 2006, 09:11:31 AM »
Just wanted to post a thank you to Widewing. He spent quite a bit of time last night helping me work on my merge. Still have trouble with it, but I'll keep practicing. Thanks again.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Thanks Widewing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »
You certainly improved over the course of the evening. Watch the film and jump into my plane. Select external view and watch some of the merges from that perspective.

A few tips to remember...

Don't telegraph your intentions.

Merge as close to the other plane as possible without risking a collision or HO.

If you can't easily avoid being higher than the enemy, don't reverse down as the enemy plane will always turn around tighter going up (gravity will tighten his turn, while expanding yours).

Most important of all is acquiring visual contact immediately. You cannot counter what you do not see.

I'll be in the TA again this evening (probably after 9 PM eastern), so if you want to practice more we can pick up where we left off. Remember to take no more that 50% fuel in the TA. With half the fuel burn rate of the MA, 50% will keep you airborne a long time.

It will take time and practice, but you have the ability to be a very able virtual pilot.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.