Author Topic: The Blue Knights and you.  (Read 18248 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
The Blue Knights and you.
« on: April 06, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »
After reading some rather unflattering remarks directed at my squad, I started wondering, "What does the community as a group think of us? What are you experiences with the BKs? Would you recommend this product/service to friend? Would you consider us helpful?"

I know a lot of the guys have been playing for ages, many starting in AW, or WB, and have been flying, interacting, and drinking with perhaps hundreds or thousands of people in the communities of this genre of games over that period of time. Surely we can't be all that bad.

So, anyway, what do you really think of the BKs?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 12:32:37 PM »
the best entertainment on ch200 and bbs  :aok
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »
Fine guys in the game, some of them just conduct themselves childishly here in the BB.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 12:36:58 PM »
In my experience it takes 1 to make a smart bellybutton remark on the BBS, 3 to follow up, and 3 more to start a mini flame war between themselves, all in good fun mind you, and then the topic has a 60% probability of being hijacked into a BKs suck thread or just locked.  

I don't run across BKs much in the arenas but from what I've heard....they are all talk:p

P.S. Surprised you haven'tbeen sued by the corporation for using their initials....unless one of you owns Burger King....:noid
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 12:37:49 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
So, anyway, what do you really think of the BKs?

Mittens sucks. Other than that, I havent really noticed you guys.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 12:41:16 PM »
The BKs are a bunch of trouble starting phags and have ruined this GAME!  And you're the worst of em Hub!

:D :lol :rofl :cry :huh :lol :cry :lol :cry :rofl
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:48:14 PM by mars01 »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 12:44:50 PM »
Hub is secretly writing down the names of everyone who says something bad about us in this thread, and he's going to track them down in real life and beat them up.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 12:48:42 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Hub is secretly writing down the names of everyone who says something bad about us in this thread, and he's going to track them down in real life and beat them up.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Wont be the first time Ive been beaten up by a fat chick.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 12:49:05 PM »
I was actually hoping for honest feedback on this troubling issue. I do a little bit of everything in the game, I help when I can, I answer questions, I try to make light of bad situations, and offer some semblence of entertainment in exchange for the enjoyment I get from this game and community.

I'm troubled by the idea that anyone from HTC would say that I am what is wrong with the community.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »
do you honestly care hub?

with the exception of Dale himself perma-banning the BK's unless they change this or that (which i doubt would even do anything), every one of the BK's will say, act, and do how they choose.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Arcades057

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 12:55:09 PM »
I like the BKs.  I've flown beside them on a few sorties in the past and they're a riot.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »
You guys act like I would imagine a real crack Fighter squadron in WW2 probably acted. BK's are good and they know it. Virtual fighter jocks, just like the real ones, knowing and believing you're good, maybe even the best is half the battle. In fighter combat you have to really believe that, whether it's true or not depends on the opponent and the situation, but the psychological advantage of believing in your prowess can be the difference. On the BBS the BKs are alot of things at once,  prontificators, practical jokers, chest thumpers, elitists and just generally active and interesting members of the community...

One thing that irks me, and likely others,  as one who likes to go on lone crusades here on the BBS on topics I truly believe in, is you can't just debate with one BK, all of them will jump in and get their fingers in the pie even if what they are adding is irrelevant or off-topic to the discussion...But, I guess that's just natural as you guys behave like a close-knit squadron on the BBS just like you do in a furball...

Zazen
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:00:16 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 12:58:38 PM »
Of course I care. I'm as much a member of the community as anyone else, and I like to think I'm helping, not hurting.

That's interesting Zazen, but I hadn't drawn a parallel between our actions in game and on the boards. I guess that's likely due to our generally similar personalities and interests, and also due partly to, for want of a better word, witchhunting, or maybe headhunting. Some of the things that have been said to us via PMs on the board, or private text/vox is absolutely shocking. It seems certain groups really carry a deep hatred toward us, and I just don't understand why. However, they still hate us, and they tend to look for us, in here or in game, and I suppose that puts us on the defensive a lot more, and therefore probably prone to stick together.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:03:17 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 01:03:01 PM »
Hey hubs,
I'm just joking here but I couldn't resist
posting this for Lazs.  

Lazs, I'm just jokin' with ya man!
I just couldn't resist!  

Hey hubs, was wondering.
Any cops on your squad?

Been a cop  for the last 22 years (this month) and am always
interested in saying hello to brother officers in the game.
Just thought the name was a giveaway.  :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:09:52 PM by 96Delta »

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 01:16:40 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I was actually hoping for honest feedback on this troubling issue. I do a little bit of everything in the game, I help when I can, I answer questions, I try to make light of bad situations, and offer some semblence of entertainment in exchange for the enjoyment I get from this game and community.

I'm troubled by the idea that anyone from HTC would say that I am what is wrong with the community.

Is there really something wrong with the community? The BBS kind of sucks with all the Furballer vs Toolshedder bull****. I think any good points made by either side get lost in flames and personel grudges. I didnt buy in to the " BK's are the reason its this way" comment. Its hard to take you seriously on this Hub, because you're Hub. And you honestly being "troubled" by any of it is hard to buy. I don't 100% agree with everything I read from a BK on the state of the game but I don't aree with everything in my squad forum either.

I dont know all the BK's but I do like the one's I know for the most part. I really enjoy getting my bellybutton kicked by Lev. I think it makes me a better pilot. Same with Morph and Stang. Wadke and Slapshot were cool as hell the few times I've been able to fly with them. Superdud cracks me up and he's a good stick to boot. I've had some good times winging with Dedalos in the old CT and in th MA with Jaxxo. Grits and I go back a ways now and I like being able to beat the hell out of atleast one BK:D  You I liked better before you were a BK. I kind of miss the Baba salutes. The rest of the guys I don't know that well, but I'm not seeing where you guys are bad for this community. My 2 cents.