Author Topic: What keeps you playing Aces High?  (Read 2283 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
What keeps you playing Aces High?
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2006, 06:33:57 AM »
Pretty much these days only thing that keeps me here is my squad, Fester MA, OZ Kansas and TEh Donut!  The rest of the maps are lavishly boring and I will log very little time when they are up.

Perfect example-- Saturday night Donut is up, fights are great in FT everyone is fighting.  Rook Horde resets map, new map is up.  So I up FT  and every fight is a runner.  Puke!  Log off wait fot one of the above maps.

Storch is easy, donno why he cries so much, its not like him dying is a rare occurance.

LOLH aint that the truth.  He cries alot, but it's like hitting the bell on the hammer toss though.  The best part is after all his talk he can't back it up.  Ask him to the DA and he shuts up, tight as a frogs arse in water.:rofl

storch

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2006, 07:02:03 AM »
thats funny coming from a guy I wax repeatedly  I may suck mars but I kill you lots.  are you related to sharkeeRmoroniac?

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2006, 02:49:46 PM »
Storch you are such a dreamer.  You cherry picked me while I was fighting two of your squaddies.  Now a skilless dweeb such as yourself might think your special but most of us know the truth.  

Every time it was just me Vs you, you died.

I can post a few films of your cherry pickin arse, if I don't speak the truth post some films and prove me wrong.

Like I said, any time you want to put up, I'll school you in the DA.  Just say the word.:aok
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 02:52:04 PM by mars01 »

storch

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2006, 02:54:19 PM »
storch solemnly takes a dump on mars' cartoon grave in the old CT.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2006, 03:00:39 PM »
Yeah I didn't think you would have much to say. :rofl :rofl   And that says it all!

storch

« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2006, 03:18:39 PM »
the density of a pinhead boggles the mind.  how could a brain box so small and conical be so difficult to penetrate?

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2006, 03:43:52 PM »
I play this game because my life would be nothing without it.  My girlfriend would leave me if I ever have a K:D ratio under 1:1.  My boss threatens to cut my hours back if the country I am flying for loses the reset.  My dog pees on the carpet everytime I get shot down by someone who started playing AH after I did.  If I lose a perk plane, the bank said it would forcle on my house.

That is why I play AH.  If I didn't, my life would go right down the toilet.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2006, 03:44:06 PM »
<----listens for the sound of approaching Skuzzification.....

yep, there it is!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2006, 04:13:56 PM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
....How do fist fights not break out at the conventions? I know a couple of the threats I have recieved that were directed toward my family were enough to make me see red. If I ever go to one of those...I hope everyone is wearing "handle" name-tags......

Bren, there are no fist fights at the con because there's too much beer drinking to do to waste time with punching someone.  Besides they know that Skuzzy will disconnect them [Curly's voice on] poimenently [Curly voice off/]  ;)

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2006, 06:26:30 PM »
I really have no idea anymore. Could by a sleeve of Titleist ProV 1's for less than this a month.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2006, 08:04:45 AM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
Bren, there are no fist fights at the con because there's too much beer drinking to do to waste time with punching someone.  Besides they know that Skuzzy will disconnect them [Curly's voice on] poimenently [Curly voice off/]  ;)

OK, I think I may be playing a bit too much.

When I read this, my first thought was "I dont even know what AKCurly sounds like..."

Took me an hour before the three stooges came to mind.

And I guess thats part of my answer to the main question: I play to sooth the addcition. My wife consoles herself with the truth that there are much worse things to be addicted to, and at least she knows where I'm at!

The other part is a lifelong love of 40s aviation. Grew up with Baa baa Black SHeep and 12 O'clock high i(IN RERUNS....honest!) As a kid, built model planes and zoomed them around. As a high school kid in the 70s, when Ataris came home and computers hit the mainstream, my brother and I excitedly imagined being able to hook to computers together and fly against each other.

real life intervened, with college, training, starting a career, marriage, kids, starting a business, mortgage.....

And then my brother introduced me to Aces Crack 2 years ago. He'd played some AW, but I couldnt get into the time and cost back then....yet in 2004 the time was right, and I've flown (mostly badlly...) ever since.  

Hokey as it sounds, AH is like seeing a childhood dream come alive.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2006, 05:25:03 PM »
the density of a pinhead boggles the mind. how could a brain box so small and conical be so difficult to penetrate?

LOLH your wit is even worse than your fighter skills.
:rofl :rofl

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2006, 05:36:57 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Hey....I`m just killin time waitng for VOSS to finish up the real game.

nice!! i was gonna say it but.....
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: February 14, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »
S! all...

its the people.  wilbuz, fariz, batfink, saw, who7, dantoo jackal, wrag, ozrocker, trikky, phantomnzs, flk, aka, akak, (silate, who let me call him years ago just to help me with the game) mitsu, capera, 99iron, torx, 99mchinf and many others from bish, rook and nits that are just too many to mention.

the times of quarter and no quarter.  great fights and funny moments.  folks who are genuinly glad to see you flying and having fun.  i salute you all!

S!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 05:59:28 PM by DadRabit »
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2006, 08:24:04 PM »
Because the cornucopia of complaints from the wife ack has become chiefly one thing  "-> AH <-" which is much easier to manage because of it's singularity.

AH saved my marriage!