Author Topic: EZmode bombsight  (Read 2809 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2006, 03:15:33 PM »
Originally posted by navajoboy
so i take it your in the nursing home?
I am surprise to see Morph speak about bombers.  Thinking of Morph in bombers is like seeing an old lady naked. The after thoughts are scary.  So i would see what chopsaw is talking about.  But I also wouldn't be surprise to see 1st LT Laz and Capt Superdud rolling M3s to a string of Vehicle bases....  that thought too is scary..

First of all, I have to agree, that is a scary thought.

But, just because one does not fly buffs, it does not mean that he should not have an opinion about them.  Its not like we never tried them before (you know, the fat chick no one is supposed to know about)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2006, 03:33:15 PM »
I agree with chopsaw.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2006, 05:51:04 PM »
Originally posted by Messiah
I agree with chopsaw.

Well that is just plain scary.  :O

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »
originally posted by ChopSaw
"Personally I feel the reduction in splash damage of the bombs is a response to the addition of B-24’s. They carry two more of the 1K bombs. In AH1 I could drop a single salvo of 1K bombs on a hanger and drop it. With 8 salvo’s available I’d be able to drop all the hangers on a large field including the VH. Or a more likely scenario, be able to drop hangers twice on a small or medium field. Now I have to take up hanger bangers (2K bombs) to reliably nail the hangers. No way to do it with the 1K unless I drop two salvos. The end result of this has been to make the B-24 less effective in AH2 than the B-17 was in AH1.

Makes you wonder what they’ll do if we ever get the B-29? A bomber with a payload of 20K. Reduce the effectiveness of the bombs again?"

Originally posted by Flayed1
I see your point chopsaw but I dumped a salvo of 4 1000 pounders from each plane on 2 hangers with the usuall perfect calibration and no damage or at least no visible effect:huh    I mean come on that much ord and nothing? maybe it was just a glitch in the game but it was well annoying.

That's why I carry hanger bangers (2,000 lb. bombs) when I want to kill hangers.  Four salvos, four hangers.  It can be done with 1,000 lb bombs or even 500 lb. bombs, but it's far from reliable.  In AH1 I used the B-17 with 1,000 lb bombs.  Six salvos, six hangers.  The hanger bangers are reliable, but what an over kill.  Six thousand pounds to kill a hanger rated at 3,000?  It's not right.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 06:02:00 PM by ChopSaw »

Offline Stomp357

• Zinc Member
Re: EZmode bombsight
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2006, 04:33:45 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
over the past 8 or 9 months i have noticed the general skill level fall terribly in the MA. and a lot of this terrible skill is linked to the fact it is no longer needed. i really wish that the auto bombsight calibration would be turned off in all arenas. it takes 2 minutes, and in my mind, it could bring back more coordinated attacks, better bombing runs, more teamwork, and more exciting gameplay. right now it is very gamey, and although yes, this is a game, just holding y for a few seconds is a little stupid.

i really think this could help the community and the arena, just by disabling the auto calibration. so please HT, is it possible??

what does everyone else think?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "EZBomb mode". I played the 2 week trial before AH2, and another trial when HT offered it again as a promotion. Think it was when AH2 was released.
  I don't remember bombing being any different. I thought you had to calibrate the site by holding it on a point for 2 sec. at least , but longer was more accurate. I miss targets now unless I hold it for 5 sec., and keep alt, & speed steady.
   I'm handicapped, and can't handle fighters enough to get more than 3 perks per day. If that. I've been flying this game for a while now. My skills will get no better as I don't have the dexterity to use my CH Flight Pro, and CH Throttle as it is. Pretty soon, I'll be unable to move the stick against the spring resistance without it flopping out my hand. Not to mention that rudder pedals (a neccessaty), are useless to me as my lower leggs have no muscle use any more. Can't move my ankles to work pedals. I enjoy bombing as it is now. I can at least do something useful for the team. If it's supposed to be harder, I won't be able to do it, and will have to quit as I don't like paying $15.00 a month to sit in a chat room.

Skin-E

Offline Viper9th

• Zinc Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2006, 05:39:26 PM »
Sry for late post, love it Pooface, I miss the old days where people actually took time to aim the bombs. Like its more realistic and it adds challenge, plus there won't be as many newb bombers out there, YAY!!!!!! That will make me so happy

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »
I didnt catch this thread whne it first started. I remember the uber easy bombsight in AH1. I was in a lanc up at 25K dropping a single 500lb bomb onto enemy bases to pork troops
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2006, 06:24:38 PM »
You'll be OK skin-e.  You remeber when you had to click on your target for the aim altitude then hold the point steady for awhile.  Now all you need to do is hold the button down for about 10 sec.

:D

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
norden bomb site
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2006, 07:16:55 PM »
This was found on a site about the norden
is this what you relally want in the bomb site.
"The basic principle of any bombing mission was to deliver the bombs accurately on the target. To navigate through clouds or to evade and counter the enemy’s defenses was an achievement in itself, yet everything depended upon the bombardier’s ability to hit his target. The bombardier’s main tool was the Norden bombsight, a top secret piece of equipment the Allies guarded throughout the war. On a mission, the bombardier’s real job began at the IP. This was the point at which the bombing run on the target began; from this point on, the bombardier would fly the airplane through the bombsight linked to the autopilot. The plane would have to be flown straight and level to the release point through flak and fighter attacks. Few, if any, bombers equalled the B-17 in visibility afforded to the bombardier. Sitting behind the bombsight in the plexiglas nose gave him an unrestricted view for his mission.

The Norden simplified the bombardier’s job considerably by taking into account factors of altitude, airspeed, ground speed and drift to automatically calculate the bomb release point.

The optical sighting mechanism of the bombsight was a small telescope. The bombardier would first locate the target by looking over the instrument and through the plexiglas nose. Once the target was located he would try to line it up in the telescope, often requiring several head up glances to find the target again. There were two cross hairs on the telescope, one to show drift left or right of the target, the other to show rate of closure. When the two indicators met the bomb would automatically release."

This was found at "arizonawingcaf.com"

Regards................DHawk:confused:
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline Stomp357

• Zinc Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2006, 03:33:01 AM »
Originally posted by zorstorer
You'll be OK skin-e.  You remeber when you had to click on your target for the aim altitude then hold the point steady for awhile.  Now all you need to do is hold the button down for about 10 sec.

:D

That's how I do it now... Like the old days. I have gotten pretty good doing it the old way. Never knew they made it easier.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2006, 06:16:29 AM »
Originally posted by Pooface
i dont see why my spitfire cant have a sidewinder if your bombers have smart bombs do you?

You drive a Spit but want bombsight calibration to be more difficult.
Just sayin.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2006, 06:47:53 AM »
Even driving TIE-fighter require far more skill than holding 1 button pressed for 10 sec.

I miss old calibration routine.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2006, 07:13:51 AM »
Originally posted by Oleg
Even driving TIE-fighter require far more skill than holding 1 button pressed for 10 sec.

I miss old calibration routine.

Perhaps my approach to the game is bizzare. I view the planes, (and ships, GVs, etc.) no differently than a deck of cards. We are all playing from the same deck. What you make of your hand is up to you. If you truly feel that bombing is too easy, dedicate yourself to taking them out. Might make for a new and interesting challenge. Sir.

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2006, 08:21:12 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Poo --

I think its important to realize that while some buffers are exoerienced players who like to bomb, many are not yet competitive in fighters. Being able to buff easily makes them more likely to stay in the game.

I disagree.  I'm experienced NOW, but when I started, I was a newbie (go figure) and when I was a newbie, it was the old calibration method... It was explained to me once and I understood and became quite good at it.

It adds about 5 seconds to the learning curve, nothing more.  I think it should be brought back.
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
EZmode bombsight
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2006, 08:45:47 AM »
prior to the calibrated bombsite, we had one that required less calibration than the current model.  

i'm for anything that will induce bombers to fly 15K+

hap