Author Topic: kill shooter  (Read 4186 times)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2006, 11:16:17 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 03:16:44 PM by hitech »

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2006, 11:46:38 AM »
He's said it many times before but didn't say it here, so I will.

It is the shooters responsibility to make sure it is clear to shoot!

Does it happen that some twit flies in front of your bullets and you take damage? Yes it does, but I can count on one hand the number of times it has happened to me in 2 years of flying AH. Therefor it's not an issue.

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
kill shooter
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2006, 12:26:48 PM »
The present way KS is handled forces players to think before shooting in a possible KS situation.

Situational awareness when saddled up for a kill is a very important part of the game, altering KS will only dumb down the game and render useless a experienced players developed skill.

Am I the only player who can count on two hands how many times I've been KS'd after five years in the game?

We see this subject rear it's head every few months, with a bit of effort, the poster could search this forum and get a ton of feedback on this subject since it's been debated since the forums opened and Beta1 was released.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2006, 12:39:03 PM »
Killshooter would be improved if the damage was less, IMHO.
sand

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2006, 12:56:13 PM »
i like killshooter.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2006, 01:48:52 PM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 03:16:57 PM by hitech »

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
kill shooter
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »
The other options would be insanely gamey. No damage to either, or say 3 friendly kills per day would just be BS. In RL pilots did not shoot over their buddies shoulder trying to steal their kill, and it happens way too much in the MA even with KS.

I think I have kill-shootered myself about 3 times in, what, 8 years? If you have problems with kill-shooter, frankly, 99% of the time it was you own fault, plain and simple. I think anyone foolish enough to shoot a friendly deserves what they get.

Seriously, if this was ever changed the wailing and gnashing of teeth of those shot down byt their own team would be deafening.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2006, 03:40:13 PM »
Instead of the shooter taking damage why not have their ammo zero out if they hit a friendly.  You essentially solve both complaints there.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
kill shooter
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2006, 03:45:45 PM »
Originally posted by rabbidrabbit
Instead of the shooter taking damage why not have their ammo zero out if they hit a friendly.  You essentially solve both complaints there.

Because you're encouraging people to take shots that are risky to their own team mates. In RL you DID NOT SHOOT if there was even a remote chance of hitting a friendly. Anything that allows people to dis-regard the safety of their team mates is simply gamey. Might as well add floating power-ups.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
kill shooter
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2006, 04:32:12 PM »
The  sugestion changes the basics that some one needs to be out of the fight. No ammo meens the guy is still around.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 04:43:56 PM »
how about killshooter gives you an instant rad hit or oil hit - one ping and you are rtb

or even a pilot wound .. no matter how hard/soft the hit on the friendly

at least then the offender has a chance of getting back to base after he realizes his mistake

needs to be a slap on the wrist not heavy damage cause some newbie/scoremonger jumps in front of you right as you fire off both guns point blank range - you die, he gets ur kill and flies away undamaged..as it is now
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 04:51:41 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
The  sugestion changes the basics that some one needs to be out of the fight. No ammo meens the guy is still around.

Exactly ... and in a multi-con situation, you would not know who has and who hasn't got ammo.

Radiator pings or engine hits don't cut the mustard either ... I have killed many with either condition.

If ya KS ... your out of the fight ... and rightfully so.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006, 05:56:48 PM »
I have never taken a shot that was close to somone else but I have had folks fly through me from behind while I was shooting or warp in front of me while shooting.  Both of these are gamey reasons that did not exist in real life.  This is a game.  If somone takes a risk to get a kill and they hit them I believe the should take damage but there is no way to know intent.  The beef about KS is that things like I described above happen daily where the shooter has no reason to expect they are going to KS but the game makes it a unexpected reality.  By zeroing ammo you give them the benefit of the doubt.  People would still try to avoid KS since it leaves them defenseless in the middle of a fight and the quake boys would still be punished.  They are not going to stick around in the middle of a fight if they can't get the kill.  That is their nature.  

There are basically 2 types of players.  The sim minded who would not KS on purpose and the quake boys who want to play video games.  By the design of the game it caters to both types.  The first was never a problem and the second only cares about the lewtest plane and furballing without regard for others.  Take away their fun and they will auger or go away not stick in the fight.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 06:01:57 PM »
This is an old topic, but it will always be revisited, and for good reason. I noticed no mention of the guy that dives hell bent under their team mates six from 6K above (LA7) :rolleyes: then pulls up from under their team mates nose out in front of his/her line of fire. This is the most common and most un-avoidable Killshooter incident. I do find it unsettling that the innocent is penalized in this scenario.
yall can carry on about the "Self control" all you want. The fact is almost everyone falls prey to the killshooter. I find the comment of guys that say "Ill cancel my subscription if" laughable. Its a good thing it isn’t my Company. I would tell em not to let the door hit em in the arse otw out. Who the hell needs Kids that cant control themselves? I think AH2 players should be held to a higher standard than that of a game that is long since past. AH2 IS the eliet online sim of all time as of right now imo(NO AW DIDNT GO UNDER DUE TO THE PNG watermelon EITHER):rolleyes:
I have learned to live with KS. But i would welcome a change in a heartbeat. Just what that change would be im not sure. PNG is perfectly fine with me. There was always ample warning. And the guys that were responsible enough to care learned usually long before they actually got PNGed. Those that were spiteful...well let’s just say they prolly quit the game anyhow...and most likely went back to their sand box ;)
Originally posted by hitech

Exactly. So make the jerk off Invisible one way or another. Sure let em fly all over the damn map if he wants a scenic tour. But teach the guy responsible for the incident by making him/her realize that he/she shouldn’t maneuver in front of friendly fire. I have heard some very colorful arguments erupt and disrupt everyone within earshot of the range VOX result from some jerk that just has to have that kill and squirts in front of their countrymen. Instead we punish the guy who fought to saddle up on the bandit in the first place. I know it’s a touchy subject. But I would welcome a different approach.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 06:17:27 PM by Mugzeee »

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006, 06:22:42 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Sigh, its like death and taxes. In AH there are 2 constants. Either someone is whining about collisions, or its killshooter.

Collisions seem to be tougher, people seem to have a harder time of grasping the essentials.

Killshooter, well what all of you seem to have fogotten. Is that having killshooter on has an effect on gameplay. Remove that, and you would quickly find you no longer enjoy the game.

Killshooter on helps keep 5 guys from shooting at you all at the same time.
Hordes & pack flying are bad enough now, you want to make it worse??

Ask any good pilot who's flown here for more than a year.

I bet they don't killshoot themselves more than twice a year, maybe 3 if they are unlucky.

Its all about restraint, not shooting unless you have a clear shot. Situational awareness, ie knowing who else is around you.

If there are 2 guys chasing a con now, why would you need more?
Yet that is exactly the kind of behavior that turning off killshooter would encourage.

If your sending yourself back to tower more than once a month you need to ask yourself what your doing wrong.  Either your flying in a pack, or not paying attention to whats around you.

Killshooter is fine, it ain't broke, don't fix it!

well said.

i havnt killshot myself since sometime back in early 2005 when i hit another friendly attacking some buffs.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]