Author Topic: TA: A1 Fly By  (Read 637 times)

Offline Strykar1

• Zinc Member
TA: A1 Fly By
« on: April 30, 2006, 11:17:05 PM »
A curious question, One that had me curious from my first day in the game, Its not that big of a deal.  However, Are Fly Overs allowed at A1 in the TA from Rook and Knight Pilots?

I know what alot of people say in the TA, And although I fly Bish in the TA as well in the MA. But the MOTD for the TA doesnt actually say a Fly Over isnt allowed. It says you can not a Base that is being used.. (not exact words)

Soo If any Trainers could actually give light to this subject it would be appreciated.

And if they arnt allowed, Couldn't the MOTD be changed to actually say that??

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: TA: A1 Fly By
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 02:08:38 AM »
Originally posted by Strykar1
However, Are Fly Overs allowed at A1 in the TA from Rook and Knight Pilots?

No
And if they arnt allowed, Couldn't the MOTD be changed to actually say that??
Yes

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 03:40:17 AM »
I guess I'll add that if you plan to follow: Ask permissoin before engaging target; Bomb empty airfields only; Do not strafe ground targets, then there really isnt a good excuse to be overflying A1 in an enemy plane.  The map is big enough that you almost have to intentionally fly over A1 to get to an unrelated target.  That looking at it logically, which I guess could be expecting too much from some players :)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 06:18:45 AM »
Its completly up to you, but you don't have to fly "bish" in the TA. Everyone ups from A1 and grabs a bit of alt, give someone a check six and have at it. You can't kill anyone in there anyway, and being on a different country in there has no effect on which country you are on in any other arena. Save yourself some flight time and switch over so you can up A1 with every one else.

Offline Strykar1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 07:02:12 AM »
Well, the reason for my question, Is that I see this happen over and over, and personally it never bothers me, But it does bother others.. I fly Bishops personally so its not a issue with me. Although I admit during my first time on I was flying over A1 and was insulted many times for doing so.

So I was just curious as to the actual rule behind it, Because I see people going off on people about this from time to time. And I just have to think back to when I first started and Didnt know any better.. And telling a new person to not to fly into the Radar Radius doesnt help much when they don't know what anyone is talking about. But I do apreciate the the answer. It was helpfull and it did clear that up for me

So thank you both.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 07:41:53 AM »
The reason for restricting "enemy" activity at A1 is to reduce the confusion for the brand new player.

While lots of TA "regulars" use A1 an area to congregate and find fights, it is also the default field for new players who have no clue as to what is going on. Having the base flash, sirens going off, "Base Under Attack" warning, and a plane with a different color icon flying around shooting at people without permission adds to the confusion and frustration of new players who are trying to concentrate on learning the very basics of getting their plane out of the hangar and into the air.
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 07:51:25 AM »
And too add to whats already been said.

You need permision to engage anyone in the TA.
Yes that means enemys as well as friendlys. That is much easier to do if your on the same country.

Plus, overflying A1 is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.
Even if you don't break the rules, it incites others to do so.
Especially new pilots who don't know all the ropes yet.

We are trying to get the MOTD changed to include this.
But for now if you want action change country to bishop, and come join the party.

If you feel you really must fly vs enemy, then I suggest that you take it to fields like 27/8. So that by showing up at that location your basicly saying your game for whatever.

Next, shooting anyone, on any runway has NO place in the TA.
Anyone caught doing so will be warned & probably ejected from the game for an hour. It shows an utter lack of any consideration or respect to the other people in the game.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 07:26:54 AM »
Why not just make everyone in TA the same country? Bishop, Knight, Rook, makes no difference. If everyone was the same then there would be no red icons, no base under attack warnings. No temptation to go after that red P-51 that just buzzed A1.  
The map is large enough that if say, a squad of MA Rooks came in and wanted to practice they could still find a spot by themselves.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 10:06:29 AM »
Originally posted by badhorse
Why not just make everyone in TA the same country? Bishop, Knight, Rook, makes no difference. If everyone was the same then there would be no red icons, no base under attack warnings. No temptation to go after that red P-51 that just buzzed A1.  
The map is large enough that if say, a squad of MA Rooks came in and wanted to practice they could still find a spot by themselves.

Just as you mentioned, the TA also accomodates many squads who show for their own training. They normally split up on fields far from A1 and practice Jabo and engagements. Why would we turn off their ability to show themselves to each other as enemy?

Personally I'm not sure why someone would up as some other country and have to fly 30 miles just to find a fight when they can up and immediately begin practicing with anyone. Especially considering you gotta ask and get ok to get into a fight in the first place. Unless you set up personal vox with someone else then you're communication with the other country is bad. If you preset vox for one person then why not just go off to some other field and fight with them anyway? However, no one has ever stopped a few folks from goin off anywhere in the TA to set up and do their own battles. Have they?

Think about it. If you're in the TA to practice don't you want to get up and practice? That's one of the reasons getting shot down is turned off. If you could get shot down you might spend more time taking off than learning to fly. You may become very profficient at taking off (I happen to use auto takeoff so I can go get a drink, etc) but never master flying if you die within 10 seconds of taking off.  The TA is meant to speed up the learning curve so you can get up to speed to fly in other arenas, not deny you the opportunity to learn.

There are, what, 69 fields including CV's (aircraft carriers) in the TA. A1 airfield isn't the only one for practice, is it?

Hope this helps.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 12:15:26 PM »
i like butterflies.

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 12:16:31 PM »
where you been ren? hows the card,hopes you got it workin.S~

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 06:47:41 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
And too add to whats already been said.

You need permision to engage anyone in the TA.
Yes that means enemys as well as friendlys. That is much easier to do if your on the same country.

Plus, overflying A1 is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.
Even if you don't break the rules, it incites others to do so.
Especially new pilots who don't know all the ropes yet.

We are trying to get the MOTD changed to include this.
But for now if you want action change country to bishop, and come join the party.

If you feel you really must fly vs enemy, then I suggest that you take it to fields like 27/8. So that by showing up at that location your basicly saying your game for whatever.

Next, shooting anyone, on any runway has NO place in the TA.
Anyone caught doing so will be warned & probably ejected from the game for an hour. It shows an utter lack of any consideration or respect to the other people in the game.

One last thing, if we could convince Skuzzy to disable planes at A22 and A43, there would be few if any fly-overs by Knights and Rooks. There's still many bases left for squad training or flying away from A1.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 07:23:45 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
One last thing, if we could convince Skuzzy to disable planes at A22 and A43, there would be few if any fly-overs by Knights and Rooks. There's still many bases left for squad training or flying away from A1.

My regards,

Widewing
Disabled or bishop :)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 07:37:21 PM »
or a NEW TERRAIN?

hmm?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 07:58:30 PM »
"two weeks"