Author Topic: The Blue Knights and you.  (Read 18246 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 01:53:39 PM »
see zazen i don't want to take this off topic and all, but i disagree. a buff pilot flying "too high to intercept" had to take the time to get there. the fighter should take time to climb to intercept too. there is no excuse it "takes to long" to intercept bombers. if you want to ensure a certian type of gameplay you should have to make a sacrifice sometimes too. fly up and do air patrol. if you are soo good killing things, bombers are easy to kill. take up a 190 and you should kill at least 2 boxes before you run out of ammo, at least. with the hit% some of the furballers have they should get 9 kills.

is someone wants to reset the arena, and you expect them to work the whole rest of the map, leaving a highly concentrated area for the end when the "enemy" can stage counter attacks from you are asking them to make a sacrifice in their style of gameplay. it may not seem that way to you, but it is the same thing.

who makes the sacrifice?
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 01:53:51 PM »
I reaspect the BKs as a squad. They are good virtual fighter pilots and usually good wingmen/opponents.

I dont like some of the actions/words some members of the BKs have taken/take on the boards and in game, but thats THEIR cup of tea, not mine. They are just simply ignored by me.

The few BKs i know better i get along with well. BK or not ;).
To me its not a matter of the squad, but the individual.

:D
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 02:02:02 PM »
Wait until hub gets back from his trip and finds that someone has hacked into his account and made all these posts.   lol.

BKs crack me up with their humorous posts.  Too many take this game way too serious.

Don't like fighting them though.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 02:06:08 PM »
Originally posted by Solar10
Wait until hub gets back from his trip and finds that someone has hacked into his account and made all these posts.   lol.
even though i posted all i did, i still suspect this very thing, or it is an outright troll.

if it is have fun laughing at my expense bk's you hooked someone. wow.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 02:10:27 PM »
Originally posted by Mustaine
see zazen i don't want to take this off topic and all, but i disagree. a buff pilot flying "too high to intercept" had to take the time to get there. the fighter should take time to climb to intercept too. there is no excuse it "takes to long" to intercept bombers.  

As I think hub said before, the only thing more boring than being a toolshedder is fighting them, sure we could spend  an hour chasing a 25k B24 around, but that's not fun, nor is it practical when it's never just one it's a steady stream of them.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 02:14:19 PM »
fly up and do air patrol. if you are soo good killing things, bombers are easy to kill.

Ignoring the fact that climbing to 25-30k to chase pretty fast and extremely well gunned b24's is extremely boring, doing so successfully is a royal pita and anything but a forgone conclusion. Furballing skill means nothing when you're struggling to keep up to a 25k B24 only to be pilot wounded 1k out by its turbo lasers. By the time you corner and 'maybe' shoot down his entire formation your FHs are long gone...

So, assuming you do all this, not only have you wasted your lengthy flight time in almost certain vein, you're still not able to just fight in air to air combat vs. other fighters so the result is the same, whether they end up dropping the FHs or not...No thanks, we're not going to let the tail wag the dog...

Zazen
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:16:23 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 02:14:26 PM »
*yawn*
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »
good sticks in game, cept for hub...and furball...and...well...guess they the only ones.  trolling trolling trolling on bbs...i personally take 90% of the post on here as is with a grain of salt, if its a BK, 95%.;)
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 02:15:37 PM »
the few BK's i flown with over the years with in AH and other flight sims are a bunch of F***ing lunatics. I'm happy they took the time to teach me what they know about flyng.  as far as bbs whenever i need a good laugh i just read a BK post.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 02:16:32 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Slash, our particular salute, while amusing to some of those in the know no longer gets past the filter. I got tired of automuting myself trying to say "hi".  ;)

True, cant really get away with it anymore:D

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2006, 02:43:09 PM »
WHO ARE THE BK'S?
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2006, 02:43:31 PM »
Okay, this is one of the things that pisses me off. While I haven't always been a shining example of taking cartoon planes seriously, the fact that no matter what we post, or say, or offer, it's immediately labelled as a troll, and then people start taking offense at that, and then we're the subject of multiple emails to Skuzzy, complaining about how we're making fun of them on the boards.

I'll use fewer words.

I'm curious to see if a majority of the community thinks we're the problem, or that we're just like everybody else- some vocal, some not vocal, all enthusiasts and players of the same game.

I started this post because a person who has more influence on new players than we do, has identified us, by name, as the culprit for all negative aspects of the game. He's implanted in the next generation of players (who hadn't even heard of us) an animosity that will carry itself into the game, and onto the boards, further inciting more of the behaviors that he's claimed we've introduced, and that have ruined the game.

I never saw the BKs in this light; I never saw any particular squad as being this sort of menace. I wanted to know if this point of view was unique, or if most thought it was true.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2006, 02:44:15 PM »
It is because of the actions of the BK's over these 4 years I have learned a serious dis-trust to anything i read on the intardnet. when are you serious, and when are you joking, i personally have no clue.

+

then i realised the whole other side to it. i think you get tooooooo wrapped up in the "furballers VS toolshedders" thing. someone pays their money, they can fly how they want. they want to bomb your toolsheds, don't come here and cry about it, it's old and tired.

at first it seemed you (as a group) were trying to open people up to a different type of gameplay. in fact it was even stated in a post just like that. you (as a group) wanted the toolshedders to learn abotu dogfighting, as a style of gameplay. there were and will be bomber guys who just don't knwo how to fly a fighter, and without people trying to show them other paths they will never know.

work it out... :D
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2006, 02:51:49 PM »
i find the most fun thing about BK's is that they can see humour in themselves.  if someone takes the piss out of us, generally we will join in and laugh at our own expense. (if we are already not having banter with one another)

99% of the people here cannot see humour in themselves and take the game far too seriously. the BK attitude is almost Britishlike.

those that "get it" like us.  it is a game that is supposed to be fun after all.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2006, 03:02:06 PM »
BBS BK's "  blah blah blah, stfu, blah blah blah, whaaaa, blah blah blah grow up, i'm having fun, blah blah blah, it's just a game, blah blah blah, look at me, blah blah blah I'm not crying, i'm really laughing, blah blah blah..."

Ahh crap, I think this classifies as a flame.
:D
Time's fun when you're having flies.