Author Topic: An Idea to unite toolshedders and furballers - please read  (Read 385 times)

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
An Idea to unite toolshedders and furballers - please read
« on: April 07, 2006, 08:04:17 PM »
hey all. basically, a project of mine, one that's i've been wanting to get done for months, entered that, 'i'll finish that someday' pile of junk. the thing is, if i got it done, and did it right, it would be really cool, and im sure some of you guys would like it. only problem is people.

basically, it's a film, and i tried to get some guys together in H2H to film all the scenes. but the only guys that came along were noobs and little kids, all killing ech other instead of the enemy:rolleyes:

really, i need a lot of bomber and fighter pilots, and i figure that the best way to unite the community in the process is to get them all to kill each other :D

the LCA can get a nice big bomber formation up, the BK's can T n' B on the deck. the history guys can take part is some big historical missions, all in the name of fun. now H2H didnt work out, because it was too small and all the noobs got in the room first:furious

so i was wondering, if perhaps, some of you guys got together with me soon, maybe this weekend, in the DA, and we can film it all together?? anyone up for it?

or perhaps, if anyone is feeling really kind, maybe a CM could host a setup in the SEA for a couple of hours sometime, but that might be hard to do right around now.

but, anyone want to fly some big missions, and be part of a big film? i would be very appreciative:aok

Offline RAPIER

• Copper Member
toolshedder & fuballers film
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 09:00:31 PM »
Poo, what is the purpose of the film?  How would it unite different player interests?
Just wondering.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 04:42:08 AM »
psssst....

you can only have 8 people in a h2h room.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 05:02:37 AM »
Hey pooface, I'd not push for so many people to get together for a film if this will be your first time.

Try to make a small film first with maybe 2 or 3 others and get the feel for it first.  It can be and will be very difficult to handle so many people all at the same time.  You'll need to have everything planned out!  And I mean everything.  
  I'm rendering the final version of a film right now, and I've been working on it 2 weeks now and I'm going to let my squaddies preview it first before I post it in the films section.  It's my first film and 3 weeks ago, I had no idea how to make a film.  (I took 1 week off for those who check numbers)

Anyways, you'll need to have people "want" to be in the film.  So maybe clue us in on your "vision" of the movie so that like minds will be interested in it and want to participate.

I'd be willing to be a pilot for ya, just can't this weekend.

and good luck.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 06:25:13 AM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
Hey pooface, I'd not push for so many people to get together for a film if this will be your first time.

Try to make a small film first with maybe 2 or 3 others and get the feel for it first.  It can be and will be very difficult to handle so many people all at the same time.  You'll need to have everything planned out!  And I mean everything.  
  I'm rendering the final version of a film right now, and I've been working on it 2 weeks now and I'm going to let my squaddies preview it first before I post it in the films section.  It's my first film and 3 weeks ago, I had no idea how to make a film.  (I took 1 week off for those who check numbers)

Anyways, you'll need to have people "want" to be in the film.  So maybe clue us in on your "vision" of the movie so that like minds will be interested in it and want to participate.

I'd be willing to be a pilot for ya, just can't this weekend.

and good luck.

already made some. did the spitfire film, and that big battle of britain one.

rapier, the idea is to get all the toolshedders and furballers together and get them fighting with and against each other. and furby, i was going to do it in the DA, well, most of it anyway...

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 08:40:27 AM »
A giant bottle of super glue would be easier...more effective too. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 08:49:59 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
A giant bottle of super glue would be easier...more effective too. :)
:lol

seriously, anyone interested? im sure we'd have a lot of fun:)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 08:51:22 AM »
Hey pooface.

Come ride along with the 332nd Mongrels some night in Squad ops.

You'll get your bombers, fighters, etc all doing their best in one place at one time.

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 10:05:14 AM »
trying to get it all along a pacific theme though :(

that's the big idea, a big movie on the pacific war. i have everything done, all the backbone and story, all i need is the footage, which was harder to get than i thought

i had some great ideas for some really original scenes, and im hoping it will all turn out something like i imagine. just need actors. anyone interested?

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 10:19:17 AM »
Pacific Battle?  Hmm, sounds interesting.
I've seen your work pooface.  Awesome!
I'd be interested in helping out.
BTW, check out the films section.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »
Originally posted by Pooface
:lol

seriously, anyone interested? im sure we'd have a lot of fun:)

Not dissin' the film idea...just the result you think it might have. The LCA stuff is just the most recent battle in a years long war that started long before AH.

BTW, I suck at scheduled stuff (short attention span :)). But, I would be willing to try to give you a hand with it. Might be fun. :)
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 11:03:53 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Not dissin' the film idea...just the result you think it might have. The LCA stuff is just the most recent battle in a years long war that started long before AH.

BTW, I suck at scheduled stuff (short attention span :)). But, I would be willing to try to give you a hand with it. Might be fun. :)

it WILL be fun. im really aiming for a large group of us, and get people in formation, have some big historic battles on camera, zeke's vs wildcats, f6f's chasing ki's, lots of stuff really. was also thinking of doing a naval battle, which noone has done before, so i thought i could do some new stuff :) was going to play with the lighting effects too, have some dawn scenes and night ops:cool:

and thanks kermit. all those films i've done before though were just warm ups, just so i could get used to it. my BoB film was quite successful, but i thought it wasnt nearly as good as it could of been, so i was also thinking of re-doing it:)