Author Topic: St. Santa, about your new signature.  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
St. Santa, about your new signature.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2000, 04:19:00 AM »
lol - How very, very sad.        

Let's just do a brief tour of histoy here; firstly who instigated and pursued the war? Please tell me that you think it was Germany, or have all my history lessons been in vain? You admire LW aces. I guess you refer to the 'valiant' defence of their fatherland from the murderous fury of the evil allies. Well, just what do you think they were doing in 1939 and 1940 when Germany were totally on the offensive? Listening to it on the radio? Most of them would have been involved - whereas the allied pilots you seem effortlessly to be able to compare to confirmed Nazis, were fighting and dying for MY country, and for the rest of the free world (and that includes yours). I know who I admire. They didn't want the war, they didn't attack neighbouring countries in an effort to enslave them under the hateful banner of the swastika.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth that people can be so apologetic of the Nazis and co., yet so uncompromising in their evaluation of the allies' conduct of the war. Something doesn't quite fit there.

And please don't patronize me about the allied atrocities. They occurred; but against a background of human catastrophe instigated by the Nazis (and supported by the German nation).

I respect the LW aces - but admire? I'm sorry, I just can't. And I put it to you, who was fighting for the just cause?

But this is my opinion, wouldn't want to force it on anyone else.    

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 09-21-2000).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2000, 05:13:00 AM »
Go ahead; here's a gun for the hijacking  .

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

"Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2000, 06:09:00 AM »
Hehehehe - now we're equal Santa  .
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

funked

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2000, 07:32:00 AM »
Thank you Santa.  Nice thing about being forgiven for my sins is that it makes it easy to forgive others.  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2000, 07:52:00 AM »
If  I had a nickel for everything I've posted that others  found offensive, I'd be rich...thanks for changing it Santa.

<S>

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2000, 09:03:00 AM »
Wonderful statement Funked. Practical application of Christianity!

Thanks StSanta for changing your sig.  

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2000, 09:26:00 AM »
Thank's for changing it Santa!

Udie

Nath-BDP

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2000, 10:43:00 AM »
he didn't change anything...

posted 09-21-2000 05:13 AM               

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go ahead; here's a gun for the hijacking .
------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

"Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again"

Unless he did that on purpose.

Offline SageFIN

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2000, 01:15:00 PM »
The only reason why StSanta really should remove that picture from his signature is if he wants to keep good relations to some fellows on this board.

As for me, I do not find that picture that offensive. Whatever that picture tries to convey could have been written in words too. Maybe it would have been more acceptable if StSanta had written "I don't like christianity" or something else like that in his signature instead? I really do think he is entitled to have a personal opinion, whatever it might be, on any religion, be it mine or someone else's.

Well, at least this thread has not degenerated (yet?) to the utter mudslinging and flaming that sometimes is seen. Let's continue being civilized, people  .

------------------
---
SageFIN

"The wolves are gathering, the stars are shifting...
come, join us in the hunt!"
---

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2000, 04:40:00 PM »
Hm, I had changed it, but puter crashed when I did it. Thought the change had taken place. Thanks for pointing it out. And I dinnae edit the message, so no pic. Don't misconstrue things, please.

--
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 09-21-2000).]

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2000, 04:53:00 PM »
There's nothing wrong 'bout religon that a healthy dose of Evolutionism and scientific fact can't fix!  

<ducks and covers>

Lars

Shade324th

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »

Originally posted by MrLars:
There's nothing wrong 'bout religon that a healthy dose of Evolutionism and scientific fact can't fix!    

<ducks and covers>

Lars

Lars...man we could argue all day about how laughable the words "Scientific" and "Fact" together are, but we really don't want to start this here, do we?  

[This message has been edited by Shade324th (edited 09-21-2000).]

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2000, 06:50:00 PM »
I am an American...but that doesn't stop me from finding the picture of the 109 pilot sitting on the American chair to be funny.

And yes, I had relatives who fought in that war too, just like the rest of us.  And from the way most of them talk, THEY would find it funny.

I'm Catholic...but that sig with the "banned cross" doesn't bug me either.  If he had plastered it on the doors of my church--then it wouldn't be funny.  

Heck, if there were swasticas on the German planes--like there really should be--it wouldn't bug me.  In fact, I think it's a bit silly to leave them off....the planes don't look "authentic" without them.  Why not leave the Rising Suns off the Japanese planes because some Chinese person might be offended by it?  

Just because something would bother you in real life, doesn't mean it should bother you in the non-existant "virtual" would of the Internet.  ESPECIALLY if it is just an object--not what a person is feeling.

J_A_B

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2000, 07:03:00 PM »
J_A_B,
The Japanese planes have Hinomaru's because that is the symbol that was used on Japanese aircraft and still is.

The German aircraft have Iron Crosses because that is the symbol that was used on German aircraft and still is.

The Swastika was a political symbol that was introduced by the Nazi party and removed once the Nazi party had been removed.

The Hinomaru was used before the Imperial Army took power and continued to be used after the Imperial Army was removed.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2000, 07:06:00 PM »
J_A_B: