Author Topic: More Gunners in Bombers  (Read 1034 times)

Offline tallyho1

• Zinc Member
More Gunners in Bombers
« on: May 07, 2006, 02:44:49 PM »
Can we allow more than one person to join a bomber? Bombers are pretty easy game at the best of times, so more gunners would be more realistic and allow for better survival rates.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
More Gunners in Bombers
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 04:04:25 PM »
I had sort of wondered if it would be possible to allow all the gunner positions to be manned instead of just one guy jumping around too. They would need to implement a "exclusive" radio function or the chatter between them would clog the range channel.

In my opinion it would make the buffs more vulnerable to fighters because all the guns would not fire in the same direction like they do now with the AI. I'm all for more gunners, I think I could get more buff kills that way:aok

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
More Gunners in Bombers
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 08:05:54 PM »
Death Stars (a human gunner at every gunner position) rocked in AirWarrior, unfortunately HiTech has said that even though Death Stars were very cool in AirWarrior that we wont be seeing them here. /sigh
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline GlacierGirl

• Copper Member
      • http://www.gruppeoutlaws.50megs.com
More Gunners in Bombers
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 08:53:57 AM »
That would rock, why wont HT let us have them? If he goes for historicly accurate then gunners in every station deserve to be in the game, it would be a historical flaw without it and if HT is letting that get by he should let us have skins that wernt flown in combat.

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
More Gunners in Bombers
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 09:03:28 AM »
Originally posted by GlacierGirl
That would rock, why wont HT let us have them? If he goes for historicly accurate then gunners in every station deserve to be in the game, it would be a historical flaw without it and if HT is letting that get by he should let us have skins that wernt flown in combat.
search is your friend:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126731&highlight=bomber+gunner

also for related topics see:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=241738&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
More Gunners in Bombers
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 05:37:17 PM »
Originally posted by GlacierGirl
That would rock, why wont HT let us have them? If he goes for historicly accurate then gunners in every station deserve to be in the game, it would be a historical flaw

And one pilot, one bomber. No gunners, no guns. Historically accurate.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
More Gunners in Bombers
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 10:13:30 PM »
heck actually it is easy to survive in bombers just gotta up with a fellow formation and stay tight now your deadly.:D  HEck it is easy for me to RTB with 2 or 3 kills.But then again you have to be a smart bomber pilot and actually touch the clouds instead of coming in at 2k alt and asking for fighter cover in a furball.:lol
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline sharp8th

• Copper Member
More Gunners in Bombers
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »
:aok :aok :aok :aok

Offline RogolloWing

• Zinc Member
Re: More Gunners in Bombers
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »
I liked multiple gunners in AW partly because it was like a roadtrip.  You would have a craft ful of people foing to the same place.  I would like to see multiple gunners in bombers.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 08:01:29 PM »
I liked multiple gunners in AW partly because it was like a roadtrip.  You would have a craft ful of people foing to the same place.  I would like to see multiple gunners in bombers.

Good point, and I would love having multiple gunners per plane, but also you really should check the date of the last post before replying to a thread  ;)
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 09:35:16 PM »
Can we allow more than one person to join a bomber? Bombers are pretty easy game at the best of times, so more gunners would be more realistic and allow for better survival rates.
The only real problem is getting some one to sit back there & wait for something to happen. To often I have had some one join & they decide to go & say nothing. Not a lot of fun when the fighters show up & no one is shooting back at them.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 09:36:58 PM »
Depends on what aircraft your talking about not all gun positions on some bombers had a man on each they in fact did have to bounce about to the best gun to shoot back with.

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 06:24:59 AM »
Depends on what aircraft your talking about not all gun positions on some bombers had a man on each they in fact did have to bounce about to the best gun to shoot back with.

JU-88 had, 3 guns i think? 1 gunner for them all, had to bounce from the two up top and the ventral. In AH if you go into outside view you see a plane full of people, LOL.

Offline Rios

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 09:31:01 AM »
While its a cool concept i find two flaws:

1. How the heck are you going to find enough people willing to fill all the gun positions?

2. would it not make more since to have all the people that where going to be in your guns up their own formation of bombers?
4 sets of bombers is WAY more deadly than 1 with 3 gunners
 :airplane:
CO-303rd BG (H) "Hell's Angels" RECRUITING
Ingame ID-barbeque

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 09:40:11 AM »
I personally don't like when the drones shoot anyway. If HTC could take that off, but keep all guns on your main plane that fire when you do, and have a possibility to have more gunners, I think we would be golden.

OR just make it so when you take off the drones, you can have as many gunners as you want.  :aok