Author Topic: Great Fights  (Read 667 times)

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
Great Fights
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:34:11 AM »
Just like to give a little credit where it's due.  I was messing around tonight as Bish and wound up fighting Rooks between 25 and their base.  I had been getting a little frustrated with myself and was starting to be not so nice on 200 about getting kilt alot (not normal for me).  Eventually I start fighting a bunch of P38 (mostly) pilots, sometimes just me vs them (not good) and sometimes with some (or lots) of Bish there to help out.  Turned into great fights and all the guys were as nice as they usually are when I'm a Rook.  I got some good tips from them and improved my flying....which flat rocked.

Great fights kappa, corkyjr, lazer, soulyss, raptor01, lufty, vne, majwoody (and anyone else I forgot).   for having none of the goofiness on channel 200.  Lots of fun, even though I pretty much got whupped every flight lol. :aok

Zappy

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Great Fights
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 12:48:47 AM »
Definately good fun, even if you did keep knocking me down.

I did at least knock part of your wing of once :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Great Fights
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 12:50:48 AM »
wasnt exactly my best night, but still good fights. Make it easier on yourself, and just say 475th:t

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Great Fights
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 12:53:57 AM »
Fun fights Zap even though you spanked me good. I totaly sucked tonight but you flew great.:aok
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Great Fights
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 01:02:13 AM »
MajWoody I always thought a Crotch Rocket was a Motor Bike. Looking at your avatar i realize i was wrong. :D

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
Great Fights
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 01:04:14 AM »
Well you know, theres different kinds. :D
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Great Fights
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 02:28:17 AM »
I actually flew fairly decent tonight over 23 and 66. Died once (well, COULD have avoided it, was pilot wounded and dead-stick, came in too hard trying to land it. Better approach I could've probably touched down) and I think 4 air kills in three sorties (plus one as a GV). But then there weren't like, five billion Spitfires in the area to tie me in knots.

Oddly enough, in spite of some massive hostile Dar in those sectors, there seemed to be a surprising lack of targets.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Great Fights
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 09:59:56 AM »
Great fun to be had... I had chnl 200 turned off for the first hour or so... figured you probably had uttered some choice words in my direction at the start of the evening... but I figure you more than evened the score by the end. :) I shoulda quit while I was ahead. :D

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
Great Fights
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 11:48:30 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
wasnt exactly my best night, but still good fights. Make it easier on yourself, and just say 475th:t

Ya know...I was gonna do that but I wasn't sure that all involved were 475th.  Oh...and give Xbat back ya bunch of thieves!!!!  :)

Zappers

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
Great Fights
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 11:50:43 AM »
Originally posted by Soulyss
Great fun to be had... I had chnl 200 turned off for the first hour or so... figured you probably had uttered some choice words in my direction at the start of the evening... but I figure you more than evened the score by the end. :) I shoulda quit while I was ahead. :D

I did get a little stupid on ch. 200 at the very first (at least for me) and shouldn't have.  Kudo's to you all for not fanning the fire and letting your flying to the talking instead!  :D

Oh....and I think I'm still in debt lol.

Zappers
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:52:45 AM by Zaphod »

Offline Blixen

• Silver Member
      • http://475thfg.bravehost.com/
Great Fights
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 12:05:57 PM »
BIG S! to ya zappy ur always fun to fight and wing with
a true class act imo

Offline Goth

• Nickel Member
Great Fights
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »
Hmph...and not a single mention about his squaddies who attempted shoot him down.

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Great Fights
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 03:09:26 PM »
eheh... it sure is fun to bug them rook 38's, aint it? :cool: Such a big plane... so many things to blow up with taters...... irrrrrrrrrrresistable :aok :noid
Army of Muppets

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Great Fights
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 04:14:55 PM »
pssssst  wetrat....pssstt

come here, closer......closer....

you tater tosser.:p
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Zaphod

• Copper Member
Great Fights
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 04:41:20 PM »
Originally posted by Goth
Hmph...and not a single mention about his squaddies who attempted shoot him down.

I think you mean "shot him down" rather than "attempted" buddy :)

Besides...I can tell you all what I thought when I see ya.  By the way...fighting squaddies can be very very fun.   Well...except for the sneaky ones.....(goth) :D

Zaphod (striving to be #1 on goth's "dont get mad just write their names down list")