Author Topic: if I shoot off his wing, why do others still fill him with holes?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
if I shoot off his wing, why do others still fill him with holes?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 04:20:55 PM »
Yes this is always great.   The other night I uped an F4U4 and killed a 109 then I went after a 190D filling him with lead but he was still running. Sooooo stupid me I go chasing him down and get HO'd by a N1K and my wing pops off. This in it's self not so bad. It was my mistake the N1K sould get the kill but I look back and what do I see as I spiral into  the water but 3 other rooks spraying like hell at my wingless bird. All 3 were just holding the trigger down for all they were worth lol.  

I thought this was just a sad and stupid thing to see.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 04:45:38 PM »
Welcome to AH.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 04:55:46 PM »
Originally posted by nark
all the more reason to join and fly with a close nit squad

btw has anyone ever downed a plane with a pistol from a chute :)   ?

Don't Join the squad I am in. They steal more of my kills then anyone else...LOL...
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 05:40:05 PM »
Killstealing is just 'flying smart' same as making one feeble pass on something 10k below you then running back to nearest green base.

Eventually the MA will be just 1 guy circling over a green base at 45k in a dora/p51 with an IQ of 4394.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 05:40:30 PM »
it's a tightrope.....leave that wounded bird alone and get *****ed out by your buddy when it shoots him down just before exploding....:noid

Offline WarRaidr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 06:18:34 PM »
oh come on Hondo, I havn't stole a kill from you all month :cry  NOW if it's SHawk i'll dive right in :D

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 08:03:31 PM »
this wasn't so much of a problem until the whordes became the prevailing way. When I played, I flew a Yak and as such, had to be very sparing with my limited ammo loadout. killstealing of already spiraling planes was just one of the staws that broke my poor camels back. I've been lookin at a new camel, one with a reinforced back-
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »
I was falling to earth once & had a guy dive into me in a lame "chute-shoot"  & I got a hit on his plane with my .45! I tried to hit the pilot...I have no idea whether I did or not as I was in the tower milliseconds after that but it was satisfying to see the sprite knowing I got a hit.

Now don't think I'm all against shooting a guy in a chute...I used to get really ticked off about it ( it seemed like a petty thing to do & a waste of ammo ) but, I understand why someone would do it now. The red icon can get confused with other enemy cons that are still in the fight & they can give check 6's. After a squaddie of mine pointed that out to me I kinda felt stupid for getting aggravated about it.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Re: if I shoot off his wing, why do others still fill him with holes?
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 09:31:42 PM »
Originally posted by nark
A bit confused on this:
last night I started to notice that even after I had shot wings of off 2 seperate planes, people were still content to shoot the scraps of the body as it spiraled down to the ground...so I guess kills are based on total dmg inflicted even if the plane is mortally wounded?

Easy one -
Kill is awarded based on 'weight' of rounds put into him.

For e.g - If a 20mm cannon round = 3 x 50 cal rounds.

You put 10 x 20mm into him and take his wing off.
On the way down someone put 31 50 cals into him, he would get the kill.

Easy maths -
1 : 3
10 : 30 - But he put 31 50cals (1 extra) into him therefore he gets kill.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 09:34:40 PM »
What happens whey ya shoot the chute?  You get a kill message?  Or does it just dissapear?

:huh
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 09:35:18 PM »
As long as his prop spins, he still carries the message. :P

~AoM~

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 09:39:34 PM »
the kill stealing tards are hte lowest common denominator in this game... I don't mind much when the people I know/like steal my kills (mostly the BK's ::cough furball cough:: :furious ).. I still ***** and moan, tho, mostly for the sake of *****ing and moaning. What pisses me off is when SUPERACE125123 swoops in from 15k to spray the hell out of a flaming wreck with his typhie so he can get his name in lights. That's when I wish killshooter wasn't on.
Army of Muppets

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Re: if I shoot off his wing, why do others still fill him with holes?
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 09:57:10 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
Easy one -
Kill is awarded based on 'weight' of rounds put into him.

For e.g - If a 20mm cannon round = 3 x 50 cal rounds.

You put 10 x 20mm into him and take his wing off.
On the way down someone put 31 50 cals into him, he would get the kill.

Easy maths -
1 : 3
10 : 30 - But he put 31 50cals (1 extra) into him therefore he gets kill.
Actually it is damage points.  Bullet velocity does affect potential damage points a round can score in a plane vs plane situation.  For instance, a .50 cal from 100 yards will score more damage than one from 600 yards due to the loss of energy.  Cannons do have an advantage because of their explosive content, their chemical energy is stored until impact and its chemical energy is not affected by the loss of kenetic energy.

As far as kill stealing, people handle in differntly.  I for one am not shy about using range channel to call attention to a friendlies lame ways, and I do so enjoy always being 2 seconds too late to help that friendly if the opportunity arises later on :)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
wasnt meaning to sound hostile there if i did meatwad, just that not more than a few days ago i landed 9 kills in a spit8 when my goal for one sortie (no reload) was 10. reason i only landed 10? my last 100 rounds of MGs i took off a zeke's tail after a close turn fight 1 on 1, only to see a fellow knight dive from 7k above us and shot the hell out of the zeke as it floated down. that just sucked, took alot of restraint not to ball the guy out on range.

no hostility taken, I seen it as humor so I replied with a humorous message
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 12:08:58 AM »
What about the opposite.

someone calls out,  "The 109 is dead, I shot off a wing"  and  he shot off a flap instead of a wing.   Now the "109"  goes and shoots down your squadie.   Some guys seem to claim an enemy down at any damage.

I figure if it can still fight, its not down, its not a kill.  

Just saying it can go both ways.