Author Topic: .WAV to .MP3 conversion  (Read 294 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
.WAV to .MP3 conversion
« on: March 20, 2006, 03:30:08 AM »
I went to a wedding on Saturday and recorded the speeches using my Casio Exilim camera in sound only mode (no video). The file is 23 minutes long, and I had hoped to create an audio CD out of it.

I found that Winamp would not recognise the .WAV file that the camera produced, and neither would my Nero CDROM burning software. I was only able to play the file using Windows Media Player or RealPlayer. I did a bit of Googling around, and found that there is software required to convert a .WAV file into .MP3 or .WMV etc., which would at least make it readable by Nero and enable me to burn a CD. I tried a couple of offerings in trial mode, but one of these would not recognise the .WAV file, and the evaluation mode of the other was not adequate to convince me it would work as I want it to work.

I didn't realise that .WAV ==> .MP3/.WMV was going to be such an issue. Any of you guys have a conversion product you could recommend, or any tips to get around this problem?

Offline Aqualung

• Zinc Member
.WAV to .MP3 conversion
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 02:05:49 PM »
There may be something better out now as I haven't had to rip mp3's for awhile, but when I did I liked Audiograbber http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/ .

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Re: .WAV to .MP3 conversion
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 02:59:49 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I went to a wedding on Saturday and recorded the speeches using my Casio Exilim camera in sound only mode (no video). The file is 23 minutes long, and I had hoped to create an audio CD out of it.

I found that Winamp would not recognise the .WAV file that the camera produced, and neither would my Nero CDROM burning software. I was only able to play the file using Windows Media Player or RealPlayer. I did a bit of Googling around, and found that there is software required to convert a .WAV file into .MP3 or .WMV etc., which would at least make it readable by Nero and enable me to burn a CD. I tried a couple of offerings in trial mode, but one of these would not recognise the .WAV file, and the evaluation mode of the other was not adequate to convince me it would work as I want it to work.

I didn't realise that .WAV ==> .MP3/.WMV was going to be such an issue. Any of you guys have a conversion product you could recommend, or any tips to get around this problem?

Download QCD http://www.quinnware.com/

Put the WMV in your play list
Right click
Choose convert.. before that you might want to explore the encode settings.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
.WAV to .MP3 conversion
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:29:04 PM »
With media player (with version 9+) you can burn a audio CD look on the file menu you should have a copy item.

Offline DES

• Copper Member
.WAV to .MP3 conversion
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:39:03 AM »

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
.WAV to .MP3 conversion
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 09:44:38 AM »
straffo - I tried that, but Windows Media Player didn't like the .WAV file for some reason.

However, X0847M's suggestion worked - thanks! :) Though oddly, the software did not allow me to convert my .WAV file to .MP3. All it did was to "convert" the .WAV file... into another .WAV file. :confused: But at least this new "converted .WAV" .WAV file was acceptable to my Nero CDROM burning software. :aok

Thanks all.

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
.WAV to .MP3 conversion
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 04:27:01 PM »
Did a post either December or January but was about WMA to MP3.  Get a lot of similar programs.  The website posted by marine is a great program that I have become very fond of when converting to MP3.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
.WAV to .MP3 conversion
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 09:03:57 PM »
try exact audio copy. its free. i used this to convert all my cd's to mp3 at a bite rate of 320. should work for you.

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/