Author Topic: The Blue Knights and you.  (Read 18257 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
The Blue Knights and you.
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2006, 03:05:32 PM »
wish that guy would take his hand from up kermit's arse so he would stop yapping.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2006, 03:07:13 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Its hard to take you seriously on this Hub, because you're Hub.

AHAHAHHA My new sig material!

Oh, and don't be hating!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud

Oh, and don't be hating!

Give us a hug:O

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2006, 03:19:16 PM »
Personally, the BK help give AH some of its...."charm". However, I would say that since Zazen is speaking well of you, I now believe you guys have a problem! :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2006, 03:27:04 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
the BK attitude is almost Britishlike.

Someone please eject me form the squad :furious
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2006, 03:28:51 PM »
go away Stelios.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2006, 03:35:19 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
You guys are like an exclusive club. People watch you thru the fence but aren't allowed in. Whats more is they see, thru the fence, how much fun you are having often at their expense. That's going to, at least sub-consciously, cause some folks, especially those yearning for your hitherto unattainable type and calibre of fun, to become envious, contemptuous and develop irrational animosity towards you. It's just human nature.

I think you'll find that people and squadrons able to attain something approaching your level of prowess in-game tend to develop a sense of respect and comraderie toward you. In many ways there are the 'haves' and the 'have-nots' of AH in terms of skill & talent, the BKs are archetypically representative of the 'haves' so naturally the archetypical examples of the 'have nots' on the other end of the spectrum are going to feel threatened even without direct cause to do so...

Zazen

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2006, 03:35:33 PM »
From my longtime experience in AH I've not noticed a thing different about the BKs then anyone else here.   I really don't know what the fuss is about.  Guess those who have none or are just getting some experience in the game venting frustration.  Most Squads have good sticks and some who are fairly new to the game.  

"Much Ado about nothing"

Personally I've not seen a BK go ballistic when I've been on.  And rarely run into them when I am on.  Always courteous to me when I do have the opportunity to tangle or chat with them.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2006, 03:38:50 PM »
Originally posted by Hajo
.  Most Squads have good sticks and some who are fairly new to the game.  

Well, yes, but Hub, Jaxxo, and Fur-Ionlyknowof1Greekname-tard are not new.  They just have reached their pick.  Thta is not a reason to make fun of them
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2006, 03:39:48 PM »
I dont see them much in game, here in the forums they seem to talk as much as anyone else.

~AoM~

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2006, 03:41:02 PM »
honest reply.  (yeah, ok fine ya' hooked me)

I like many/most of the BK's.  They are fun to fight, and most are talented sticks.  I find alot of their humor hillarious, and I agree w/ NB that they add a certain "charm" to this game.

Here is where I agree w/ Ren tho'.

I think that many/most of the new players see how y'all act, and because you ARE such good pilots, they will emulate you.  So the end result is that we now have a crop of noobs chest thumping, insult tossing, and trash talking.  The noobs don't understand the humor in it.  They don't get the inside jokes.  They have not flown with y'as for years, and "get it".   All they see is trash talk, insults and chest thumping, so they in turn do the same, no quite knowing the humor in it.    

I seriously don't think the BK's understand the influence they have on new players.  And over time, because of that influence, we now have a large chunk of pilots smack talking, chest thumping, insult tossing and being disruptive.  Think of it.  Just how many players in AH now act BK'ish when flying, or on the BBS?  

Tons.

The new pilots have not read countless thousands of posts by BK's and understand the humor.  They have not fought y'all hundreds of times and "get" the ch200 banter y'all toss out after a fight.  All they see are some of the best pilots in the game, and how they act, and figure that's how the "cool" people act.

Ok, dont rambling.  my 2 cents.

BK's.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2006, 03:47:48 PM »
In the MA...I dunno since I refuse to tune to ch 200 :)

On the boards, they are probably the most juvineille, loud, obnoxious group on here, guaranteed to pile the abuse on someone who has "offended" their name.

Hey...you asked.
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline MrMouth

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »
the bks are ok except for hub sdud furball and D. other then that they are fun to fly with. hub used to always let me join his plane so i could watch him get crushed by the first bad guy he runs into, that was nice of him. giggedy giggedy giggedy goo!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2006, 03:49:58 PM »
why the hell have i suddenly been put in the same bracket as dedalos and hub? :mad: :mad:
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline MrMouth

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2006, 03:52:46 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
why the hell have i suddenly been put in the same bracket as dedalos and hub? :mad: :mad:

why is a rainbow good?... it just is... this doesn't seem like a hub thread, who let him get sober?