Author Topic: What keeps you playing Aces High?  (Read 2280 times)

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
What keeps you playing Aces High?
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2006, 07:01:24 PM »
What else! Smuggling Sheep from Rook Territory, Bish pay almost $60 a head for one of em! Good ol Sheep Market.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2006, 10:37:27 PM »
I play for a lot of the reasons already stated :)

It's a great release ..kinda funny tho ..I notice some nights when I finish I am far more tense than I was when I logged on ..those classic last ditch defense fights for bases really are a blast :)

The fight over the Channel with Batfink the other day .. I really enjoy workin to a planes strengths and drawing the bandit into the envelope where my ride works best ;)

It reminds me *very* much of street racing ..it 'feels' the same. Sizing up an opponent as he engages is the same feeling I used to get pullin into a parking lot ..or watching a new car pull in and seein if the driver was up to the challenge or just a talker ;)

I also get a huge laugh outta those folks who insist on going on and on over Ch200 (ie: storch when I shot him down in the AvA the other day)
..I was rollin :)

Now and then I like to get into the team base capture thing and just jam on for a few hours.

It's great to be back ;)

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2006, 11:01:46 PM »
For me it's always been the free trip to Hawaii, the comped rooms at Diamond Head and the slavish devotion of the sex-starved beautiful groupies that HTC provides whenever my team "wins the war" and resets the arena.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2006, 01:38:03 AM »
To be honest... the game means alot because I spent a couple years practically growing up with most of you guys, which being one of the youngest of the group has been quite an experience. As funny as it seems AH taught me that having a more mature attitude in games is the better way to go(usually :p ) If you asked me this question a year ago I would have said it was the fights that keep me here and the constant  fun, now its just the laughs and occasional fights, and people.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2006, 01:38:47 PM »
Originally posted by pluck
play for the fun fights, when i find em:). also community is generallygreat, and even those ch.200 warriors can be hillarious.

oh, and  bat, watch your six, ill be lookin for payback after ya blasted my plane out of the sky:furious j/k.  think you were in an il2, that was also on fire....not really sure, but musta made a nice snap shot.  the il2 was the only thing i saw near my six and was low 3-4 oclock.  hope the typh and 205 driver thanked you:)   vast.

hehe yup twas the IL2, and of course no one thanked me.

S! bro, ill be online monday night if you wanna go a huntin :D
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2006, 01:56:08 PM »
Well Fubie I started playing when I was 16 in '99 I think as time goes along I think I've regressed somewhat :D

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »
I play because I'm too lazy to get up from the computer. The game is great; but I have to disagree about ch.200 - that's the dumbest bunch of nonsense ever, I eventually just turned it off. It's the people that make this game both one of the best & worst experiences of online game play I've ever had. Some of the AHII guys regardless of country seem like really great people; others seem like they got molested as children.....How do fist fights not break out at the conventions? I know a couple of the threats I have recieved that were directed toward my family were enough to make me see red. If I ever go to one of those...I hope everyone is wearing "handle" name-tags.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2006, 03:37:04 PM »
On occaision, things start to click and you get that moment where you're rolling out of trouble and you can toss the visibility away because you know where he is and where he's going, and when you roll back down, he's right there 300yds in the sights... peeoooww peeooowww peooww

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »
WtH? what type of gun goes Peeooooww, My guns go POP POP POP BANG BANG BANG POP POP POP

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2006, 05:00:52 PM »
Originally posted by outbreak
WtH? what type of gun goes Peeooooww, My guns go POP POP POP BANG BANG BANG POP POP POP

They do when you hit the ground :).
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2006, 05:38:41 PM »
Originally posted by Grayeagle
I also get a huge laugh outta those folks who insist on going on and on over Ch200 (ie: storch when I shot him down in the AvA the other day)
..I was rollin :)

Storch is easy, donno why he cries so much, its not like him dying is a rare occurance.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2006, 06:29:40 PM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Yeah, that guy is a total ass, I don't see how you fine gentlemen can stand him.:D

Corky is fine for a guy from Michigan. Its that Dizdel guy that gives me the creeps...................
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2006, 06:34:36 PM »
Play what game?:huh
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »
I was diggin the game for a while, but it seems that the new people are always "noobs" no matter what they offer to the discussion and the little homeschooled kids who play all day run their mouths a little too much.

I liked Air Warrior.  I'm more of a bomber guy than a fighter guy.  The targets here consist of bombing an enemy base (and then taking crap from people because you bombed the base), bombing a city or AA factory or oil refinery (and then landing the sweet 4 perks for it), or flying for hours to bomb the HQ (and then landing the sweet 10 perks for it).  I do like the GV combat with this game and that's why I've stayed as long as I have.  Spawning in tank town and hearing the Panzers and Tigers ruining the city is great and it's one of my good memories from the game.  Flying against people like Rival or Tex is also a good memory.  It's rare when there's a 1v1 or 1v2 where all sides leave feeling like it was a good fight.  Fights with Rival have always ended that way from Arcades or ME21, Rival.

I'll probably be back but for now the game just isn't fun anymore.  Maybe if there were some real strat targets (think spitfactories from AW) it'll be a reason to come back.  

But the BBS is still fun to look at sometimes.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2006, 11:32:56 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
Corky is fine for a guy from Michigan. Its that Dizdel guy that gives me the creeps...................

Michigan?

Coulda swore I was in Minnesota.....oh well after all these years and now I find out I have to be a Lions fan....yuck! :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters