Author Topic: Air raid warning- Dallas . . .  (Read 941 times)

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
Air raid warning- Dallas . . .
« on: April 11, 2006, 05:03:11 PM »
Anyone know why the B-17 and B-24 keep circling my house east of Dallas?  They have been doing it for 4 or 5 days now.

(you know you're a bit of a plane geek when, first you recognize a bomber as a B-17 BY THE SOUND of it, go outside and yep your right.  Then 1/2 an hour later go, hmm, that doesn't sound like the same plane. . . sounds more like a lib . . . and damn it, there goes a Liberator.)

:-)

Ouch out

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 05:11:25 PM »
PICS MAN DEAR GOD SHOW US PICS!!

Offline yayyyy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 05:26:51 PM »
Originally posted by YUCCA
DEAR GOD

you call?

Offline shiningpathb4me

• Copper Member
I have a friend who got drunk . . .
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 05:27:08 PM »
and imagined that the FBI/CIA etc was circling his house in a helicopter.  He called the Pentagon and told the person who answered the phone that if they didn't call it off, he was going to shoot it down.  He then went outside with a .58 caliber Zouave muzzleloader and fired a round into the air. (all at about 3:00 a.m.) heheh . . .

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 05:42:39 PM »
Saw them in the Miami Fl. area back in Feb.

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 07:32:27 PM »
Originally posted by MaddogWx
Saw them in the Miami Fl. area back in Feb.

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm

Ahh mystery solved. There in Dallas from the 6th to the 11th. :noid
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 08:49:35 PM »
Originally posted by SFCHONDO
Ahh mystery solved. There in Dallas from the 6th to the 11th. :noid

Great. Thats twice Ive missed them dammit:mad:

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 08:56:15 PM »
Saw the 17 and 24 up in CT.  Was very cool when they were coming into Hartford.  Was walking by the a window and saw the 17 and 24 come screaming in treetop level about arms distance from the building.  I would say had to be against regulations going at least 250 and treetop level just barely being above the trees, if they were a couple feet lower they would be hitting trees.  The buildings shook like mad and was just a magnificent sight to see.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 09:01:34 PM »
"Was walking by the a window and saw the 17 and 24 come screaming in treetop level about arms distance from the building"

Were you in the Tower? dam LCA's porkin hangars again? :P

Offline Sooner00

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 09:38:14 PM »
I saw those, and about crashed my car coming home from class on 635

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 09:47:14 PM »
I was kind of hoping they were going to lay waste to all those illegal alien/ pro amnesty protestors.  One could only hope!

Muttman
Sick Puppies

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 10:37:26 PM »
I saw the B-17 over plano last Thursday and the B-25 close to downtown Dallas last friday.. Made my day both days. :D

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline asilvia

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 11:33:50 PM »
I was picking my wife up from work when I saw a B-17 fly overhead. I was showing my kids and explaining what kind of plane it was and thinking to myself....what lucky bastiage has one of those..LMAO
Back in '90 I was working at General Dynamics Electric Boat Div (Quonset Point RI) and having a support rally for Desert Storm. The Flight Museum next door flew a F4-U during the rally. What a great sight that was!!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 09:34:59 AM »
They are visiting the Frontiers of Flight  Museum at Love Field. I'm hoping to drive in Saturday and get a close look.
:)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 08:18:11 PM »
About 2 years ago after spending the morning at the swap meet me and the old lady are kickin back in the bedroom when I hear a sound. I sit up real quick and she says whats wrong. I say do you hear that sound? She says hear what sound. I say that sound its a b17. She says whats a b17 I look at her like what are you stupid. I keep that thought to myself for obvious reasons.

I explain to her what a b17 was. Now she looks at me like I am stupid and tells me I am damn biotch. Mean while the sound is getting louder and I ask her again do you hear that sound. She says ya she can hear the airplane. I tell hear thats a b17 and its getting close. She tells me again that I am stupid and cant possibly tell what kind of plane it was. By now the sound is real close and I am through talking her I get up and charge out the front door.  

Scanning around I locate the direction of the sound. Mean while the old lady has joined me out front. I can tell its coming from behind the house so I run out into the street. The old lady is looking at me like I have lost my mind. Its getting loud now I yell its low its real low. She yells back your such a dork. Then it come into view its low 1000 feat at most flys right over the house ratteling the windows. Its so loud the old lady ducks haha classic. I am jumping up and down yelling as it flies away. The old lady just shakes her her calls me a dork one more time and walks back in the house. I stand the for a minute smiling like well a DORK! Then it hits me VIDEO CAMERA DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am so stupid! Shaking my head I go back inside.

The next day we are sitting on the couch watching the tube when she looks at me and says. Do you hear that? I say hear what? She all proud of herself like she knows something says its the b17 flying over! I look at her like she is stupid ya ya I keep it to myself again. You have an old lady too do you call her stupid? Anyways I say to her thats not a b17 its a b24. She says a btwenty what. Damn women dont know nothin. I tell her to grab the camcorder and meet me out side.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:21:41 PM by icemaw »
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack