Author Topic: Buff Perky Points - spending on...?  (Read 1105 times)

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Buff Perky Points - spending on...?
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:27:39 PM »
NOT the Ar-234....not for me at any length.
How many buff drivers out there are hording their buff points hoping to get something worth spending them on?  :(

For me, I guess I'm waiting for B-29's.  Yes, it should be perked (but hopefully not so hugely perked you can't afford to fly three at a time).  Yes, it should have limited fields to launch from.  Heck, maybe even limit it to only certain maps, to test it out.

Really high  perks for Fat Man or Tall Boy loadout? :t

Another result of more perky-driven buffs.... might put more emphasis on hitting the material strategic targets in the war to get more points to spend: the factory sites, cities, bunkers......

What other bombers not in the game yet could you see added for buff drivers to spend their points on?

(Mitsubishi G4M "Betty"? ...heck, that thing was called a flying lighter by U.S. forces cause it caught fire so easily.... a little heavier load than the Ki-67 "Peggy", but I can't see it rating perk points. Almost as bad as adding the obsolete Ki-21 "Sally", G3M "Nell" or "perked" Japanese tanks would be......  :huh  )

If we had subs in game, I'd say the PBY Catalina...which could carry 4,000 lbs of bombs or depth charges. Not sure if perk worthy. Scouting and air-sea rescue missions not in game.

The Messerschmitt Me 323 "Gigant" Heavy transport? 2 4-ton vehicles, or 130 men in one lift? Imagine the drop from that!

Ilyushin Il-4 (DB-3F)  ? .... too similar to the B-17 in capabilities, although it would be a welcome addition, I can't see it as a perked plane.

He 177A-5 Grief ? Nearly the load of a Lanc and faster by about 30 mph....less than 1,500 actually produced, but two Hs 293 missiles as an loadout option would be wicked.

A-26B Invader which was well into replacing A20s and B-26s near the end of the war? Perkable, not very expensive if so. 315 mph at 15,000 feet (355mph max speed also listed someplaces, probably w/o load) is nice as is 3,000 lb bomb load. 6-.50cal forward, 2 dorsal/ventral .50's, and an additional 8 optional underwing and cheek mounted .50's package..... strafe city....

JU-290....only 65 built, never more than 20 available at one time. JU-390...only two prototypes built.....

He-111 H-16... might be a bit easier to defend that the JU-88's are.

Any other thoughts on what we buff drivers could get to spend points on other than the Arado?

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 06:46:14 PM »
Yeah, we need a B29! I need to spend all my bomber perks on something.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 07:07:15 PM »
although we take the piss outta it a lot, the b29 would be great to have. if HT manages to get around the remote guns problem, i think it would be great fun:aok

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 07:54:56 PM »
We already have "remote guns":lol  The real trick would be getting the nooks modeled correctly.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 07:35:51 AM »
How about Tesla coils for base defense?

~AoM~

Offline ThunderEGG

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:01:50 AM »
All I know is that there needs to be something else  worth spending on.  The same goes for GV's.  This is a great game, but after nearly 2 years playing, certain aspects of this game are VERY stagnant.  I can only imagine how stagnant it may be for others that have been here longer.  It is true I haven't a clue nor the inclination to know what goes into designing a game like this, and I appreciate the recent additions of fighters, one GV,  and one bomber, but it would be great to see some things added that are long overdue.

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 10:08:54 AM »
I would like an Arado Ar 232 transport plane for 1 perk bomber type. Not many were made but the book I have says they were used heavily. The reason for the perks on it would be the 20mm cannon in the dorsal turret and the 13mm guns in the front and rear. Would you pay perks to fly a goon with guns?? I would. :)

Also maybe the Il-10 around 3500 were compleated by the end of the war sporting either 2 37mm cannons and 2 7.62mm guns or 4 23mm cannond and a 20mm cannon in the rear gun position. Book says it was much more manuverable than the 2.  I wouldn't mind paying for those guns. :aok

And how about the Halifax C.Mk VII 24- passenger transport?   I would pay a small price to drop double the amount of troops out. I don't know if they could air drop troops from it but even if you had to land by the town having 20 troops running through the town would be great. :)

Any way just a few ideas :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 12:59:53 PM »
Originally posted by Flayed1
 And how about the Halifax C.Mk VII 24- passenger transport?   I would pay a small price to drop double the amount of troops out. I don't know if they could air drop troops from it but even if you had to land by the town having 20 troops running through the town would be great. :)

Any way just a few ideas :)

Just to set the record straight, the C-47 we have in game could carry 28 IIRC.  The 10 troop limit is a game limitation, not a plane limitation.

Back on topic -- B-25 Mitchell with 75mm nose gun.  Parafrag bombs for all those bomber-types that don't like to climb to alt.  Bomber (unarmed, IIRC) version of the Mosquito (just outruns interceptors).
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline dizman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »
Yes I'm crazy but a perked Pe-8!

It was slow as anything and way outdated BUT it could carry a 5000lb bomb o-death, get three of these things on one airfield and the airfield dissapears. Also, maybe He-111.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 03:15:33 PM »
sorry, maybe he111??????

it is one of the most needed planes here. sure, we need russian and jap rides, but he111 really should have been added a while ago

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 04:05:24 PM »
Sign me up for the 232, Il-10, and I suppose the 111.

Maybe earn more perks for hitting strats and HQ, as well. Make it lucrative for perkwhoring, so you wouldn't get too timid in your cannon-armed Goon of Death.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 09:43:18 PM »
hehe would be great to have a cannon troop transport i meeen u can kill a town and take it at the same time!!! AND U CAN TnB A ZEKE TO DEATH!
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
Yeah, we need a B29! I need to spend all my bomber perks on something.

Sorry?  I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or irony.  The two always confuse me.:cool:

Offline ChopSaw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 10:39:30 PM »
I very much like both the idea of a B-29 and an armed transport.:)

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »
Originally posted by ChopSaw
Sorry?  I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or irony.  The two always confuse me.:cool:

Let's keep our fight in it's own thread:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++