Author Topic: kill shooter  (Read 4185 times)

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« on: February 08, 2006, 12:51:50 AM »
i dont know if this shoulda been posted in the "wishlist" area, but theres been a large amount of disputes as to wether the killshooter should be on or off.

hope I expalin this correctly

Some people wish the bullets would kill the friendly who crosses there line of fire,  instead the rounds cause the person firing to take all the damage.

So the problem is some people would go around shootin there own guys down for fun, rite?  On the other hand sometimes the guy firing is innocent, and someone else just carelessly jumped infront of the line of fire.

So instead of punishing either of them for more than likely making a careless mistake what if the bullets just had no effect on either of the two country members?

I dont know why this thought just now crossed my mind.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 12:55:05 AM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 01:01:10 AM »
killshooter off pros and cons:

pros:

you dont get penalised for noobs jumping infront of you.

cons:

idiots shoot own team.

grudge matches occur between friendlies

careless pilots will kill you instead of themselves.

killshooter on pros cons:

pros:

its funny when someone shooting over your shoulder kills themself.

cons:

noobs diving infront of you hurt you if you are not attentive with your gunnery and SA.

not much in it, but in reality killshooter must stay on.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 01:02:20 AM »
I liked the AW solution, where if you shot down 3 friendlies or whatever in 24hrs you no longer got live rounds but had to fly for 24hrs shooting blanks. Maybe something along those lines (as one who's on several occaisons had someone cut in front of him, RIGHT as I was pulling the trigger, I'd like to see something done with that).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 01:04:00 AM »
ty for response, i understand pros an cons, but dont you think it would be better to just have bullets not have any effect on either allie pilots?
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
kill shooter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 01:20:32 AM »
IIRC this is an incentive for not shooting at friendlies... which is bad, bad bad! (shooting the friendlies, not KS)
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 01:30:56 AM »
I understand saintaw, but not everyone intentionally shoots at freindlies. But because there is no actual fear of dieng in this game a person does not feel the need to look were bullets are coming from before entering the line of fire.

Offline WindX

• Copper Member
kill shooter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 02:03:50 AM »
I wish we had the AW sollution! Was much better IMHO. But thats just my .02 cents!

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 02:17:27 AM »
killshooter is the worst 'feature' of the game.  it wont change though so dont hold your breath.  i even had one dweeb that cut in front of me laugh about it on vox in the tower.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »
That's where you switch countries and hunt his bellybutton down.

Killshoot this, biaaaaatch! :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
kill shooter
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 03:32:39 AM »
SYSTEM:  shot down a freindly
Ludere Vincere

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
kill shooter
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 05:08:35 AM »
Killshooter is fun! Nothing better on a boring mission then starting to fight your wingman, thinking one small burst cant hurt with my gunnery skills..... only to realise your aim has improved *considerably* over night and you just pilot wounded yourself with a hals second burst out of one bank of 303s......

SYSTEM: Schatzi just killshot herself out of pure boredom....
21 is only half the truth.

Offline KD303

• Copper Member
kill shooter
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 05:40:59 AM »
Originally posted by Saxman
I liked the AW solution, where if you shot down 3 friendlies or whatever in 24hrs you no longer got live rounds but had to fly for 24hrs shooting blanks. Maybe something along those lines (as one who's on several occaisons had someone cut in front of him, RIGHT as I was pulling the trigger, I'd like to see something done with that).

Jeez! If they had that on AH and it happened to me, I'd cancel my subscription! Paying money to fly around firing blanks? Duh, no.
I'd go with the "no effect if you shoot a friendly" solution. We have it with friendly collisions, so why not with friendly bullets?

KD

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 05:48:16 AM »
It's pretty simple really.

When you see a friendly plane in your gunsight, don't shoot.

Yeah, yeah I know.

It takes self control and good reflexes but I'm sure you can do it.

Leave killshooter as it is.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 06:02:55 AM »
Originally posted by KD303
Jeez! If they had that on AH and it happened to me, I'd cancel my subscription! Paying money to fly around firing blanks? Duh, no.
I'd go with the "no effect if you shoot a friendly" solution. We have it with friendly collisions, so why not with friendly bullets?

KD

KD, because it makes too much damned sense! LOL
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 07:09:14 AM »
Bah, bunch of arcade weenies! :)

Guns damage what they shoot. They don't care about affiliation. Any other way of making it work in the game is a magic trick that detracts from reality.

I like being able to damage friendlies. I like taking ammo away from those careless enough to do so repeatedly. These things seem real to me, and reality helps me immerse.

culero (likes to use his imagination to imagine reality)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey