Author Topic: Bish?  (Read 4950 times)

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: yea ok
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2006, 06:01:50 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
See it worked! You are definately emotionally involved in this now! :rofl I do everything for a carefully thought out purposes. The end purpose of this is improved gameplay for everyone, you'll just have to trust me. ;) What is happening now in Bishland is what happened in Rookland under similiar circumstances 3 years ago, the wheat is being seperated from the chaff, what I do fascilitates this. What will be left is all of the best of Bish, a core, a nucleus to rebuild a stronger, better, more unified country around, one invigorated with a currently lacking sense of self-respect and pride. It's a Baptism of fire than will serve to galvanize the will and resolve of a hitherto weak and pliable, quivering mass of jell-o that is currently Bishland.

You're kidding, right?  You really believe that what you write here or what you may say in game has the amount of impact you're claiming?

Level of impact aside, what you seem to be doing is ticking people off.  That doesn't make them play "with heart".  That makes them play angry.  Angry people are much more prone to moaning and whining.  Their frustration level is high and their skill set lowered by the anger.  Additionally, angry people don’t learn very well.  They have a tendency to fly around bumping into things.  Angry people beget other angry people by saying and behaving in antisocial ways.

This is not a positive motivator.  It's not a motivator at all.  You're just ticking people off for the fun of it and trying to pass it off as an intelligent approach designed to improve the game.  You decrease the game in both short and long term view.

This is not psychology, it's just mean.  For your sake as well as ours, take another approach.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Bish?
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2006, 06:05:03 PM »
Thats pretty soopid BAt.  The only time Bish or knights aren't in Fighter Town is when Rooks are Vulching thier fields.  LOL

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Re: Re: Re: yea ok
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »
Originally posted by ChopSaw

Level of impact aside, what you seem to be doing is ticking people off.  That doesn't make them play "with heart".  That makes them play angry. ...

Feel your hate ... good ... good ...

(Darth Gheyder)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: yea ok
« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2006, 06:29:48 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo

(Darth Gheyder)

Thats just nasty:(

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: yea ok
« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2006, 07:33:05 PM »
You're kidding, right?  You really believe that what you write here or what you may say in game has the amount of impact you're claiming?

Level of impact aside, what you seem to be doing is ticking people off.  That doesn't make them play "with heart".  That makes them play angry.  Angry people are much more prone to moaning and whining.  Their frustration level is high and their skill set lowered by the anger.  Additionally, angry people don’t learn very well.  They have a tendency to fly around bumping into things.  Angry people beget other angry people by saying and behaving in antisocial ways.

This is not a positive motivator.  It's not a motivator at all.  You're just ticking people off for the fun of it and trying to pass it off as an intelligent approach designed to improve the game.  You decrease the game in both short and long term view.

This is not psychology, it's just mean.  For your sake as well as ours, take another approach.

Untrue. Angry people try like hell to prove themselves unworthy of the ridicule. To do otherwise is to admit they are guilty as charged. I have no problem with the animosity being focussed on me as opposed to my entire team. The simple truth is, Bish need something to shake things up, they are wallowing badly in a deep, stinking rut of ineptitude. If anger towards me serves as a catalyst to encourage them to play with some heart and not give-up and quit so easily, so be it...

Zazen
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 07:37:19 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2006, 07:34:49 PM »

(Darth Gheyder)

That photographer for "S & M Monthly" promised me that my photo would not be published! That lying Bastard!

:mad:

Zazen

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »
Untrue. Angry people try like hell to prove themselves unworthy of the ridicule. To do otherwise is to admit they are guilty as charged. I have no problem with the animosity being focussed on me as opposed to my entire team. The simple truth is, Bish need something to shake things up, they are wallowing badly in a deep, stinking rut of ineptitude. If anger towards me serves as a catalyst to encourage them to play with some heart and not give-up and quit so easily, so be it...

You have no clue as to what you're talking about.  Anger is a negative emothion and burns up emotional energy.  It wears people out and ultimately defeats them.

I'm not angry with you, I'm disappointed.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yea ok
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2006, 09:50:17 PM »
You have no clue as to what you're talking about.  Anger is a negative emothion and burns up emotional energy.  It wears people out and ultimately defeats them.

I'm not angry with you, I'm disappointed.

Actually I know exactly what I'm talking about. "Let the hate flow thru you! Only then will you know the true power of the dark side!"

It's working great as we speak, Bish are doing alot better tonight, they aren't quitting and they are fighting back like I haven't seen them do in literally months. All the while I'm poking 'em with a sharp stick to keep them 'motivated', it's alot of fun. Anger and hatred just like love is a very powerful motivational tool, just ask my ex-wife. ;)

Zazen
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 09:58:40 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Bish?
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2006, 11:39:40 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
I have a button on my computer case that says ... "reset".

:eek:

Do i dare say the c-word??? nah...... :lol
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2006, 12:35:59 AM »

(Darth Gheyder)
ewwwww   LOL

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2006, 12:47:38 AM »

Zazen

Bish are doing better tonight because we weren't severely outnumbered like we were several times before resets over the last 2 weeks. In fact numbers were fairly even for the best part of the night. 8:00PM to about 12:00am. Even though the Knights were back adoring the stuff out of us we still managed to hold our own for a good long while. I noticed the Rooks and Nits weren't fighting very much at all. There was a little action A10 A9 area, but not much. Once again proving with even numbers and taking the bulk of the Hit from the Dynamic Duo (Rook/ NIT) the Bishop really are the Superior country as far as the war is concerned. Anyone that is paying attention and being honest can see this played out time after time. But go ahead and fly in your hoard, with that much suckage you need it. If you put as much energy in evaluating the facts as you do creating off the wall philosophies you would realize this. But its ok..go ahead and credit yourself. I would rather you live in your dark corner than to come out amongst the living. ;)

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yea ok
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2006, 01:11:55 AM »
Actually I know exactly what I'm talking about. "Let the hate flow thru you! Only then will you know the true power of the dark side!"

It's working great as we speak, Bish are doing alot better tonight, they aren't quitting and they are fighting back like I haven't seen them do in literally months. All the while I'm poking 'em with a sharp stick to keep them 'motivated', it's alot of fun. Anger and hatred just like love is a very powerful motivational tool, just ask my ex-wife.

The size of your ego is only surpassed by the enormity of your delusion.  I do not believe I have anything more I care to say to you.  Just not worth it.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2006, 01:13:37 AM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
Bish are doing better tonight because we weren't severely outnumbered like we were several times before resets over the last 2 weeks. In fact numbers were fairly even for the best part of the night. 8:00PM to about 12:00am. Even though the Knights were back adoring the stuff out of us we still managed to hold our own for a good long while. I noticed the Rooks and Nits weren't fighting very much at all. There was a little action A10 A9 area, but not much. Once again proving with even numbers and taking the bulk of the Hit from the Dynamic Duo (Rook/ NIT) the Bishop really are the Superior country as far as the war is concerned. Anyone that is paying attention and being honest can see this played out time after time. But go ahead and fly in your hoard, with that much suckage you need it. If you put as much energy in evaluating the facts as you do creating off the wall philosophies you would realize this. But its ok..go ahead and credit yourself. I would rather you live in your dark corner than to come out amongst the living. ;)

Hey, take it easy on us Knights.  What'd we ever do to you?  Oh yeah...now I remember.  :D

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yea ok
« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2006, 01:34:52 AM »
I do not believe I have anything more I care to say to you.  

:lol

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2006, 01:40:52 AM »
Originally posted by Mugzeee
I noticed the Rooks and Nits weren't fighting very much at all. There was a little action A10 A9 area, but not much.

Actually that's not true, there was a major mini-war all night at the a9 area, I know I was there. There were at least 50-100 Knights/Rooks fighting there all night. But, that being said, yes Bish did alot better, and it wasn't because of numbers. Bish numbers tend to only tail off numerically after getting repeatedly beaten down in fights. Bish weren't quitting on losing fights like they usually do, they persevered and at least stalemated on several occasions where they would have normally given-up and got raped.

Zazen
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:43:24 AM by Zazen13 »