Author Topic: Wow  (Read 795 times)

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Wow
« on: June 01, 2006, 11:33:55 PM »
You know, when I saw the new patch fixed the 38 flap issue, I thought to myself, "what are they gonna find to whine about now?"

Didn't look very far did you guys.

There is not one, not a single issue with controller setup that cannot be solved with a little pratical thought.

Yeah, I was a little miffed when after a 5 hour download, I went offline and found my guns not firing, rudders not ruddering and throttle fully open and un-shuttable. My bombs not selecting, my flaps not flapping and my views not viewing.

Took me 20 minutes, max, to sort out every single issue you guys have spent the last 6 hours whinging about.

I'm sorry that you would rather moan like fish-wives instead of rectifying the issues for yourselves.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Wow
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:15:04 AM »
:lol :aok
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Re: Wow
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 12:19:50 AM »
Originally posted by TinmanX
You know, when I saw the new patch fixed the 38 flap issue, I thought to myself, "what are they gonna find to whine about now?"

Didn't look very far did you guys.

There is not one, not a single issue with controller setup that cannot be solved with a little pratical thought.

Yeah, I was a little miffed when after a 5 hour download, I went offline and found my guns not firing, rudders not ruddering and throttle fully open and un-shuttable. My bombs not selecting, my flaps not flapping and my views not viewing.

Took me 20 minutes, max, to sort out every single issue you guys have spent the last 6 hours whinging about.

I'm sorry that you would rather moan like fish-wives instead of rectifying the issues for yourselves.

There have been distinctly different problems, not all have been the same. The auto patch causes some, some are simple missing keys, some are really screwy. I wouldn't presume to say I fixed mine so you're all dumb.

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Wow
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 01:16:34 AM »
When you pay for something that has a problem with it, i don't call that whining, i call that expecting to get what you pay for.
S.A.P.P. member (armed and lubricated)

Providing bait for other SAPP pilots since 2005

Formerly Leadpig...Proud to be one of the PNG'd...
Skuzzyfied!

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Re: Wow
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 01:19:28 AM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
I wouldn't presume to say I fixed mine so you're all dumb.

And neither did I, I just said that if people implimented as much thought into fixing these configuration issues as they do into complaining about the configuration issues....

Reading is, apparently, optional.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Wow
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 01:21:45 AM »
Originally posted by LEDPIG
When you pay for something that has a problem with it, i don't call that whining, i call that expecting to get what you pay for.

You want a member of HTC staff to come around to your house and configure your stick? Cos you pay 50c a day to them? :rofl

You don't pay for that.
Aces High Films

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
Wow
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 01:41:22 AM »
Tinman fix this then please. my stick a saitek cyborg forcefeed back evo
has no response. none 0 no rudder no elev you get the picture i reload my drivers i reloaded aces high i did everything short of callin a priest to cast the demons out there are problems that are more than minor this is a great game and 99% of all patches work well this 1 does and doesnt
look 38 much better other fixes great the overhaul of mapping is good but
need help hope it comes fast looks like im grounded till then
DH
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Wow
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 02:00:01 AM »
Is there anything else connected to your computer that may be detected as a game input? Anything plugged in through a USB port could be mistaken as such.

My first thought, without knowing what you've done already, would be to remove any non-essential hardware and just run what you need to set up and play - mouse, keyboard, mic, speakers and stick.

Any other hardware can cause device conflicts.

Remove what you don't need, reboot, reconfigure in windows then boot the game and calibrate.

Like I said, without knowing what you've tried already, it's hard to offer advice.
Aces High Films

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Wow
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 02:04:09 AM »
Assuming everyone knows what you know simply proves you're a bigger idiot than the guys having problems.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Wow
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 02:23:03 AM »
Did I assume that, no.

Did I say that? No.

I got to look at the interface at the same time everyone else did and while my work lies with computers, it is firmly planted in webdesign and goes nowhere near software or hardware. 20 minutes of trial and error got everything working after everything wasn't and it had nothing to do with what I knew before I started.

Every single problem (except the F8 issue) that I have read on this forum in the last 6 hours, I encountered when I installed the patch. My point was that if people just tried for a few minutes instead of throwing their rattles out of the pram, they might just discover that there really isn't a problem after all. Apparently though, waving your credit card reciept in the air and wailing is how folks expect to get things fixed.

The majority of problems lay in the fact that people are resistant to change. If you treated this patch  - and the new stick configuration configuration - as you treated the game when you first installed it, there wouldn't be all this griping. But it's different, and people don't like different.
Aces High Films

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Wow
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 02:27:25 AM »
Your post offers nothing but contempt for those that are having issues. While you or I might have sorted them out, mocking folks (who, for all you know, may only use a computer to play this game) for voicing their concerns is in poor taste.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Wow
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 02:40:33 AM »
The only thing my opening post offers is the advice to try and work things out before BMCing and threating to cancel subscription as it appears to me that these forums are only used to *****, Moan and Complain. If you see this as contempt and don't see the threats posted in the other threads as contemptable then your judgement is lacking.

You all like to read things into posts that simply are not there. I didn't call anyone "dumb", I didn't call anyone an "idiot". Implying that I did or have is nonsensicle.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 02:45:08 AM by TinmanX »
Aces High Films

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Wow
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 03:25:10 AM »
Originally posted by TinmanX
You want a member of HTC staff to come around to your house and configure your stick? Cos you pay 50c a day to them? :rofl

You don't pay for that.

No you pay to have the game act right that's what you pay for

Skuzzyfied!

Offline mijoieau

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Wow
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 03:26:28 AM »
Whining is good when theres a problem, better than sucking up when its not needed,why sould everyone lose all there setting,looks like hitech sould have tested it more or atleast pretend to give a toss and its paying customers.

This patch is total crap and as per the norm most will say theres no problem and if they say there is the offical responce will be that there isnt one or no responce at all, why so many sheep dont speak up over problems never ceases to amaze me.

far from happy!

Offline LEDPIG

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Wow
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 10:41:35 AM »
It's not total crap, give em credit, they do a good job, but computers and computer programming are hard. I still think it's far from an exact science, i.e. when you change one problem you get 5 million others. But it is what it is

Skuzzyfied!