Author Topic: Aces High Stock Market Game...  (Read 9563 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Aces High Stock Market Game...
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2006, 01:38:49 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
I think it's illegal, but when the change on my dresser accumulates to an unmanageable level, I pick out the quarters, hold up a grocery bag to the side of the dresser, and sweep all that crap into a bag and toss it out.

My rationale is that if you added up all those pennies and nickels, you couldn't even use it to cover the cost of having someone else deal with it.

So why should I? :D

A couple of years ago I had a change jar that had accumulated quite the collection of quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies.  It weighed a TON.  I took it to my credit union (they'll sort it and cash it for free).  I was expecting 25, maybe 30 bucks back.  When the teller came back with the receipt she said, "And how would you like your $88.45?"

CHA-CHING!!!!

That's a lot of tamales, yo.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2006, 01:40:02 AM »
Originally posted by Nash

My rationale is that if you added up all those pennies and nickels, you couldn't even use it to cover the cost of having someone else deal with it.

So why should I? :D

You can use them as revenge on annoying store or bank clerks. At least here they must accept payments in any kind of legal currency, so people have been known to use bags full of cent coins to protest what they considered unfair charges, fees, etc...

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2006, 02:41:22 AM »
I have a jarrrr that we put in the nursery when Mia was born. When its full of change and buttons we take it to the bank. When she eventually turns 18 she should have abit.

anyways.. markets are slowly up so far after 30 mins of trading. its not up much so i belive it will continue up slow today and not the yoyo stuff that has been going on lately. my portfolio is up 1,17%

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2006, 09:05:10 AM »
wow.. nice start over in capitalist country! :)

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2006, 10:46:29 AM »
THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!:furious

Time to get my Banker/money manager involved. :t

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »
Boy, all three of my origanal investments took a nosedive. Losing my thousands a day. Took a lose and got my money back.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2006, 10:59:22 AM »
I did somthing today that i normally dont do.. I sold a stock at a great loss. I then bought some other stock in PDR just before the numbers from the US came in.

I ended the day up 6% and im in the black again if only by a mere 0,5%. Yay OIL! :)

This means that over the last month I have beaten the marked and made money while the market is down a total of 12 % since may 11.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2006, 11:02:39 AM »
I was going to sell all the AMD stocks...than in the morning I read something about their new processor getting certified by novell...or smthng.So I held onto them..now they`re making money..yesterday they were down almost $1000
:)

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »
I suck horribly at this stuff. In fact, I should invest in real oil right now and within a week I'm pretty sure that the market will reach its lowest level of the decade.

But reading this thread is great fun. You wannabe Rockefellers crack me up :lol :aok
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2006, 11:17:43 AM »
You guys that play that game try this...

When you get close to closing time at the exchange buy afew in the share that has gone down the most that day and see what happens the following day.

You will make money.

I do it, but since its real money i dont always have free capital. I would say it works 75% of the time. Make sure you have the time to place a sell order before it closes tho. The stock has prolly been specualted in and the pros and funds will make it rise in the moring just so they can dump it at a profit.

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2006, 11:38:44 AM »
Just did that actually Nilsen. Since it's not my money, I grabbed 75k in stocks on Bayer. Was down -7.45% when I picked it up. iirc, they just chased Merck out of a takeover deal on another company. It's at 37.90, but had a 52wk hi of 46.62 (last month) & a 52wk low of 32 (last year). I think it's got a 70/30 chance of making at least 1 or 2 bucks per share. Just have to keep sitting on it now that I'm comitted.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2006, 11:40:01 AM »
Today looks good so far!

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2006, 11:42:44 AM »
9 out of the top 10 players are those who risked themselves and bought stock.

I was down at the end of yesterday, but some of my stocks rebounded.  Others are taking a nosedive.  I'm going to hold onto the flaming lala headed for the dirt at Mach 2 because I believe it's going to go up.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2006, 11:42:54 AM »
I've switched ranks with Laser & Vort 5 times in the last hour so far. :lol

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2006, 11:45:22 AM »
I think Reschke holds the record.  He went from number 3 down to 30 yesterday, and is now back in the top 5.  

Just call him Yo yo.  :)