Author Topic: EZmode bombsight  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 10:11:09 AM »
Yup but if you do that, they should also stay down longer also.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Yup but if you do that, they should also stay down longer also.

yeah, possibly, but we dont want to totally cut off fuel for ages. i mean, they'd always have a few fuel bowsers around, other than on the field

it's something that should be addressed some time, but i think we should let HT crack on with ToD first. for now, the bombsight is easy to change, and it doesnt need any changing of the code

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 10:17:08 AM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
Porking fuel below 75%. :rofl  Your asking to bring on the wrath of furballers. Before HT made it that 75% was the minimum there was atleast 2 threads a day complaining about porkers/toolshedders.

I have no problem with porking fuel below 75%, as long as the burn
modifier is also changed :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 10:42:28 AM »
I agree with many of the points made regarding the old sight. However, I also agree with Bat, that the guys who do the "lamest" things will simply find another way, and short of HT redoing the cal routines, and adding restrictions (something he obviously has no interest in), nothing will change.

Yeah, it sucks, but setting bombers on fire, or turning them into little virtual meat smoothies with heavy cannons provides me with great personal satisfaction bordering on maniacal glee.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 10:55:23 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I agree with many of the points made regarding the old sight. However, I also agree with Bat, that the guys who do the "lamest" things will simply find another way, and short of HT redoing the cal routines, and adding restrictions (something he obviously has no interest in), nothing will change.

Yeah, it sucks, but setting bombers on fire, or turning them into little virtual meat smoothies with heavy cannons provides me with great personal satisfaction bordering on maniacal glee.

well, we'll still get divebomber dweebs. and the solution to that would be simaril's bomb bay thread, but that will of course require a small amount of programming

some of the dweebs will find a way around it, but that doesn't mean that it wont stop some of the dweebs using laser guided smartbombs with perfect calibration

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 11:37:49 AM »
I think we will be seeing alot more realism to gamey toggles optional, once HTC gets the time i wouldnt be surprised to see him make real bombsites to use, and just have them as a toggle option, the gamey version being the default. Same with auto retract flaps and such, its pretty common in sims to have these kind of realism choices, it does take extra development time tho, but it would quiet down alot of us "antigamers", or "imersia holics".

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 12:41:16 PM »
Dive bombing heavies is the only thing I think really needs adressing. If a guy wants to level bomb let him have some fun.

When a lanc comes in and goes 30 degrees nose down at 15k and reaches 400mph to pork all the hangers or cv, I think that blows.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Re: EZmode bombsight
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 12:46:49 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
over the past 8 or 9 months i have noticed the general skill level fall terribly in the MA. and a lot of this terrible skill is linked to the fact it is no longer needed. i really wish that the auto bombsight calibration would be turned off in all arenas. it takes 2 minutes, and in my mind, it could bring back more coordinated attacks, better bombing runs, more teamwork, and more exciting gameplay. right now it is very gamey, and although yes, this is a game, just holding y for a few seconds is a little stupid.

i really think this could help the community and the arena, just by disabling the auto calibration. so please HT, is it possible??

what does everyone else think?

Pooh. You are judging skill level by the acts of gameyness?
Those are two totally different things altogether. Don't kid yourself into thinking that the only ones doing tree top high suicidal hvy bomber runs and dive bombing in hvy bombers are skilless or noobs. I assure you there are plenty that are not. And i do mean plenty! When a hvy bomber dives a CV that i am manning a 5" gun on...Or when im in a Tiger racking up the kills in tank town and 30 mins later a formation of AR234 dive bomb and kills me. Guess what? Eight times out of ten its a player whom i know to have been playing AH as long or near as long as i have. That's 5.5 yrs now.
Its total gameyness at work plain and simple. No matter what HT does in that respect, it will continue.
Could you explain the "More coordinated attacks" you are referring to please?

You are right Bat. The silly dive bombing as well as the suicidal 1K bomb runs will always be used. Simply because it is the gamey side of players that will incorporate these methods.
    As far as the Old bombsite issue goes, it's not a matter of how simple the calibration is or isn't. Either way is actually straight forward and very simple to get a calibrated bombsite. Its a matter of how consistent a single player was able to be, drop after drop after drop. The "Hard" calibration mode could cause some very dramatic differing results from the same player. I personally had no trouble with the logistics of calibrating the bombsite.  However i did have large varying results in accuracy do to the other factors that were effecting accurate bomb drops. Clicking on the map for Alt was simi accurate. Connection glitches/hicups are also issues that effected a smooth speed calibration, Along with video lag and VOX that also tossed a screen stutter in during calibration. I was able to see those "connection" effects first hand. I was on dial up when the Norden site was first introduced and switched to cable internet soon after. The cable help a lot! But the occasional connection hicup due to one of the aforementioned elements would still cause a problem once in a while. Now with todays packed MA i get crazy server related hicup's all the time. It think the "Hard" calibration mode would ground the largest percentile of bomber pilots that started flying them again after the "Ez" mode was enabled. With so many factors causing such varying results i think HT did the right thing. The current setup still requires your speed and alt to be stabilized before you drop your bombs. This means level and steady speed before a drop can be made accurately.
Poohface. Do an exhaustive search in the BBS and you will see what lead HT to make the change to what we currently have today. It is the best possible compromise at the stage of the game.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 12:49:44 PM »
Originally posted by Shamus
Dive bombing heavies is the only thing I think really needs adressing. If a guy wants to level bomb let him have some fun.

When a lanc comes in and goes 30 degrees nose down at 15k and reaches 400mph to pork all the hangers or cv, I think that blows.

shamus

i dont really understand why some tards do that. i mean, i fly bombers maybe once every 2 months or something very rare like that. and i can get dead on hits from 20k+, so i dont understand why people cant get it to work from 3k and feel they have to divebomb with lancs lol. i mean, all it takes is holding y for 10 seconds, while flying a steady course, and the bombs fall with pinpoint accuracy. i guess some people are just a little dumb :noid

the bombsight should be proper. the computer SHOULD not calibrate for you. if toolshed dweebs get a self calibrating bombsight, then im going to start a petition for radar tracking guns on my fighters. i mean, what is the difference between the two? smart bombs and computer calculated drop times are not features of a ww2 bombsight!

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 12:57:41 PM »
i dont really understand why some tards do that. i mean, i fly bombers maybe once every 2 months or something very rare like that. and i can get dead on hits from 20k+, so i dont understand why people cant get it to work from 3k and feel they have to divebomb with lancs lol. i mean, all it takes is holding y for 10 seconds, while flying a steady course, and the bombs fall with pinpoint accuracy. i guess some people are just a little dumb :noid

People dive bomb and do low level attacks because its easy and they are to lazy to climb to 15k+ each time to get the same results they can get at 3k in a 1/3 of the time.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
yeah, but there is a difference between a low level raid, and divebombing. i mean, its more accurate, and less dangerous to use the bombsight. so why people dont use it i dont understand

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 01:09:54 PM »
I divebomb in b26s from 2k and i love it...thank you hitech for making it possible..if you go too high then the damn nose comes up and screws up my divebombing so can you please fix that asap...

i have made a divebombing  gun sight to aid in divebombing from 2k,,,please feel free to share it with your friendz at no charge except to just say to yourself "it's a new day every day and i can make a difference in the world if i try"

enuf here it is, enjoy:
                            |    <-----===----->    |      
                                         -  * -
                                        -        -
                                       -          -
                            |________________|

Just click your mouse on it and it will enter into your secret divebombing bombers folder.blt   Use alt-f4 to bring it up right before you begin your decent into the target.   Put your trgt right where the "*" thingy is.   NOTE: you will not see a message when you click..it is automatic.
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 01:13:33 PM »
^ Worst troll ever....

Pooface, people do it because they are lazy. They can take off one base away from target and get there in minutes. Where the high alt approach the pilot has to take off a few bases back and it takes alot longer.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 01:17:43 PM »
if toolshed dweebs get a self calibrating bombsight, then im going to start a petition for radar tracking guns on my fighters. i mean, what is the difference between the two?  

aahhaaa. Now i see your posistion on the issue.  Isnt this really more about not being able to stop them before they blow up you Hangers, CVs and such?
And a lot less about what you think is proper and realistic bombing procedure?
PS...dont bother answering those questions if you dont want. I personally will not be replying to this thread anymore. There is another thread that is more than ample to address your "Concerns" that has been active for 3 days now. As BlueJ said.. Its really a matter of Time involved and not much more. Regards.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 01:29:04 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
I divebomb in b26s from 2k and i love it...thank you hitech for making it possible..if you go too high then the damn nose comes up and screws up my divebombing so can you please fix that asap...

i have made a divebombing  gun sight to aid in divebombing from 2k,,,please feel free to share it with your friendz at no charge except to just say to yourself "it's a new day every day and i can make a difference in the world if i try"

enuf here it is, enjoy:
                            |    <-----===----->    |      
                                         -  * -
                                        -        -
                                       -          -
                            |________________|

Just click your mouse on it and it will enter into your secret divebombing bombers folder.blt   Use alt-f4 to bring it up right before you begin your decent into the target.   Put your trgt right where the "*" thingy is.   NOTE: you will not see a message when you click..it is automatic.

lol, good one falcon:rofl
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++