Author Topic: An Attribute & stats page of planes would be nice  (Read 511 times)

Offline SkevJ

• Zinc Member
An Attribute & stats page of planes would be nice
« on: February 11, 2006, 02:42:41 PM »
This is a good game but we have to remember that not EVERYONE that plays this game knows about planes lol. It would be helpful if there was a page that had a layout of the planes strength's and weaknesses to help the player pick out that plane for example and this is just an example I dont know these planes well so dont take this layout seriously

SpitV:

Top Speed:*
Climb:*
Turn Rate:*****
Roll:***
Vertical:**
Weaponry:*

Summary of SpitV:
Blahblahblahblah

It would help out a lot of new users and even some vets to make their decision of what plane to get. I know there's a netaces.org but if we have the layout even in the game it would make it more helpful to let the new users know which plane to pick. It would be nice if I can just right click a plane on the menu and it has an option saying SpitV's attributes and I can just go right to the interface and see the stats of the plane. Just something to think about guys.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 03:30:14 PM »
:aok
Army of Muppets

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 03:39:03 PM »
especially since FMs have changed and netaces.org isnt updated that often
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 05:47:22 PM »
Soda's always working on his site,

http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm

A lot of great info there.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 05:49:28 PM »
Soda's AC pages

http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm

Granted its still a work in progress. He is still working on getting data & writeups for planes most recently added. Even so its the best resource I've seen for planes.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 09:33:47 PM »
Air warrior had a good write up for each plane, when i first started out i was surprised that there wasnt a good write up for each plane in ah. even something as simple as a star rating would be good enough for most new players since its all relative and numbers dont necasarily mean alot to new players who dont know what is fast and slow in prop terms.

a range rating would be good too.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:39:48 PM by eilif »

Offline SkevJ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 01:11:21 AM »
I have been to Soda's webpage a lot and although a lot of information has been helpful, some people dont know if 3000ft climb per minute is good or not. When Soda says a Fw190A5 can turn good, some people think it could turn like a zero. I heard the F4U-1d can go pretty fast but how long does it take to get to that speed?

Offline slimey_J

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 10:53:51 AM »
I would love to work on this type of website... but I don't have the AHII experience to accurately rate the aircraft. Would someone be interested in supplying the ratings and details?