Author Topic: Turn down ack range!  (Read 1320 times)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2006, 04:03:43 PM »
Originally posted by republic
I don't HO if I see the guy is trying to turn, but if I see tracers I open up.

what I got from that is that when u merge, you are nose on ready to face shoot if they fire 1st.

"I only ho if they ho 1st" is just plain silly.  That's just another way of saying "merges confuse me"

you probably need to work on your merge.

during a merge, if your plane is in a position to face shoot someone, then you are screwing up.

I know if you merged with me and were roughly nose on to my plane at the merge, you'd be dead in 2 passes or less.  I'm almost done with my lead turn (and 1/2 way to being on your 6) and you are deciding which way to break.  You have two options then, keep on trucking, which is a ho joust and run merge (i.e. merges confuse me pilot), or maneuver, in which case I am already in position and almost saddled, and you are visiting the tower soon.

I love pilots that ho.  
Face shooting pilots.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Dirigible

• Zinc Member
Typical.....
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2006, 12:21:14 PM »
This Thread had to do with ack range if I recall......NOT A MORALITY TALE on face shooting or a place to impress us with with your armchair ACM skills.   REMEMBER.......YOU ARE "FLYING" A COMPUTER...................No body is impressed but your own EGO.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2006, 12:36:10 PM »
I dunno. Very first post in topic had the words "HOing hogs" in it. Didn't it? :D

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 02:20:08 PM »
First post was also 6 days ago... ;)
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2006, 07:10:45 AM »
OMG! Yes .... it was. ;)

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Re: Re: Turn down ack range!
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2006, 10:56:02 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Love the HO story. I got HO'd five times last night when I logged in. By 109s, KI-61s, and even a Zeke.  I got vulched  trying to get out of A18 , I even got vulched on the CV. Your acting like this crap never happens on your side of the fence. It didn't seem to me the ack was effective enough.

Maybe your squad doesn't HO but they seem to be the exception.

After last night my HO switch is hard wired to on. It makes more sense to try and get the first lick in then to be a good sport. After all it is about combat, and combat is about killing. I'm glad I got HO'd all those times. It got me out of the HOing is wrong frame of mind. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!From now on if your in my gun sights I'm shooting. The direction your facing is your problem.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a thought to ponder.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 11:09:30 AM by Kuhn »
325th Checkertails

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »
The funniest thing though Kuhn. The safest place in the arena is in my gunsights. Just ask Husk.:D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2006, 08:21:57 PM »
No kidding Shifty, I often wonder why the rounds dont seem to go where I tell them to go. And yeah, I have been in Husks sights too many times. Al ways ends up the same "Husk shot you down".
325th Checkertails

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006, 08:40:09 PM »
Originally posted by Kuhn
No kidding Shifty, I often wonder why the rounds dont seem to go where I tell them to go. And yeah, I have been in Husks sights too many times. Al ways ends up the same "Husk shot you down".

I know I spent over 4 minutes at one point on Husks 6 last night at ranges between 600 and less than 200. He does not stir the stick ethier. He was just flying smooth evasives. I blew away every tree, and snowflake, near him during that time and put very few rounds in him. I flew away with empty guns, only to have another pony saddle up and kill him. I still think I can hear him laughing.:lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2006, 08:50:36 PM »
Boy does that scenario bring back some memories!
325th Checkertails

Offline bcee

• Copper Member
Turn down ack range!
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »
Thats where my SA was lacking Shifty...seen you bank off and relaxed ,not knowing another 51 was waiting in the wards licking his chops...never seen the tag out...

Kuhn, that was one of the best  1v1  i`ve had  for a while , great flying...!