Author Topic: Scenario Corp update  (Read 445 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Scenario Corp update
« on: August 23, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
Hey everyone! <S>

Just wanted to give everyone an idea of what the CM's have been up to in the past few months.

CM Terrain Team: During the summer, we've released two terrains, Jihad's Phillipines terrain, and Redwing's ETO terrain. Both have gotten fabulous reviews, and both are going to be upgraded with new features soon. We are also going to be releasing two Eastern front terrains within the next month, so all you Comrades out there are in for a treat!    :)

Weekly Events Team: With superhuman effort and drive, Team leader Daddog has catapulted the new "Tour of Duty" event to strong popularity within the first two weeks of it's existence. This event is our flagship, and we are looking to eventually add more squads to the mix to get us up near the 200 person mark each week. If you haven't tried the TOD yet, I highly recommend you sign up to be a guest of a squad for a tour. You'll be glad you did. We haven't forgotten the European AH players, either. Expect to see a new Saturday TOD with a Euro-friendly time frame within the next few months.

Scenario Team: After the battle of Norway in "Hostile Shores", the Scenario team has been planning for the next large scenario. With the things we learned from Hostile Shores, we've decided to try something new for the large scenario format. I'll have more details withing a couple of weeks, but I can tell you that the next scenario will involve the "Big Week" battle over the Reich in Feb. 1944(can you say P-47's? I knew you could!), and that this next scenario will take place over the course of one weekend. We're tweaking a new format where we will have four "phases" of combat, two on each day, with each day of battle lasting approximately four hours.

We're trying hard to make the large scenarios leaner, meaner, and more compact in time frame. So as I said before, this scenario will be held over the course of one weekend, not four. We're shooting to shove as much combat into eight hours on the weekend as we possibly can.

More later, just wanted you to know that we are still working hard to make the best AH events that we possibly can.

<S>

Oh btw, Daddog and I will be at the AH con this year, so we look forward to hoisting a glass or two with you all.  :)

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: banana ]

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Scenario Corp update
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Thanks banana.  Mighty interesting news  :)

And thanks from me to all the CM team for thier hard work and caring to help AH a better place for us all!

Westy

(glad to 'see' you too. been away a while.  :) )

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Scenario Corp update
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by banana:

but I can tell you that the next scenario will involve the "Big Week" battle over the Reich in Feb. 1944(can you say P-47's? I knew you could!),
[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: banana ]

Thats my boy ;) TY very much
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Scenario Corp update
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
Suhweeeeeet!

Offline Vladd

• Copper Member
Scenario Corp update
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by banana:
We haven't forgotten the European AH players, either. Expect to see a new Saturday TOD with a Euro-friendly time frame within the next few months.

We are in as soon as this happens  :)

Likewise for the scenario - looking forward to it already.

Vladd