Author Topic: The Blue Knights and you.  (Read 18317 times)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »
Hub, You I liked better before you were a BK.
Speaking for all the BKs I think we feel the same way. LOLH:D

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 01:19:01 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
That's interesting Zazen, but I hadn't drawn a parallel between our actions in game and on the boards. I guess that's likely due to our generally similar personalities and interests, and also due partly to, for want of a better word, witchhunting, or maybe headhunting. Some of the things that have been said to us via PMs on the board, or private text/vox is absolutely shocking. It seems certain groups really carry a deep hatred toward us, and I just don't understand why. However, they still hate us, and they tend to look for us, in here or in game, and I suppose that puts us on the defensive a lot more, and therefore probably prone to stick together.

You guys are like an exclusive club. People watch you thru the fence but aren't allowed in. Whats more is they see, thru the fence, how much fun you are having often at their expense. That's going to, at least sub-consciously, cause some folks, especially those yearning for your hitherto unattainable type and calibre of fun, to become envious, contemptuous and develop irrational animosity towards you. It's just human nature.

I think you'll find that people and squadrons able to attain something approaching your level of prowess in-game tend to develop a sense of respect and comraderie toward you. In many ways there are the 'haves' and the 'have-nots' of AH in terms of skill & talent, the BKs are archetypically representative of the 'haves' so naturally the archetypical examples of the 'have nots' on the other end of the spectrum are going to feel threatened even without direct cause to do so...

Zazen
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:25:41 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »
well, the BK's.

sometimes they can get a little over the top, and start to get annoying, but 99% of the time, they're very funny, fun guys, and great sticks to boot. an essential part of the AH community:aok

if we didnt have the BK's, every man and his dog would be and LCA toolshed tard

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 01:21:42 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Wont be the first time Ive been beaten up by a fat chick.

:rofl  im sure its not gonna be the last....

Originally posted by Arcades057
I like the BKs.  I've flown beside them on a few sorties in the past and they're a riot.

not a bad group behind the stick.. but talk about BBS Furballers...
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 01:22:49 PM »
ok, if you want it I won't be sarcastic.

I am a slow dim-witted oaf myself. when it comes to here, and boards in general even after 4+ years I am a n00b. I can't tell a troll from a real post 90% of the time.

It is because of the actions of the BK's over these 4 years I have learned a serious dis-trust to anything i read on the intardnet. when are you serious, and when are you joking, i personally have no clue.

now there are a bunch of AHer's i have meet in person, but i haven't got to "know" them well enough to say i can read them. the few that i have, i can see what they are saying. slapshot and icer are great examples. they are cool, and i enjoyed meeting / hanging out with them at the last con, but i would not even come close to say i "know" them as a person.

now this is just me personally, but i am a distrustful person by nature.

I think there are 2 parts to the BK's. the "core" guys, and then the ones folded in from the 13th TAS thing. i can spot a difference in the way they act in-game and on the board.

all that said, as a majority my view of the BK's is they are flight sim elitists. they are really talented, they know it, and they are not afraid to show it. there are exceptions to every rule, and that is why i said majority instead of all.

zanzen just made a good point about the fence thing.

i looked at your website once and there was this funnay about "you are not allowed to join, we don't like you" or something. it made me chuckle. there are times like the birdo-nath film i laughed my bellybutton off. but that doesn't make you any better or any worse than any other group in AH.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 01:29:49 PM »
Originally posted by Pooface

if we didnt have the BK's, every man and his dog would be and LCA toolshed tard

Amen to that...Squads like BKs and the 475th go a long way in making being a fighter jock 'cool' to the noobs and vets alike. For every tard squad like the LCA we need a non-tard squad of air to air combat pursists to keep the universe in balance...Otherwise AH will simply devolve into a festering cesspool of toolshedding anarchy where good, protracted fights are as rare as an Lgay7 driver that doesn't always go for the HO...

Zazen

Offline Timofei

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Re: The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 01:32:09 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 05:34:15 PM by Skuzzy »
Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred herewith."

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2006, 01:32:48 PM »
a few other things...

for a minute a year ago, i wanted to be a BK. i wanted to learn how to dogfight that good.

then i realised the whole other side to it. i think you get tooooooo wrapped up in the "furballers VS toolshedders" thing. someone pays their money, they can fly how they want. they want to bomb your toolsheds, don't come here and cry about it, it's old and tired.

at first it seemed you (as a group) were trying to open people up to a different type of gameplay. in fact it was even stated in a post just like that. you (as a group) wanted the toolshedders to learn abotu dogfighting, as a style of gameplay. there were and will be bomber guys who just don't knwo how to fly a fighter, and without people trying to show them other paths they will never know.

there are also dedicated toolshedders. i have met them in game. they never have and never will have the desire to furball. no matter how loud you yell they will not listen. there's nothing wrong with them or their gameplay. it is just as bad as trying to force you guys to up heavy ponies and kill FH's all night.

i think the "argument" has drifted from you (as a group) trying to show people possibilities of different gameplay, to being the dedicated spokesperson for a fundamental change in the nature of the MA.

3 years ago you guys weren't so "hardcore" about having a fightertown as an example.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 01:34:44 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
I was actually hoping for honest feedback on this troubling issue.

Oh, I'm sure your are.

At whose expense is it going to be this time?

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 01:35:23 PM »
I like me.
I'm glad I'm me.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 01:35:44 PM »
Delta, Badboy58 is a police officer, up in the northeast somewheres.

Slash, our particular salute, while amusing to some of those in the know no longer gets past the filter. I got tired of automuting myself trying to say "hi".  ;)

I don't know that there's anything particularly wrong with the community, other than the arguing over what's wrong with the community. It seems a lot of the long term players have specialized in various aspects of the game, and there seems to be an excess of friction between these groups.

It's just cartoon airplanes, as I often say, and I think tensions run a little too high at times. I've probably been guilty of less-than-flattering remarks and opinions at times, but I've tried to be honest, and look for solutions, not scapegoats.  To say that we, as people, are flawed, and have somehow ruined the game... that's so blatantly offensive that I thought I'd see what the community itself, and not some self-appointed spokesman, had to say about us.

Interesting feedback so far.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2006, 01:43:29 PM »
Originally posted by Timofei
See Rule #4

Probably half of which, if not more, are replies in the squad forums. I don't recognize your ID, and have no clue who you are ingame, so that means we probably haven't had any interaction, which would make you one of the guys just looking for a post by one of us to start stirring the pot.

Thanks for not contributing anything.

As far as the fence and elitist remarks, I don't see it that way. Granted, we have several well-regarded sticks in the group, but there are many capable pilots in the MA, and we have but a few. I'd say the personalities and interests of our squad have resulted in the current lineup, and not just relative skill at cartoon piloting. Anyone can become dangerous in a furball when that's how they spend 95% of their time in game.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 05:34:59 PM by Skuzzy »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2006, 01:44:15 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine

then i realised the whole other side to it. i think you get tooooooo wrapped up in the "furballers VS toolshedders" thing. someone pays their money, they can fly how they want. they want to bomb your toolsheds, don't come here and cry about it, it's old and tired.

The problem as has been stated about a billion times is a handfull of these 'dedicated toolshedders' can keep fights killed to a point where there is basically no protracted fights of any kind at all for hours and even days on end. The moment a fight starts to heat up, here they come with 25-35k b24/Lancs or screaming down in heavy jugs to *womp* the FHs down. There's really no way to stop them with bombing as simple as it is, so long as they are either willing to die or climb over 20k to kill FHs/CVs...

So, it's not like the BKs and other air to air purists dislike them personally or in some abstract way because of their dichotomous view of the game. It's simply that the toolshedders can and do quite often completely prevent us from playing the game we enjoy and having fun. What makes this worse is a sizable portion only toolshed specifically for the intent purpose of preventing furballers from furballing, Fightertown killers are a prime example, but they manifest themselves on every map. These folks deliberately and methodically seek out the best fights on the map and toolshed them dead, if the fight picks up elsewhere they follow to repeat the process...I can't tell you how many times an irrate toolshedder has said something to the effect, "You guys need to stop furballing you are wasting valuable resources, if you don't stop and help me with base XXX I will drop the FHs at the enemy base you are furballing at"...and of course they do...So, be carefull when you say who is telling who how to play...

Zazen
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:47:24 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2006, 01:46:15 PM »
i will say i hesitated using that word.

but i could not thing of a suitable alternative.

the derogatory connotations of that word on the interent are higher than in real life conversation. i post more real life talky type.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2006, 01:49:30 PM »
You guys are seem alright to me, some of ya may really need attention though, since you even posted this, lol

Jaxxo is old buddy of mine, so if he likes being in your squad, im sure ya have alot of fun

and once again, Zazen is FOS
you can always roll from a rear base, not unlike a wise player would do if the field was capped in a vulch, and ive never heard of "protected fights"
lol what is that
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:54:04 PM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th