Author Topic: How Deep is AH Hell?  (Read 888 times)

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
How Deep is AH Hell?
« on: March 01, 2006, 01:30:12 PM »
Last night I was gunning in a 110 on the deck when my pilot disco'd, and it took the host over a minute to figure out what to do with me.  During that time, I did a long, tumbling lipskid across the ground, through the trees and buildings, rolling over and over and making curves all seemingly at random.  Looking at my speed in the film viewer, I saw it fluctuate wildly, but I got well over 1000mph a couple times.

The interesting thing was, all this time the viewer also shows my alt going down, down, down, at an incredible rate of descent.  It showed my alt as a negative number, and this got to just over -101K before the host snatched me back to the tower and said I'd "landed" successfully :D.

So the question is, how deep is AH Hell?  How much further down below -101K is it?  Or was I in it the whole time?

Here's the film, in my squad's BBS.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:33:13 PM »
You would like AH Hell....1000 ewes for every downed pilot. Used to go there in circumstances like you describe. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 01:35:23 PM »
LOL, I would do this to squadies on purpose. Its fun as heck!

"I NEED A GUNNER!" Then pull the plug. :lol

Yes, im a sick boy.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 01:45:01 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
Then pull the plug. :lol

Soooo, it is true.  You are a cable warrier
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 02:14:55 PM »
I did something similar in a Tiger once. :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 02:23:43 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Soooo, it is true.  You are a cable warrier

LOL you know me.

Basicly I'd alt-F4. Pulling the pug for me involves putting my beer down, getting up, going to the other side of my room to the router and finding the cat5 cable going to my PC. Which can take some time depending on how many beers I've had.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 02:55:01 PM »
Huh ... I saw something weird last night near some field or other ... there was a low con that dropped below radar. Then it dipped below sea level. You could see the tops of the neon, barely. It raced along through trees, a few hills, and came out the other side. Then vanished. I think I saw enough of the neon that it said "G-S" or something like that. Maybe it was you. It wasn't a typical warp to the tower, though. I followed this bogey for 15 or 20 seconds as it defied the laws of time and space.

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 01:54:46 AM »
As hell is a questionable religious concept and Ah is a virtual emulation of life, hell could be as deep as you wish.

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 03:26:20 AM »
In AH I'm a peaceful farmer - with nasty war going on all around me - it IS hell!

My cows hide in the trees, my chickens cower in the (burnt out) farm house and as for my sheep! Well, they are just as frightened of downed Nit pilots as they are of the bombs.

LOL
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 06:29:51 AM »
Ha! I hopped in a lanc as gunner when someone desperately pleaded... he discoed and I ended up spinning off into outer space. :D

The AH earth become smaller and smaller and soon I was zooming past 100K. It actually starts to look like a white ball below you at that alt. I couldn't bail and after I probably passed 120K, I looked up...

and AKAK was above me in his 38 trying to get a shot!:O

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 07:05:47 AM »
Originally posted by Rolex
Ha! I hopped in a lanc as gunner when someone desperately pleaded... he discoed and I ended up spinning off into outer space. :D

The AH earth become smaller and smaller and soon I was zooming past 100K. It actually starts to look like a white ball below you at that alt. I couldn't bail and after I probably passed 120K, I looked up...

and AKAK was above me in his 38 trying to get a shot!:O

LMAO!@#!# PWN3D@!#$$@$#@!#!@:lol :lol :rofl :rofl :rofl :lol :lol :aok
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 12:36:14 PM »
LOL Rolex

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 02:04:14 PM »
Yes it is working! Finally after all this time I have suceeded with my AH Philadelphia experiment. We will rule the MA with our Philadelphia planes, tanks, troops, task forces. It will be glorious:t  I shall name my squadron Cream cheese and my new arena name shall be Loxnbagel. We will rule the world. Operation Philadelphia / Cream cheese is now in effect:noid

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »
While a hilarious write-up it's inaccurate. Above a certain altitude you cannot see the earth (haze kicks in). Above 95k your plane disappears for some reason (but it still there, descending to below 95k makes it reappear).

You can test this yourself offline with wind updraft and a lot of free time.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
How Deep is AH Hell?
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 03:47:54 PM »
There was a bug in AH1 where if you take a goon and get it up past about 36K, rocket boosters appear and you zoom up to the edge of outer space before you run out of fuel. I made it up to about 200-250K before I ran out of fuel. And this was in the MA online
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women