Author Topic: kill shooter  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
kill shooter
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »
We should remember that png was dropped by AW some years before the end....................

I still say shame works ........... AW did prove that big style IMO.

The fact that we give up on it so easy is symptomatic of the AH MA.........

Folk that risk KS do so quite happily just like their ilk will risk HO's.............. I mean who will know .................really? They just re up again.......rinse repeat.

Whether KS is on or not a ramification should be a system report of the perpitrators deed IMO. The shame of its broadcast and the immediate reaction in the arena would be quite enough.

re HT's 262......well a "freindly kill switch" in the COAD would sort that out ensuring no perks were lost due to freindly fire.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 06:51:22 PM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 07:23:59 PM »
Don't forget that in AW there were game ops who did crowd control.  That helped contribute to keeping fratricide down more than anything else - be that going "png" or hoping for "shame" to keep the peace - IMO.
 Killshooter is one type of blind justice that works as a sort of behavior control. An all without anyone having to apply it or get involved to settle a quarrel or problem.
 And there's no doubt in my mind that without killshooter (in conjunction with the lack of 7X24 gameops) that subscriptions to AH would rapidly decline.

IMO if you (meaning anyone who dislikes HTC's killshooter) find yourself on the tard side of killshooter a lot then it truly IS your problem and not bad feature mechanics.
 If it happens infrequently then there's no problem (compared to a problem that could be there) so just put a cork in it. I'm sure you'd be the first to run to the forums and whine about going png or having to suffer from a friendly griefer shooting you down twice (In AW the tards always held off on the third friendly kill or do you folks not remember that?) from an ack gun as you try to land your "points"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 07:58:29 PM by Westy »

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
kill shooter
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 07:51:18 PM »
MUTED FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH!  :rofl

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
kill shooter
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2006, 08:09:38 PM »
how about if an enemy is near you killshooter is off and when no enemies are near it is on.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2006, 08:11:14 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
MUTED FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH!  :rofl

FIGHT THE POWA!@!@!@:D

:noid
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Dammit
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »
This is general discusion....someone brings up a subject and we are supposed to discuss it,  if you do not agree with it the idea do you all have to always respond with sarcasm!

and then u guys wonder why peolpe dont play with "honor" ( childish rolling eye picture goes here).
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2006, 10:03:45 PM »
killshooter only punishes the guy with the slowest plane, period.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dammit
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2006, 10:16:20 PM »
Originally posted by bagrat
This is general discusion....someone brings up a subject and we are supposed to discuss it,  if you do not agree with it the idea do you all have to always respond with sarcasm!

and then u guys wonder why peolpe dont play with "honor" ( childish rolling eye picture goes here).

There are degrees of "seriousness" that people take upon this game.

Some take it as a "game" ... so they don't get all wrapped up in "honor", killshooter, rams, HOs, La-7s, etc. and cause themselves much angst and anger and enjoy the game for what it is worth.

Some take it as "life altering" ... like what happens in this game had some bearing on their future, or it will get them that job they always wanted, or a super-model girlfriend, etc. and when things go wrong for them ... killshooter, rams, HOs, La-7s, etc. they accuse others of not playing the game with "honor" and/or have a meltdown on CH 200 and/or they run to this BBS and create posts such as this.

This topic has been beat beyond death ... you can't blame those, who have read this particular whine at least a gagillion times, for poking fun at it and not take it seriously (sarcasm).
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2006, 10:25:02 PM »
We have Killshooter????????:O

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
kill shooter
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2006, 11:03:22 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
killshooter only punishes the guy with the slowest plane, period.

No, KS only punishes the idiot shooting green planes.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
kill shooter
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2006, 11:39:15 PM »
The real key with killshooter is to have good SA.  If you are chasing an enemy plane, and clearly have him lined up and are going to get the kill, but hear a slightly faster friendly comming in to help with your sure kill, it is imperative that YOU as the lead plane keep aware of when he may be shooting over your left, or right wingtip.  There is no other way you can be sure to barrel roll in the correct direction to ensure the kill stealing bastage hits your plane:rofl

Offline asilvia

• Copper Member
kill shooter
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2006, 11:45:35 PM »
Ok total newbie veiw here...first off, isnt it true you dont shoot unless you have first identified your target and have a shot? Being formaer military and a hunter this has been stressed to me since I was a young'en(no I am from the north). I can see making a mistake if a friendly crosses your sights as you fire or you try a deflection shot and are totally off and hit a trailing friendly, but there should be no other time this happens.

Like someone else said I have a hard enough time trying to hit and enemy target let alone someone that might help watch my 6.

AH handle-- Alan68

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2006, 11:57:32 PM »
Slapshot I havent killshot myself off another plane in months, and when I do accidently hurt my plane I can stop myself before killing my plane.

It is not a big problem for me, however when I feel an idea is reasonable I would post it to see what others oppinion is on it, In hopes of getting mature responses and some do. You seem to think yourself as selfrighteous tossing hasty comments out here.

I dont know how to explain it to you or others here who find that whenever someone suggests an idea, think it is a "whine" or "play my way idea".

Keep in mind if everyone was so content with what they had we would not have all the things we currently have to make life better. Now your probably thinking "well now he is comparing a game to real life", NO i am saying as long as there is room for improvement people should be able to suggest ideas of improvement withuot being ridiculed.

some believe that the problem with kill shooter is that people lob shots over a friendlys shoulder . BUT the scenario I had in mind was when u are 400 behind a plane and @ full zoom (this gives you somewhat a tunnel, narrow vission, and then a friendly suddenly pops into sight while u are firing off rounds.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:17:54 AM by bagrat »
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
kill shooter
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2006, 12:08:21 AM »
doesnt take but one damn ping if you fly an A8 or 110
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
kill shooter
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2006, 05:40:09 AM »
Anyone who's had the "pleasure" of flying in the DA when some quaketard decides to shoot everyone will argue for the killshooter.

These guys just want to splat everyone's fun, and absolutely, 100% dont care if it gets folks mad. In fact, that probably adds to their twisted enjoyment. Still remember one guy who repeatedly upped 163s and would fire straight down the runway with engine off, popping anyone else in the process of getting airborne. The DA community responded y trying to vulch him...with unintended consequences, because regulars just joioning had no idea what was going on and got vulched too. Not pretty.

So the public disapproval idea flat will not work against those most likely to create problems.

I've bumped into the same mindset in the MA. Still remember one guy who upped Nik behind me and fired, killing himself. He upped again, and I explained what happened and why. The dude did it FOUR MORE TIMES. I actually throttled down so he could catch up and killshoot himself.

Do you think this guy would be influenced by anything short of the current system? How long do you think it would have taken him to get tired of nuking everyone elses fun? And, how many of these 2 weekers would it take to destroy the environment in the MA?

I say dont change a thing.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad