Author Topic: scissors  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
scissors
« on: February 27, 2006, 03:23:04 PM »
many people recently have asked about my scissors, and how i manage to keep my e so well with them...

well, to be honest, it's a secret, but it's a secret i dont mind teaching to anyone interested :)

so, this is an open invitation for anyone interested. i will be on specifically for this purpose on saturday night, 7pm GMT, 2pm EST, in the TA

i thought a few people might appreciate this, and i have had a lot of questions about them recently, so best way to answer them for you guys is to show you;)

Offline asilvia

• Copper Member
scissors
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »
I plan on joining you in there my friend...if not sometime when you on can we go into TA for just a couple of minutes and give a quick lesson? Would really apprieciate it!!

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
scissors
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 01:57:48 AM »
U da man poo!@!#@:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
scissors
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 02:11:19 AM »
Originally posted by asilvia
I plan on joining you in there my friend...if not sometime when you on can we go into TA for just a couple of minutes and give a quick lesson? Would really apprieciate it!!

sure, thats great

and yes super dweeb, i r teh leet!!!11111!11!11!

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
scissors
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 11:14:44 AM »
quick bump. i know a few guys are coming along for sure, but just putting the word out again for anyone who may be interested 2pm est, 7pm gmt

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
scissors
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 10:27:54 AM »
Poo, work prevents my participation. Any chance you can make a few films and post them down the road?

Thanks!

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
scissors
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 11:06:46 AM »
Brilliant idea Max. Narated "how to" films. Poof, sorry Poo, you like making movies, here is a golden oportunity to make some films and teach us something at the same time.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
scissors
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 11:11:06 AM »
i made a windows media player film a while ago, but it works better to see it as an .ahf file target. perhaps i will get a duelling partner in the TA and record it for you:aok

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
scissors
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 11:28:57 AM »
Can you add naration to an .ahf? I've watched alot of films and sometimes it isn't abundantly clear what was happening to achieve the result.  A naration saying what was done i.e. " I cut throttle about 20% and rolled left applying 10% left rudder" you get the idea. Having someone tell you what they did rather than just show sinks in deeper (at least into my pea brain). A series of these types of films would be a great tool for newbies.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
scissors
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »
Originally posted by Target2
Can you add naration to an .ahf? I've watched alot of films and sometimes it isn't abundantly clear what was happening to achieve the result.  A naration saying what was done i.e. " I cut throttle about 20% and rolled left applying 10% left rudder" you get the idea. Having someone tell you what they did rather than just show sinks in deeper (at least into my pea brain). A series of these types of films would be a great tool for newbies.

if you go to the support thing on the menu, there should be some films somewhere that fuzeman made, with narration, but they're just for basic flight maneuvers.

i will see what i can do. i cant do it right now but maybe sometime this week

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
scissors
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 11:55:24 AM »
Originally posted by Target2

Target2 do a name search pointed at the help & training forum for Nomak and Dead Man Fkying. Levi and Nomak posted some great 1v1 a few months back. Morpheus may have posted films as well. Levi (DMF) could stallfight a butterfly and his gunnery is incredible. You may have to search back 90 days or so to find the post/films.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
scissors
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2006, 07:32:49 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
quick bump. i know a few guys are coming along for sure, but just putting the word out again for anyone who may be interested 2pm est, 7pm gmt

I am game, Pooface.got anytime tonight or tomorrow you might want to meet, and let me see what you got as far as scissors go, am interested in how you go about  teaching the scissors......

thanks in advance......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
scissors
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2006, 07:40:35 PM »
sure thing TC. im quite busy tomorrow, but i have arranged to spend a little time with someone in there sunday 11pm EST if you can make that. im sure he'd love to have ou teach him also. if you cant do that then maybe later on sunday, maybe 4pm est?

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
scissors
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2006, 07:47:11 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface
sure thing TC. im quite busy tomorrow, but i have arranged to spend a little time with someone in there sunday 11pm EST if you can make that. im sure he'd love to have ou teach him also. if you cant do that then maybe later on sunday, maybe 4pm est?

I thought you was going to be the TEACHER,  :D

I was wanting to check ya technique out on hw you go about it, I can make 11am EST, ( if I can get out of bed LOL )

see you then
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
scissors
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 07:56:03 PM »
TC's gonna get outta bed before 11 A.M.?

I gotta see this!:eek:

RTR
The Damned