Author Topic: Go see SNATCH!  (Read 897 times)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Go see SNATCH!
« on: January 29, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
Never laughed in a movie so much in a while.
Great movie; those brits can make some whacky plots!
Acting is great; pretty boy Brad Pitt gives a great performance as One Punch Mickey, a gypsie who speaks the must diddlyed up english ever. Benicio del Toro is also great in the movie as a compulsive gambler and diamond thief.

I dont go see movies much, but this one was a must. If you like movies like Fight Club, Lock Stock and Two Smokin Barrels, and stuff like that, go see this.

------------------
Fat DRUNK Bastards.

Nothing feels sweeter than facing a powerful enemy 1 on 1, the battle is tough, but you emerge victorious. As he types <S>!!! on channel one, you open fire on his chute.

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 01-29-2001).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2001, 03:56:00 PM »
Gonna see it when it gets here, thanks  .

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think." - A. Eldritch

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2001, 04:49:00 PM »
I saw it on Saturday.  It was hilarious!  Go see it!  

------------------
"Holy Underwear!"
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE=- SQUAD
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Nath-BDP

Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2001, 07:10:00 PM »
The director/writer or whatnot has some affection for WWII... notice the boxer's name was Bomber Harris, and the picture of a Lancaster in Turkish's office--and they kept saying "ze Germans".

Was good movie though, Benicio del toro is great.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2001, 07:17:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nath-BDP:
The director/writer or whatnot has some affection for WWII... notice the boxer's name was Bomber Harris, and the picture of a Lancaster in Turkish's office--and they kept saying "ze Germans".

Just refer to the writer/director as "Madonna's squeak."  Why?  Because, well, he is.

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2001, 10:16:00 PM »
Yep Nath, I noticed the pic of the Lancaster too.

And talking about Benicio, I had the pleasure of meeting him in Old San Juan, he is a good friend of my former drama teacher. Guy is great VERY VERY humble, even gave us a phone number to call him to so he could see the play we were working on if he was in the island.

His character in the movie was awesome and he played it great, too bad he left too quick.
Oops, dont want to give stuff away for the guys who havent seen it.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2001, 02:23:00 AM »
hehehe, "ze germans"  
Yup, real good movie
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2001, 03:50:00 AM »
I just got back from the movies, it was a toss up- Cast Away, or Snatch.

Beings you said it was a British movie, I was thinking ut oh, British accents. Can't stand them unless it's Monty Phython. Chose Cast Away.

Good flick, and the best part is he gets rid of a old hag with short hair and hooks up with a fine peice of Texan poontang.

Tell you the truth, the previews to Pearl Harbor were the best part of the movie though.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2001, 01:11:00 PM »
Snatch? Yet another 'Mockney' gangsta film? Mock Cockneys prancing around going "you're 'aving a larff, ain't cha?" or "You Muppet/Slag/nonce".

Coming soon to a cinema near you:

"It's a right royal cockney barrel of monkeys."

Pile of toejame. You Americans will watch anything.  

Creamo - you're the usual ignorant American type overexposed to either Queen's English or Cockneys.

If you heard me speek, I doubt you'd understand a single word. I'm Northern, you see.  

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 01-31-2001).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2001, 02:52:00 PM »
No dowding, I spend a whole week with 3 guys from London in Ft. Worth for training a month or so ago. I was about to strangle the limey bastards by weeks end. A accent is one thing, but we could barley understand the salamanders, and they were beyond complete fools.

What was great though, is I was to meet them at the bar, and was early. I told the bartender 3 loud mouths from England will be in here soon, spoof on them.

Well they come strolling in, ready to wow all the ladies with their wit and accents. After a few rounds this hot little Texan waitress sits down next to this guy and starts smoozing him. Next things he asks her to go to his hotel, and she says SURE! Ill go get my car.

Well she leaves to get her ride, 'ol boy pays for our drinks, leaves a big tip, and tell his buddies see ya.

He waits outside, makes ten laps around the bar, looking all over for her. He even goes INTO the kitchen. No girl. The bartender was trying so hard to keep a straight face. It was her quitting time so she just spoofed on him bigtime and went home.

The next day at class he was talking about how he was going back there to meet up with her. When he left for the bathroom I told his buddies and the class about the spoof. They howled with laughter.

We all went to the Texas Caberet and saw fine texan women, I think he may still be at that bar. Yup, I hate the accents, but boy you can fun with them.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2001, 07:27:00 PM »

Snatch? Yet another 'Mockney' gangsta film? Mock Cockneys prancing around going "you're 'aving a larff, ain't cha?" or "You Muppet/Slag/nonce".
Coming soon to a cinema near you:

"It's a right royal cockney barrel of monkeys."

Pile of toejame. You Americans will watch anything. (Image removed from quote.)

Awww.. come on Dowding.  Hollywood is the only way we have of learning about British culture.  Afterall.. hollywood is what most of Europe uses to judge the USA.

AKDejaVu

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »
Hehehehe. British culture? I think you are unlikely to find any left after the complete americanisation of literature, film and music over the last 30 years.

We'll be electing a President next. Or rather 'trying' to elect one.  
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2001, 05:18:00 PM »
I saw it here in NZ about 2 months ago and it is damned funny  

"Tyrone, you stupid fat f*ck"

Customs officer: "Anything to delcare?"
American Jewel Buyer: "Yer, dont go to England!".
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

funked

Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2001, 05:25:00 PM »
I saw some snatch but it's been a couple of years.

TheWobble

Go see SNATCH!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2001, 07:35:00 PM »
Awww.. come on Dowding. Hollywood is the only way we have of learning about British culture. Afterall.. hollywood is what most of Europe uses to judge the USA.

GGGOOOAAALLLL!!!!!!!!!!