Author Topic: The new event site flawed  (Read 573 times)

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
The new event site flawed
« on: February 11, 2006, 03:38:38 PM »
Knowing that no one and nothing is perfect in this world, I was hard pressed to find something wrong with the new ahevents site. But I finaly found it. It's the eXtream Air Racing tab at the top. BUT other than that the sight is one of the most easily navigated and compleat sites I,ve ever seen. And the lack of moving grafics is a big help for those of us on dial up. Please don't ever change that. BIG forHIM et all.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 05:08:53 AM »
I believe the capital X is intentional.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 10:49:30 AM »
Thanks for the support of the new site.  The team is quite proud of the results, ForHim and Dtango did an outstanding job.  Jordi helped layout the registration system, which will really help the events move smoother.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 12:20:16 PM »
I debated on whether it shold be AHEAR or AHXAR.  I then looked at what some of the CMs were referring to it as and saw that the AHEAR abbreviation was most common.  If the consensus by the CMs and racing league participants is that it should be AHXAR, then it can be easily switched.

Thanks for the comments on the site.  Dtango gets most of the praise as it's his CSS and images that make the site look good.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 02:34:32 PM »
We usually just go by XAR in the emails I've seen and sent.  It's intentional, but as long as nothing is abbreviated close to it we are fine with whatever we're given to work with.

Site is great :)

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 04:01:20 PM »
Well I never said I was perfect either. That it was debated shows the attention to detail that is obvious in the site. And I did omit my first impression that it is very easy on the eyes. TY Dtango. And Golfer- I had a bad system crash and didn't get it going till mid race season. But I like the direction the CMs have taken it and will see yall race #1 next go round if not sooner.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"