Author Topic: Leadership to be proud of....  (Read 1490 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Leadership to be proud of....
« on: May 14, 2006, 04:47:20 PM »
I wonder how many people actually heard this speech. Not enough. From the keynote speaker at the Democratic Convention

2004 Convention Speech - Barak Obama

It is that fundamental belief -- It is that fundamental belief: I am my brother’s keeper. I am my sister’s keeper that makes this country work. It’s what allows us to pursue our individual dreams and yet still come together as one American family.

E pluribus unum: "Out of many, one."

Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us -- the spin masters, the negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of "anything goes." Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America -- there is the United States of America. There is not a Black America and a White America and Latino America and Asian America -- there’s the United States of America.

The pundits, the pundits like to slice-and-dice our country into Red States and Blue States; Red States for Republicans, Blue States for Democrats. But I’ve got news for them, too. We worship an "awesome God" in the Blue States, and we don’t like federal agents poking around in our libraries in the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States and yes, we’ve got some gay friends in the Red States. There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq. We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.

Now compare to this Keynote speech....

Zell Miller keynote 2004

No one should dare to even think about being the Commander in Chief of this country if he doesn't believe with all his heart that our soldiers are liberators abroad and defenders of freedom at home.

But don't waste your breath telling that to the leaders of my Party today. In their warped way of thinking America is the problem, not the solution.

They don't believe there's any real danger in the world except that which America brings upon itself through our clumsy and misguided foreign policy.

It is not their patriotism -- it is their judgment that has been so sorely lacking.

They claimed Carter's pacifism would lead to peace -- they were wrong.

They claimed Reagan's defense buildup would lead to war -- they were wrong.

And no pair has been more wrong, more loudly, more often than the two Senators from Massachusetts, Ted Kennedy and John Kerry.

Together, Kennedy/Kerry have opposed the very weapons systems that won the Cold War and that are now winning the war on terror.

Listing all the weapon systems that Senator Kerry tried his best to shut down sounds like an auctioneer selling off our national security. But Americans need to know the facts.

The B-1 bomber, that Senator Kerry opposed, dropped 40% of the bombs in the first six months of [Operation] Enduring Freedom.

The B-2 bomber, that Senator Kerry opposed, delivered air strikes against the Taliban in Afghanistan and Hussein's command post in Iraq.

The F-14A Tomcats, that Senator Kerry opposed, shot down Khadifi's Libyan MIGs over the Gulf of Sidra.

The modernized F-14D, that Senator Kerry opposed, delivered missile strikes against Tora Bora.

The Apache helicopter, that Senator Kerry opposed, took out those Republican Guard tanks in Kuwait in the Gulf War.

The F-15 Eagles, that Senator Kerry opposed, flew cover over our Nation's Capital and this very city after 9/11.

I could go on and on and on: Against the Patriot Missile that shot down Saddam Hussein's scud missiles over Israel; against the Aegis air-defense cruiser; against the Strategic Defense Initiative; against the Trident missile -- against, against, against.

This is -- This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S. Armed Forces?!

U.S. forces armed with what? Spitballs?!

Not even gonna start about how Zell lied about the defense spending, just look at the tone of the 2 speeches.. who do you want representing you?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 04:51:40 PM »
I did. :D

He gave another doozey last Thursday.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 05:24:42 PM »
Is Miller a possibility in '08? Like Lieberman, there's a democrat I'd consider.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 05:51:31 PM »
you people actually listen to political speeches? next you will be saying you believe what they say.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 05:59:01 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
Is Miller a possibility in '08? Like Lieberman, there's a democrat I'd consider.

Lieberman is the DNC's McCain.

McCain is the GOP's Lieberman.
sand

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 06:00:14 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
you people actually listen to political speeches? next you will be saying you believe what they say.

When Bush spoke during the Bush/Gore debates of regime change in Iraq, I believed him. Of course, he also said that he wasn't for nation building... so it's a wash.
sand

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 06:08:07 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Lieberman is the DNC's McCain.

McCain is the GOP's Lieberman.

Yup.

Repubs with a brain frickin hate McCain.

Demo's with a brain frickin hate Lieberman.

But for me, if I was given a choice between McCain and Lieberman, I'd pick lieberman (I'm a republican sorta, if you haven't been paying attention).

How about you sandy?  McCain or Lieberman?
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 06:11:51 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
Yup.

Repubs with a brain frickin hate McCain.

Demo's with a brain frickin hate Lieberman.

But for me, if I was given a choice between McCain and Lieberman, I'd pick lieberman (I'm a republican sorta, if you haven't been paying attention).

How about you sandy?  McCain or Lieberman?

Of the two, I like McCain, but only because he's more familiar.  He manages to find his way on to the Daily Show a few times a year. He hasn't really said anything all that disagreeable. I'll confess that I'm ignorant of the voting records for both.

A more informed opinion could be different.
sand

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 06:21:01 PM »
Originally posted by john9001

QFT.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 06:31:05 PM »
MT,

I saw Obama's speech live and LOVED it.  He is a great and truely inspiring speaker.  While I don't agree with his politics I thought he did a great job at the DNC convention.  I wish we had more politicans that could actually motivate and """"GASP"""" inspire people.

AHEM..

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125029&highlight=obama

see i'm not such a pundit after all.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2006, 07:06:27 PM »
Hard to be "inspired" by people who will only lie to you, if it fits thier purpose.  I have no respect for politicians, ergo, they cannot inspire me.  However, if they lined up and jumped off a cliff into the Grand Canyon, I might raise an eyebrow.
As I have no respect foir them, I cannot consider them leaders.  A true leader is typically selfless.  Politicans are in the game to get what they can out of it before bailing.  They have no respect for us, the people, or they would not continually lie to us.

I am not proud of our politicians.  I am disgusted by them.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 07:11:20 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Leadership to be proud of....
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 08:06:41 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I wonder how many people actually heard this speech. Not enough. From the keynote speaker at the Democratic Convention

2004 Convention Speech - Barak Obama

Now compare to this Keynote speech....

Zell Miller keynote 2004

Not even gonna start about how Zell lied about the defense spending, just look at the tone of the 2 speeches.. who do you want representing you?

Gotta say it does seem that Obama didn't drink the koolaid and Zell did. But opinions vary as do votes. Mine says Obama seems a more reasonable choice of the two if it was a presidential vote on the line.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Leadership to be proud of....
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 08:11:06 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Gotta say it does seem that Obama didn't drink the koolaid and Zell did. But opinions vary as do votes. Mine says Obama seems a more reasonable choice of the two if it was a presidential vote on the line.

How do you think Obama would fare against Condoleezza? That would be an interesting race.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Leadership to be proud of....
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 08:43:06 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
How do you think Obama would fare against Condoleezza? That would be an interesting race.

"Interesting" is a word for it. I believe Obama would fare well and he would be my preferred choice. But then, quotes seem to say alot in this thread:

"I'm not somebody who wants to run for office. I haven't ever run for anything," Rice told NBC. "I think I'm doing what I need to do, which is to try and promote American foreign policy, American interests, the president's democracy agenda at an extraordinary time."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/10/16/national/w081714D55.DTL

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 09:05:44 PM »
john9001 is Scuzzy's shade :noid :noid :noid :furious :lol
b0th r teh sm@rt