Author Topic: Take a break  (Read 2103 times)

Offline CHECKERS

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/1502/index.html
Take a break
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2006, 09:27:39 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Morph...

You seem to be saying..."can't we all just get along?". :)

Morph, Roddney King and NoseMuk all on the same page .... LOL

Morph needs a to have a long hart to hart talk with "The Kid From Brooklyn " .....

Bob/CHECKERS
Originally posted by Panman
God the BK's are some some ugly mo-fo's. Please no more pictures, I'm going blind Bet your mothers don't even love ya cause u'all sooooooooo F******* ulgy.

Offline navajoboy

• Probation
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.uknightedstates.net
Re: Take a break
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2006, 01:58:51 PM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
I think alot of you need to take a break. So many of you argue way too much about stuff that will never get resolved. There is no resolution/right or wrong for the vast majority of stuff people argue about in the first place. (ie. to furball or tool shed/whats the right way to play.) So why bother? I have tried to argue my points, what I thought was right or wrong, then I took a break. Now the mere thought of arguing over  that stuff seems far too time consuming and frankly, a waste of time.

That is all.

MOAT! :noid :noid
Stovpipe aka Navajo
Uknighted 357th FG - JG26
-+= Foreign Relations Minister =+-
http://www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
Take a break
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2006, 02:04:18 PM »

prozac anyone?
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Take a break
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »
Originally posted by mars01

IMO - Poor Doks melt down in the score thread is proceless.

Dude, no one in this BBS has ever seen me really pop off on anyone yet. Zaz-cakes was the closest, but I redirected that outburst via Photoshop. Should a true eruption occur, trust me, you will save the body of the message for a while just to study the imagery.

As for taking a break, it is getting close to that time for me, anyway. The BBS is a constant rehash of the same idiotic circle-jerkery. And sadly it is also a reflection of the malaise that has set into the MA. Which isn't so much a fault in the game technology as in that the basic thread of the MA has been static for long enough for players to adapt to it. It's time to shake things up in the MA is all.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Take a break
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 03:46:38 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
And sadly it is also a reflection of the malaise that has set into the MA. Which isn't so much a fault in the game technology as in that the basic thread of the MA has been static for long enough for players to adapt to it. It's time to shake things up in the MA is all.

I disagree. More customers than ever means AH is perfect as it is (depending on one's perspective). It is us, the customers who supported this game for so long, that are to blame. We were never expected to stay this long, and perhaps we shouldn't have. The animosity that makes it's way into every thread, the vile language, insults, and degrading remarks made about families and personalities are a good indication of this. For many, this game isn't about fun, it's either a way to lash out at others for people who are unable to do so in the real world, or it's a substitute for the real world, and is therefore taken far too seriously.

I'm not saying this about anyone in particular in this discussion, just using the instances of these behaviors as a sort of hyperbole. Not everyone who's just burned out on the game is guilty of this, but many are.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 03:50:45 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Take a break
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 03:51:15 PM »
The animosity that makes it's way into every thread, the vile language, insults, and degrading remarks made about families and personalities are a good indication of this.

Hub can you point me to a thread that is like the one you explained above.  Both of you have a pretty dark view, maybe it's me, but I just don't think it is as bad as either of you portray it.:confused:

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
Take a break
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2006, 04:08:37 PM »
An online game needs to retain players over the long haul, which is something HT has done really well. The community is what makes an online MP game thrive. But in making it accessable to newbies there are now present enough shortcuts to the apparent rewards that its possible to "do well" and bypass a lot of the learning curve.

Which makes the people who spent the time to learn to furball, or to study the texts by Shaw, Galland, etc., scratching our heads asking: "Why? How can what you do be fun?"

The MA isn't all that bad. But it should be tweaked. Not only because it needs it, but because in general people who play online games are masters at adapting to change. And if things don't change they get bored. And capture FT.

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
Take a break
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2006, 04:20:06 PM »
You Suck !
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Take a break
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2006, 07:33:05 PM »
I dont know dok, it seems that if you say something, and it doesnt match up with their outlook on certain things, you're "melting down". LOL wtf. meltdown eh? That's cool.

LolzOMFg! But a 10 page thread/RANT on killing FH's isn't a melt down? A melt down in masses.

haha.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Take a break
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 08:13:23 PM »
Hyperbole, I believe is the word. Exaggeration to prove a point. Not every thread turns ugly, but there have been more than enough (Skuzzy's pretty good about deleting/editing most of the worst stuff), and if I had a dollar for every physical threat, insult, slur, or deragatory remark involving someone's mother, I'd be rich.

Not everyone is an idiot, but there's already a surplus in AH, and I see more guys talking stupid **** every night. It's not necessarily a negative reflection of the entire community, but there are more than just a few people who do seriously need to take a break.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Take a break
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2006, 10:04:34 PM »

Nomalk hit the nail on the head - Entertainment.  The fact that any of you get emotionally involved to the point you are actually pissed is what cracks me up and blows my mind.  And that's what's so ironic that Mak is the one that hit the nail on the head.  
Whats this world comming to.:lol

Mars.....

I may be dumb..... but I'm not a dumb arse.   Even when I am in the middle of my own meltdowns I do retain more perspective than you realize.

Just sayn sometimes its hard to really "read" people from text.

Dave

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Take a break
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2006, 10:50:24 PM »
Mak,

I didn't mean that in a disrespectful way, but there are times when I thought to myself why do you bother when you get that upset.

IMH you took the whole MAOT thing pretty hard and missed all entertainment value, so for you to come full circle is a good thing :aok

That is all I meant.

Now why Morph is going through his whiny period I will nevah know lol.
I dont know dok, it seems that if you say something, and it doesnt match up with their outlook on certain things, you're "melting down". LOL wtf. meltdown eh? That's cool.

Whaaaaa - Nice stinky bait.

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
Take a break
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2006, 11:01:03 PM »
Mak,

I didn't mean that in a disrespectful way, but there are times when I thought to myself why do you bother when you get that upset.

IMH you took the whole MAOT thing pretty hard and missed all entertainment value, so for you to come full circle is a good thing :aok

That is all I meant.

Now why Morph is going through his whiny period I will nevah know lol.

Whaaaaa - Nice stinky bait.

Its all good Bud. ;)   I wasnt offended at all.  Just wanted to say what I thought.......

Dave

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Take a break
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 11:12:11 PM »
lol mars u r teh gay. :lol
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Take a break
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2006, 06:18:11 AM »
Originally posted by Morpheus
lol mars u r teh gay. :lol
As witnessed bythat home video he posted two days ago.  hee hee :rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"