Author Topic: How many new gun owners have you...  (Read 405 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
How many new gun owners have you...
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »
xtoronto,

If you think you might behave in that way then you should seriously consider not possessing a firearm.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 06:59:20 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
Im seriously considering getting a hand gun for myself. The main consideration is how life is changing for people who live in Toronto. This city has become much more violent over the past couple years. Most of you heard about what happened on Boxing Day this year on Yonge Street; Two rival gangs having a shootout in one of the busiest areas and ultimately a 15 year old girl dies in the street.
It was just a short while ago when we had six separate shootings all unrelated all in different areas of the city and only 2 hours apart.
Today we had 2 stabbings at 2 different high schools.
You know what really concerns me? What if I have a gun, and something really really crappy happens (like you catch the woman cheating) ... how would you stop yourself from grabbing the gun that's in the house? I'm not kidding you all...scares me to think I'd use it in anger. (I have NO problem using a weapon for self defense)
Is this fear something you all felt or is it just me?

XToronto the thing about gun ownership is control. Control of yourself.. and that weapon. Lose control of the weapon.. or yourself... somebody dies. Huge responsibility. Don't approach it lightly. For personal protection in normal circumstances a baseball bat is likely all you will ever need in your closet. If you live in a place where you are in mortal fear from gangs.. move.

If you EVER use a gun for self protection you will be up against a hostile and disbelieving police, a closed-minded society and a judicial system that can't tell the diffrence between 'self defense' and 'unnecessary force'. You life will likely be ruined, your future in the trash, your bellybutton likely in a jail cell.

Again.. think real hard about getting a gun to 'carry'. If you really think you 'need' one where you are, you really oughta move 'cause that's NO place to have a home, a family and start a life.

Having a weapon as a collector.. or as a hobby/shootist or hunter, or put away against a catastrophic set of circumstances, different story altogether. But to have it 'because it's not safe here anymore'.. the real deal is it's time to be someplace else.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »
My guess is.... post #49.